Getting Back Into Ketosis....

Discussion in 'Exante' started by betaff, 17 June 2011 Social URL.

1. betaff

betaff Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I haven't come 'off the plan' (yet!!), but am just wondering - does it take the same amount of time to get back into ketosis further down the line as it does when initially starting out and is it as tough on your body/mind to do it again as it was the first time?

So, if I had some sort of social do coming up and was happy with my loss so far - would I have to go through the same process again if I had a day where I ate carbs again?

I'm just wondering if it becomes faster/easier than the initial time or would it still take up to 5 days or so?

I'm not planning anything that is going to involve eating lots of carbs but am just wondering for future reference

Many thanks in advance if anyone replies :)

Phil

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ShedMasterZero

ShedMasterZero was DeepThought

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    It will most likely be similar, but it really can vary.

Some people do struggle to get back into ketosis at times, but "why?" is the big question.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I find it much easier and much quicker to get back if I have a planned day off

5. ShedMasterZero

ShedMasterZero was DeepThought

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Sorry, yes, I should get more sleep!! :eek:

If it's just a day or two then it's usually quicker and easier to get back into ketosis. But if that day or two turns into a week or two, then you really are starting all over again.

6. losingit

losingit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(25.37%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    It directly relates to how much carb you have on your day(s) off and how long you take off. If you stick to mostly protein and limit the carb then you can get back into ketosis within 24 hours - or at least it happens for me like that when i have broken ketosis in the past by eating a couple of slices of toast or a bag of crisps. If you really load the carbs then it can take the full 5 days again, definitely.

7. Tatty03

Tatty03 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.98%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total
    I have had a really bad week getting back into ketosis and won't be cheating again!!! I had a small Chinese Sunday. It took until Thursday to be properly back into ketosis. X

8. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    i came off LT last christmas and i tried and tried to get back on the wagon but rather than have trouble getting back into ketosis i had trouble even getting through day one! its like i had a mental block, even though i REALLy wanted to restart the diet i just couldn't seem to do it. Luckily this time round iv done it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.