Getting an Actifry....yay

It took me a while Tracer to get it right, but I'm sure you'll get there. I want to cook sweet potatoes next, so might give them a go over the weekend. I bet squash will b nice thou.

I love mine and i think the chips are far better than the greasy ones at chip shop now lol.
Perservere it might just need adjustments :)

My dh bought me one for christmas and have to admit it took a while to get to grips with how long to cook etc, and also i did cook 2batches of chips (for kids) before i actually did some for dh and myself. They are far better than oven chips, and i have started trying different oils to see what flavour i prefer. I must admit i use oil because they tast much nicer. It goes without saying that the chips will never be as good as chip shop chips, but i actually prefer them as they are less greasy.

Hope it impresses you soon.
x

Thanks I will go and look at different oils. Did butternut squash chips with frylight today. They were ok ish...lol. I just wanna make the golden crispy chips I've seen on the advert....I think I'll look like a chip by the time I achieve it....lol

i let mine work away for about 10 mins before i add any oils,,i used to use frylite but seeing as it's now pointed on ww pro i'd rather use extra virgin olive oil and that makes a big difference

yummymummy75 said:
i let mine work away for about 10 mins before i add any oils,,i used to use frylite but seeing as it's now pointed on ww pro i'd rather use extra virgin olive oil and that makes a big difference

Oooohhhh ok I'll try that next then thanks. Doing discovery but don't mind adding the oil if the chips are nicer ;-))

Frylite is now pointed :eek: I didn't know that :(

I did sweet potato chips in the actifry tonight and they tasted fab! Will be making them again!

I made a prawn stir fry last week and it was yummy. In fact it was so yummy, I decided to make it the following evening but I added noodles to it. The noodles got tangled in the middle round the paddle. The noodles dried out a little, but the veg & prawns were lovely.

Tonight, I roasted onions, peppers, courgettes and mushrooms and they didnt take very long to cook. Again, delish but watch that you don't cook them for too long. There is more to an actifry than chips!!

Hazykay said:
I made a prawn stir fry last week and it was yummy. In fact it was so yummy, I decided to make it the following evening but I added noodles to it. The noodles got tangled in the middle round the paddle. The noodles dried out a little, but the veg & prawns were lovely.

Tonight, I roasted onions, peppers, courgettes and mushrooms and they didnt take very long to cook. Again, delish but watch that you don't cook them for too long. There is more to an actifry than chips!!

I like the sound of prawn stir fry!! Shame about the noodles.
Yes more to an actifry than chips!!!

SallyCinnamonBun said:
I got an ActiFry yesterday! I'm trying chilli tonight.

That sounds interesting! Let us know what it's like.

I've got rid if mine.... Lol. Couldn't get to grips with it.... Back to the oven for me :)
Oh really? I've been following your comments about the acti-fry. I am worried that if I get another piece of kitchen equipment it'll end up in storage like the steamer and slow cooker I have :eek:

Oh really? I've been following your comments about the acti-fry. I am worried that if I get another piece of kitchen equipment it'll end up in storage like the steamer and slow cooker I have :eek:

That's what I thought! Alongside the donut maker, popcorn machine, breadmaker, slow cooker, rice steamer etc!

Anyhow, didn't manage the chilli, didn't have any tinned toms :mad: so I thew in a 1/2 bag of Tesco pepper stir fry, a pack of king prawns and half of one of those small stir fry sauces. Lovely!

Chilli tomorrow :p

I use mine at least 4 times a week. Potato chips, sweet potato chips, roasted veg, stir fries, roast spuds on a Sunday, a wonderful machine. :D

I too have the electric steamer, slow cooker, ice cream maker, smoothie maker etc. but I would definetly recommend an actifry. Pricey but worth its weight in gold.

I got mine from Makro. It cost £89.99 and I was worried about having to justify it to hubby, but once I explained what it can do and he saw it on one of the shopping channels, he too saw the health benefits.

I wouldn't be without mine now. If it broke down tomorrow I would go buy another

I saw it on qvc that's why I wanted one....lol
My food never looked like theirs tho and I've got no patience to keep trying.... I gulped before I told my hubby I didn't like it because of the money he'd spent, but luckily we got back what we paid for it.... Phew... Lol

Back