Getting married 11 June 2011

Awww not long now Liz! I'm tempted to buy the meals but quite enjoy cooking. Bought new RC mag this week and I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and leek cheese bake with 2 low fat sausages and veg. Was so lovely. If only I'd made it to the gym. I was in a really bad mood after work today it's so stressful! Hope all u brides to be are having a good day xxxx

Hey Elz, that sounds lovely. Didn't know she did a mag - will have to look out for it.
I haven't done cross trainer, but have managed to get up to 15 press ups and done lots of arm weights.
H2b just made me chicken with mushrooms and onions roasted in oven. Was lovely.
What do you do work wise? Know what you mean about stress, but today hasn't been too bad for me.

It's called diet and fitness her mag. I quite like it gives me new ideas. I'm a social worker work with teenagers. I'm a stress eater and it's also my excuse to not exercise. I'm so desperate to change careers but my h2b is starting out self employed so money's too tight to start re training etc! What do u do? Xxx

Watergirl said:
Hey Elz, that sounds lovely. Didn't know she did a mag - will have to look out for it.
I haven't done cross trainer, but have managed to get up to 15 press ups and done lots of arm weights.
H2b just made me chicken with mushrooms and onions roasted in oven. Was lovely.
What do you do work wise? Know what you mean about stress, but today hasn't been too bad for me.

Well done on exercise anything better than nothing, that's what I've done nothing lol x

I own a recruitment company. Only small - 2 of us, but the stress of having to earn to live is tough at times. h2b pays about £450 a month petrol, so I pay most of the bills.

Aww, I have plenty of days where I do nothing. Bet it is a tough job that you do. It's hard when you want to retrain. What would you like to be doing? I'd like to own an animal shelter!

Id like to be a full time mum! Second choice would be to manage something like a shop....I'm not really sure I know I'm a good social worker just don't like the stress and pressure. Want to do something completely different. Been a social worker since left uni so it's hard to think only done that and retail type jobs before! I'm sure it will all come together after the wedding....one thing at a time! Lol. I'm an all or nothing kinda girl x

everyone sounds so positive, yay!

we're going to be the slinkiest gorgeousest brides of all, good job we're not all doing 4 Weddings and in competition like that.

I'm a nurse practitioner so work long days and have to bring my breakfast, lunch and dinner with me which actually makes life easier. I was very organised and made a chicken casserole in the slow cooker but H2B forgot to turn it on when he left for work so that'll all be for the dogs when I get in, won't be fit for human consumption after being out all day. So will just have to have low fat supernoodles instead, makes today a green day rather than extra easy but thats ok.

Invites have all gone out now, there's an older couple live near us,l H2B knows them from when he was a kid, their daughter was meant to get married week after us but she was just diagnosed with breast cancer, so they've had to cancel, its awful, we've invited them to the night time do but it was quite difficult, didn't want to feel we were rubbing salt into the wound but they were really lovely, bless them all. You never know whats round the corner do you?

Wishing you all good health and skinniness.

K xx

When I have kids I'd like to be a full time Mum too!

Aww that's sad about your neighbours Kerry. Can't imagine it. I worry all the time about my loved ones. Am terrible for it. My Mum is a nurse!

I've been good today - got up at 6:30 and did an abs session and then weights for my arms. Just about to make some food for h2b - in return for him timing me as I start couch to 5k (C25K) tonight. I hate running, so not sure if it will be for me, but need to kick up my exercise routine. Just going to put dinner on, then do so more abs and weights. Might see if I can squeeze cross trainer in later if I'm not too tired.

Well it's a lovely plan!

I've done my run and am so unfit. I am so proud of myself for doing it though :) the 5 minute warmup brisk jog was the hardest bit. hoping it will get easier over time. I hate running, but mainly because it's hard for me because I'm too fat lol.

Liz you're not too fat to run! Well done on doing it. I'm going to the gym tomorrow first time in over a week. I've been really tired but did have a walk today at lunchtime. I am finding either the food part is great or the exercise bit is great but I'm not managing both at the same time. And I got my dress fitting in July which seems like ages but it's flying by already! xxx

Thanks hun :) good luck with the gym tomorrow and well done for going for a walk - I find it really hard when I'm tired. Yeah, July really isn't that far away.
My first fitting was about 3 weeks ago and I still needed to lose 5inches off everywhere. Going to be going again in about 4 weeks. Are you looking forward to it?

Yes I can't wait. The dress fitted perfectly when I tried it on so it's not a case of it doesn't fit but I'm worried I wouldn't have lost what I want to have lost. I'm having it altered anyway as train is far too long for my liking. I'm a bit of a worrier! X

I'm the same Elz, going to have my train shortened and maybe have a bolero made out of the material. My dress is due in at the end of April, so not long to wait, can't wait to try it on again with the new slimmer me.

That's what I'm looking forward to too! Just went back to they gym after nearly 2 weeks of not going.....was in changing room wanting to leave! Haha I did legs bums and tums and really glad I did. Lost another 2 pounds this week. Just over a stone to lose I'm really focused on the dress now! I got a weekend away coming up though and worried about ruining my good progress but I just gotta keep making good choices. Xxxx

Well done on getting back there Elz. It's easier after the first time. Well done on your loss as well - that's great news. You'll be there in no time at all!

Watergirl said:
Well done on getting back there Elz. It's easier after the first time. Well done on your loss as well - that's great news. You'll be there in no time at all!

Thanks I gotta do both that's my next target - diet and exercise. Booked boxercise Friday so I'm preparing for that. It feels like ive been dieting for ages, but it's because I plateau'd for so long (or maybe maintained as I was complacent) but this site has helped massively. How's your week gone? You're not far off either hun xxx

I plateaud for a while too - only losing about 4lb in three weeks, which is terrible on a very low cal diet. Things have started moving since starting the exercise regime and increasing calories.
Weigh on Monday and hoping that I will have lost a fair amount. I did increase when I started eating carbs again, but think have lost most of it and hopefully then some more. Only about 8 weeks till my wedding. 3 weeks till my hen!

Lol it's harder the closer u get to target I got just over a stone til I'm 11st and think I'll be fairly happy with that. I lost less than that at one point and when I started weights I gained a pound one week - apparently that's quite normal. I wish I was so close. What u doing for your hen do? Everything organised? X

Hen do is by the seaside in Norfolk, renting a house on the beach for me and 10 friends. BBQ the Friday night and then Greek meal Saturday. Can't wait, but really want to shift a stone before then and get to 12 stone.
Then will have 5 weeks to focus on losing another stone. Before the hen do I have taken 3 days off in between the bank hols, which means that I'll have over a week off and am going to exercise intensively!
Everything sorted for wedding pretty much - just need to send readings and cheque to registrar, guitarist and that's about it.
When is yours?

Back