Getting back on track with one of those stone jars

Sweetest_Syn

ok... i admit...ive been off plan since OCTOBER 2012, trust me i feel crap, had almost a stone worth of gains in 3-4 weeks, :sigh:
but im determined as i got sw vouchers for group from some friends.

i saw in the magazine, there were stone jars

dsc_0064.jpg

What you Need:

1. Two glass jars – Whatever you want or will match your decor.(sainsburys have some BEAUTIFUL coloured glass vases that would look AMAZING) They can be mismatched or the same, you can buy them or recycle from pickle jars. I bought 2 jars at my local Hobby Lobby that matched and I thought were fun.
  2. Glass rocks or some other group of things you could use to as a counting tool (buttons, seashells, regular rocks, etc…)
  3. Scrapbooking letter stickers. You could use paint or a permanent marker but the stickers make it so easy.
Make sure your jars are clean and that you have removed all labels or stickers. Little side note on the jars, if you think that the jar is too small, it probably isn’t. I had to take my first jars back to the store because when I put my glass rocks into them they only filled about a quarter of the jar. So I took them back and got two sizes smaller of the same jar and there was still plenty of room in them. And I had to put 160 rocks in the first one.

Once your jars are ready, grab your letter stickers and start spelling out your words. On the first jar, I put “Pounds to Lose” and on the second one “Pounds Lost”. As a little thing just for me, I used the stickers to put my starting weight on the bottom of the “Pounds to Lose” jar and my goal weight on the bottom of the “Pounds Lost” jar.
dsc_0071.jpg

BRB GONNA GO RAID OUR KITCHEN FOR SOME GLASS JARS!

Really like this idea... plus if kept in the kitchen it can be used as a visual reminder, or deterrent before picking up that bar of chocolate :D

I really like these, I think I may buy some today and decorate them up with ribbon etc... not used my glue gun for ages!

Back