Getting into Running

It's really good to hear about people having success with C25K. I've just started it, and really want to make a go of it but it's hard sometimes to kick myself out of the house when I know what hard work it's going to be.

Didn't know about the podcasts. Will defo download those as I don't have an iPhone (boo!) but do have an ancient iPod I could use. Fab!

I've downloaded the app c25k and am starting it after weigh in tonight!! :):):) xxx

Clarlee - thanks again for the link to the C25K, have downloaded this and will look about dowloading the app for my phone too, glad I asked that question :)

Week 1 looks easy to do, how do you know what plan to choose?

Thanks to everyone else who has given their views.

xx

Clarlee - thanks again for the link to the C25K, have downloaded this and will look about dowloading the app for my phone too, glad I asked that question :)

Week 1 looks easy to do, how do you know what plan to choose?

Thanks to everyone else who has given their views.

xx

Its a nine week plan though...? So stick to it regardless of whether it sounds too easy or you'll get too knackered if you did say week two and then skip to week four!! I did this same idea years ago and couldnt run for toffee so started out really gently & it does work!! Do the first easy week and see how you get on...!!! Take LITTLE steps first lovey ;) If you dont feel like you've done enough afterwards then walk the dog, hit the gym, do 20 sit ups at home - makes up for it then but take the running bit by bit xxx :)

Just downloading coach to 10k for my blackberry. Can't believe I'm actually going to run even though I really really want to be able to.

Just downloading coach to 10k for my blackberry. Can't believe I'm actually going to run even though I really really want to be able to.

If I can do it - you can!! Let us know how you get on with the first week :) xx

Will do. May end up being a bit sporadic at times due to my lovely work shifts.

I started with the C25K several months ago.
I didn't do it as often as it recommends, as I was swimming a lot as well at the time, so I was varying my exercise.
But I kept building up with it, and a fortnight ago I ran (well, slowly-and-lumberingly-jogged really) the 10k Race for Life.

I was so proud of myself!
And now I'm going to keep up the running, and hope to manage a half marathon next year! Maybe.

Hi I would love to run! Have tried to bet get exhausted quickly and then give up. I do kickboxing 3 times a week and running would help my stamina. I'm going to try that app! Do you think running out and about is better than treadmill? X

If you run on the treadmill you have to have it at an incline to get the same momentum as jogging out and about. something to do with moving forward. good luck

i want to start jogging/running too but i need to lose some weight first i think because i have chronic asthma and would prob die if i attempted it at 22stone.

Firstly before you start running i would get advise from your doctor. You havent got to start with running. i would start with doing the C25K but at walking, ie walk fast for a minute then walk at normal pace for a minute. Where it says to run, walk quicker until you are walking quicker for 30mins.
Am i making sense?

I am doing the 10K application at the moment, having completed the c25k. I found the c25k very hard going to begin with.
good luck and it would be great to hear of your progress if you decide to have a go at walking it.

There's no way I could have done c25k but c210k seems one heck of a lot easier (to start at least). Just done day 1 :D

There's no way I could have done c25k but c210k seems one heck of a lot easier (to start at least). Just done day 1 :D

what is the first week like?
my 10K first week is 3 runs for week 1 and it is 4 x 10min run with 1 min walk inbetween each run.

what is the first week like?
my 10K first week is 3 runs for week 1 and it is 4 x 10min run with 1 min walk inbetween each run.

The one I'm doing is 13 weeks and week 1 is 5 min warm up walk. 30s run and 4.30min walk x8. 5 min cool down walk.

Just wanted to say goodluck to u all x

I started with c25k so i didnt have to pay gym membership and i could go jogging whenever was convenient for me but i started jogging in old running trainers which soon gave me alot of pain in the back of my legs so i went to the running shop and bought some new trainers so now its great .... i usually run 4 miles every time i go out and i never thought i would ever be able to do it .... im actually enjoying it now and its brill so anyone thats thinking of having a go ... GO FOR IT!!! xxxx

I started the C25K 6 weeks ago not being able to run the length of myself & now I'm absolutely loving going out for a jog. Apart from the fitness & weight loss its great for clearing your head.

Good luck

Back