Getting married 11 June 2011

Well done, nope 2 stone down nearly and I've lost only half inch from arms and little from legs. Haha yeah was actually grateful I easily could've eaten it all but would've felt sick and fat! Keep up the good work x

anoher 1.5 lb off, feeling good about it all really, got a couple of rocky days ahead, 2 day hotel stay and restaurant food so wish me luck. Will keep pushing the shred though while I'm away.

Well done Kerry! That's great.
I've got up with new energy and have done my cross trainer and Gunnar DVD. Am addicted to that DVD because the results that you see happen so quickly that it keeps you going. I cannot stop staring at my arms. So am back doing a meal replacement diet, but adding extra protein into it and doing resistance training.

Done loads of research online and although you don't lose as much weight resistance training and doing a low cal diet, as you do with cardio, you don't lose muscle and you do lose fat.
So that should change my shape. Am back panicking with dress fitting next Thursday!
Hope everyones having a good day so far.

my dress isn't even here yet to organise a fitting:(

That wounds reasonable what you researched Liz, and its the change in shape we're all after.

I need to find some exercise motivation but back on healthy eating today and feeling great! Awww Kerry when are u getting married? X

Hi girls,

sorry been awol, have been off on a course and didn't take laptop to update.

Diet has been fairly rubbish - lack of choice, usual excuses..... but have shredded both days :)

Good news on the dress front - it has arrived, have first fitting on Thurs 5th May - looking forward to it, and swatch of fabric arrived too so thats nice as well.

Hows it going for everyone else??

Going to a friends house for a barbecue for the royal wedding tomorrow, so likely copious alcohol and food, will try a red day and stay away from bread, pasta and potatoes, other than that nothing over weekend to jeopardise me.

Met up with an old friend on the course, haven't seen him for 2 years or so and he didn;t recognise me at first because of my weight loss which was a fab feeling :)

Awww well done you're doing well. I put on two pounds last week but lost one this week so only 1 pound more than I was.....I'm feeling good did legs bums tums yesterday. How are u finding shred? Is it mainly weights / cardio / both?

My dress fitting will be July then mid august I think.....it was off the peg as got engaged feb so was cutting it fine plus I found it in the sale!

I got a weeks conference in June am quite worried about what I'll end up eating, I'm not great at healthy choices when faced with lots of food - at home I buy pretty much just what I need and that is all so no extras for temptation.

Have a lovely weekend all x

the shred is a 20 min a day workout - 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs - 3 different sets. Seems to be working for me!

Kerry your fitting is same day as mine! I was told to lose another 5 inches last time, so be interesting to see how close I am to it fitting.

Margarino - Gunnar Peterson does a core workout DVD. It has 2 DVDS in it. One 45 min core workout and one 25 min full body workout. The core workout does a fair bit of arm work and mine have changed shape really quickly. Plus had no lower back pain since starting. It's really amazing and I love doing it.

Elz - maybe you would benefit from a site like weightlossresources and track everything that you eat.

Not been on much as OH lost his Grandad a couple of days ago, so we've been over with family. Then yesterday we went to Rutland Water. I thought it was 9 miles around the lake, so we took our bikes. It's actually a lot further. The total route is 22 miles if you do the peninsula, which we accidentally did as we got lost.
I actually hated every minute of it and was almost in tears. We were stuck though, would have taken longer to go back. There are no signs telling you how long it is, or how far you've gone or anything.
No muscle ache today, but have a massive bruise from my pelvic bone all the way around to the crack of my bum.
Think I need to get a new seat, but certainly won't be going that far again, as just not capable yet and it was really hilly.
Recouperating today on the sofa in front of the telly!

Are either of those DVDs ok if u live in a second floor flat? I struggle as don't want to jump around and upset neighbours x

Yeah Gunnar would be fine. The thing with Gunnar is that it focus on core muscles, so I'm losing inches off my waist and hips. When you're doing it, you kind of don't feel it's working. First time I thought it was a fun one to do, but probably not that effective...until I woke up the next day.

