Getting married 11 June 2011

Hi Girls,

That was a really good idea getting him a bike, well done, my OH keeps looking at bikes in the shops everytime we're out, but thats a fab bargain as well.

I've been really sticking to plan since sunday but not feeling it, am worried will have put a couple of pounds back on again since last WI. Although the 3.5 loss felt good at the time just feels too good to be true now lol.

Maybe I'm just meant to be 12 st 7lb...... I still feel lots better at this weight but dress size hasn't gone down :( but inches have :) how does that work??

Anyway, think its just my pre WI wobbles will just have to see how it goes, after this week won't be able to go to WI for a week as in Leeds for a 2 day course then the next 2 weeks after that have to weigh on an evening because of my shifts, might be a rocky few weeks, still going to start will Jillian Michaels today - will ahve to do it with tins of beans though cos I haven't got any weights yet.

Wish me luck xx

Hey ladies, sorry you're still stressed with work Elz. Horrible when you're not happy isn't it. Not forever for you though hopefully.

Good luck Kerry and hope you enjoy the Jillian workout - am just about to do it myself now actually.

Got up and had a shake, then did Gunnar's ball workout for 40 mins. Then had banana. Off pretty much till after Easter, so am really going to up the exercise. Have a good day both of you xx

Well done with the exercise ladies I walked to work and back today total of 90 mims with bag full of papers. Going to do ab work later.

Kerry don't get too hung up on dress size there's some weird stuff going on with sizes and I've lost 2 stone but only just squeezing into 14s and was only ever 16 before really (probably were very tight at my heaviest lol) sound like you're doing great.

Hope you're making time to enjoy the sun. Beach near me is packed, gutted I've got work to do! Xxx

Elz, you're so right about sizes. I've lost 2 stone and am in between sizes now. They are never reliable. I am almost in my 14s now, but my 16s are literally hanging off me. Need to go shopping really, but determined not to until I shift this all.

Just got back from my bike ride. Going to have a shake and watch TV - wedding cake programme on BBC2!

OMG my scales say I've put on 2 pounds but I haven't eaten anything to put 2 pounds on- apart from
Monday I had a buffet lunch but still counted calories. I've been eating just under 1600 each day this week. When I had those 2 pound losses I was 1400 but Rosemary Conley suggests not staying on that too long. How many cals are u guys eating. I'm hoping it's water retention but I didn't think I was due on yet :-( bad news for just before a weekend away I'm gonna be well paranoid now about everything I eat. I'm still in the 12s though so gotta hold onto something positive. Not even going to tell my partner as he always starts breaking down what I've eaten and it upsets me! I know he's trying to help but just not quite in the way I want. X

I feel the same this week Elz, got weigh in this morning and feel like i have put on and my house scales say I've put at least 2 lb on as well. But except for Sunday at the christening have stuck properly to plan. I think you do right not to tell him, men don't seem to understand and think they know how to 'fix it'. It'll probably come off next week, do you not thinks sometimes this happens? you do really well then put on but the next week it comes off again.

I did that 30 day shred yesterday, lol having difficulty walking down the stairs now, my legs are agony!! but my arms are ok. Will have to do it today again..... not looking forward to that!

Thanks for all you say about dress sizes, I'm pleased its not just me walking around in baggy clothes lol.

Try not to let it upset your weekend, you're doing fab anyway.

K xx

Hi Kerry thanks yes I guess sometimes it does, still a bit disheartening though! I have been quite stressed, like long term stressed, and that causes constipation which I think also had some effect. Hoping some time off will help. I have pretty much ditched the gym this week I need to get motivated as can't do DVD in my flat (2nd floor) as think the other people might get annoyed lol. Men don't get it - he's at his target weight with an active job it didn't take much. I've lost a bit more than him but it's slower much slower!
I wonder if 1600 is too many cals it's just that's what Rosemary Conley recommends for my weight x

SW doesn't count calories so I can't help with that, how long have you been doing the 1600 for? maybe you could drop down for a week or so just to challenge your body?

I put on 1 pound this week at WI, thought I would have but still gutted, didn't stay to group, just didn't feel like it, I know I should have for the motivation but while I was waiting to make my cup of coffee after being weighed I just wanted to leave. I blame the ladies who were taking their time making coffee before me, if I had been able to get mine straight away I would have been sitting down already, lol, I know thats just being silly.

Anyhoo, I went to argos and bought some weights, came home and did the housework and shred dvd, so hot, sweaty and tired now. I can imagine the racket of me doing the dvd if there was someone under my floorboards!

Nightshift tonight, yawn!

OH is really doing my head in as well at the minute, he's having a hard time at work and goes into silent brooding mood which really brings me down, grrrr!! and he's working good friday and easter monday when I'm off and off when I'm working sat and sun, so not much fun to be had for us. Will be able to spend some time up the allotment this weekend though which always feels good.

Hey ladies, not sure what's going on, as mine are showing a 2lb gain too. However, I would need to have eaten 7000 calories extra this week for that to have happened, so we all know really that it can't be fat.

I came off the injection recently and it's played havoc with my hormones. Yesterday for example I went for a run, a bike ride, did a core muscles 40 min exercise DVD and 30 day shred. I ate shakes, banana, soup and fish.

A good test for water retention is to press the bottom of your shin for 3 seconds. Then feel it afterwards and if there is an indentation that takes forever to go, you have water retention.
I have just bought some water tablets, so hopefully that will help.

Stay positive! We're all doing so well. On the calories that we are all on, we will not have gained.

Plus, when you exercise after not having done any for ages, water builds up around muscles to protect them.

thanks Liz, you are the voice of reason in our weight loss journey.

That 30 day shred is hard work mind! still having trouble going up and down the stairs with my quads screaming in pain lol. Have done all my measurements today and will do them after the 30 days too. Hopefully will show some good results.

You're doing stacks of exercise Liz, well done!

I'm on nightshift tonight, did contempplate bringing my little weights but then thought again and didn't.....

Hey Kerry, I'm giving 30 day shred a wide berth and same with Gunnar, but just for a week, to concentrate on cardio.
I'm just building too much muscle under the fat and so not losing any inches. Hopefully will see more movement doing this and then can do weights maybe just once or twice a week.
You sound like you're getting on really well! Hope you're enjoying it.

not sure if 'enjoying' is the right word, lol
however did get up 30 min early to shred before work so have got some commitment, think that has more to do with people saying after day 5 the aches will go so more motivated by that

must say my legs do feel a bit less sore today though.

have to go to Leeds on tuesday night for a 2 days course so am hoping I will be able to stay on track food wise, will take dvd and little dvd player so can continue it then.

That's really motivated girlies well done. I enjoyed my few nights away and ate what I fancied but back on the wagon today lol. I actually missed how I normally eat which I think is a good sign. Got a girlie night in tomorrow night which I'm worried about cos they do pizza and stuff and it's hard to resist! I was thinking gym during day and try to have salad for dinner then if I do have pizza at least I haven't had a massive dinner. I think it always helps if u think about it.....i find putting the plan into action is the hard bit lol xx

yep I agree about the planning bit. Am at work all day again today so not much risk for me, one of the girls has brought creme eggs in for us all today, so I will use that as my syns and flippin well enjoy it! It is easter after all.

Was up early again to shred, and lo and behold its true, my legs feel loadds better today. have also found a SW group on Tuesday morning which means I can get weighed and motivated before going to leeds for 2 nights on a course, so hopefully that'll keep me on the straight and narrow a bit.

OH is being a bit weird at the minute, not sure if its because I'm going away for a couple of days or that I'm so into my weight loss that he thinks I'm going to run away with someone when I'm skinnier. Or maybe its just pre wedding jitters for him, can't believe his luck that I want to marry him and be with him forever, or so he tells me lol.

Its getting to that 6 week point where things will start to be finialised. Need to go back to the venue to sort that out, dress should be arriving any day soon as well so fittings will have to start. Can't wait!

The RSVPs are a bit slow coming, I think I'll blame the bank hols for that though. And some numpty didn't put their name on the reply card so we don't know who its from, luckily there's only 13 invites for the day so by the process of elimination it'll be easy to sort that out.

Oh dear, what a silly person not putting their details!
Hope you get on okay at the girlie night Elz. Sounds like a good plan about eating less and doing the gym.

I am terribly hung over. Wasn't going to drink until my hen do, but we did last night. I was very ill :( still feel awful. Have actually lost weight because I was so sick. So that's one good thing to come out of it. OH is with family today and I was meant to go, but was too ill. Have ruined Easter!

I've eaten an easter egg dammit but I also enjoyed it. Rsvps are always slow. We went a bit invite happy and sent them out really early - well we got 4.5 months to go haha never mind. I'm so excited like a child! I'm so jealous mines not closer x

I'm jealous mine isn't further away in some ways, as more time to get this weight off. No loss this week, a STS.
Bit disappointed because I have done so much exercise this week and not gone over on calories, apart from my drunken night, but would have expected all the work beforehand to take care of that.

Liz you should check your inches as may have lost inches. The lady who does our pump class says when I start weights / new routine u put on pounds or stay same due to body adjusting. You're doing really well u know the score might lose extra amount next week. Keep up the good work I'm going to go back to kickstart on Rosemary Conley I think after my over indulgence - although my h2b ate half my egg saving me 265 cals lol xxxx

Aww bless him! The only time when it's safe for a man to take chocolate from a lady is when she's dieting lol.

You did well - think most people probably had something or other. My waist and hips are an inch down, so you're right. My arms and chest are a worry though, as don't seem to be shrinking at all!

Back