Well I'm fairly pleased with my weigh in - lost 3lb. Was showing a 4lb loss 3 days ago, so thought it would be more, but you know what bodies are like!

Takes me to 12 stone 8. Have just bought a slimming belt - need to pick up this morning from Argos.

Here it is in Amazon if anyone's interested. Good reviews Everlast Slimmer Belt: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

Right, hope everyone is well. Have a nice day today.

Well done Liz!!!!!!! I'm definitely going to give it ago, maybe alongside my gym classes which are mainly cardio. Sorry to hear about yourOH grandad. I'm using my fitness pal which I think is similar? I just go through bouts of unmotivation think it's hormones a little bit! And I'm hovering around 12st3 thinking can I really get down to 11st.....I just need to kick myself up the butt. Going to give some home workout a go too I definitely need to lose inches! X

well done Liz, 3lb is great!

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow night weigh in, star week and an evening weigh in when I usually go on a morning. Trying to reduce caffeine intake.

I'm thinking the same Elz, have kind of bottomed out at 12 st 6lb and fluctuating a bit around there, will I ever get below 12 stone, I'd be pleased enough with that really.

Feeling like the wedding stress is starting up again, going to have to organise hair and makeup trials and try and fit this boudoir photo shoot in somewhere. OH is always going on about money and have you been in touch with flower lady, cake lady etc arrrggghhh!

Still not long to go then we can enjoy the fruits of our labours.
Gunnar sounds like a good DVD, maybe give it a go when I'm shredded..... on level 2 of that and its really hard!

Wedding time approaching ladies, where are we at? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well, I'm shredding, sticking with the SW and have first dress fitting on Thurs yikes!

need to organise hair and makeup trials, chase up labels for favours, book mai/pedi for before big day

getting a bit stressed now tbh, here comes bridezilla lol!

Well done Kerry u can do it. I'm sure we both can......it's easy to forget how far you've come too. My wedding is quite far away still so bridezilla is mostly hiding for now! I've got my registry office meeting tomorrow which will give me a bang back to wedding reality haha. Im going to get back into my brilliant routine of the gym as the bank holidays have got in the way a bit!!! X

Hey ladies!

We're all hovering around the same sort of weight and trying to get to the same place. Sure we can do it!

Fittings tomorrow for us both! Are you excited Kerry? I'm am hoping that it will be a lot closer to fitting. Worked out that I've now lost 7 inches off my hips, 5 off my waist and 4 off my chest. Still have 5 inches to go on waist and not sure it's possible, but if they put a lace up back instead of zip it will help.

Good luck with registrar Elz.
I'm not too stressed at the mo, as pretty much everything is done now.
When will you be going for final fitting Kerry, do you know? I think mine will be 1 or 2 weeks before. My hen do is this weekend, so am aiming for a STS and will be happy with that.

Wow Liz thats amazing inch loss! Well done!

yes I am excited but a bit nervous too, everything is getting really real now, only weeks to go. Not sure when my final fitting will be, will probably discuss it tonight.

had a rubbish weigh in last night, 3.5 pounds on. Was gutted but stayed to group, most other peole had put on too so the C did the new member talk which was a good reminder and am back on track now. No events this week so should be a good one fingers crossed.

Elz how did your registrar meeting go? Ours was lovely when we had ours, very reassuring and made us feel like it was going to be so personal to us which is really important, I think sometimes thats a worry with a civil ceremony that it is too impersonal and quick, but we have readings by our friends and a 'hand ceremony' which brought a little tear to my eye the other day when I re read it.

Have you heard the new Barry Manilow song 'bring on tomorrow' I love it (sorry am a bit of a fanilow) and wanted it for first dance but OH just went 'its all right' which means he's not fussed on it so had a bit of a bridezilla moment lol.

So whats going on with you all??

Back