Getting married in May 2013?

Purpled said:
I actually got to target a few months back. Begn maintenance and then started losing. I'm unsure if it is health related and I should visit the GP! As I'm eating over 2500 calories per day but I do exercise a lot. So I'm currently trying to gain a bit of it back! As I'm tall i either look thin or its gets to that lanky stage. I hate looking lanky and love curves. So trying to gain.

But worried about the dress. I have been told I should order one by mid November for a May wedding. But I don't know what size I will be in May.

Do they re adjust it if you lose or gain weight? Any advice.

P.S....I love this dress (not me in the photo)

I had to order my dress on Saturday although had paid a small deposit in June they wanted half the money before they ordered dress and they said to get it in time for 18th may I had to order now! do you know what dress you want? (dress in pic is lovely). I think its easier for them to take in a dress rather than make it bigger but i'm no expert.:) see what your measurements are at moment and see what next size up is and maybe order that if you plan on gaining. More importantly go do docs and get checked out x

How's everyone doing? I've got bridesmaid dressed ordered and going to try veils and accessories with my dress tomorrow :)

I have to make a decision as to wether I am going to put my wedding back 2 months to july instead as we may be moving soon and if we do we could probably do with the extra time to sort stuff out, will probably leave it until december to decide as will have moved by then if we go ahead with it and will know more about our finances

Purpled, that dress is fab :) Have you talked to a gym instructor about your weight loss? It sounds strange if you are eating that many calories!
CH2b - have you decided on your date? It's a tough one....

I've put on a pound but did have a great bank holiday weekend. Only 55 sleeps until Christmas so I'm going to give it a real push now :)

Not yet, we wont be moving for a while now so it all depends on money as we still have to try sort out my ohs citizenship and its so expensive

Ladies its nearly our year!! All the best.xx

I also get married in May, 23/05/2013 in Mexico-my weight loss was going really well until I quit smoking in Nov and have successfully put on over a stone- taking me off target. So today was the start of back on slimming world, gym classes booked in for the next week, slimming world curry recipes ready for weekend and a monster walk with hubby to be (who is trying to put on weight for the wedding!)
Good luck to all brides to be on your special days x

I ordered my dress months ago off ebay from a chinese seller were you send measurements- the dress fitted like a sausage skin (i took off a few inches here and there planning for my weight loss). It started fitting just before I quit smoking, so starting all over again with the weight i lost last year. The dress however is stunning, and I'm so chuffed with it considering its made to measure I paid less than £200.

Good luck ashleigh, im glad you had a positive experience with buying a dress online as they can really be hit or miss x

I actually ordered 3- one from china, then 2 from uk sellers in the uk (brand new with tags)- the 2 from uk sellers I paid less than £60 each and both were beautiful and described perfectly (always ask for additional photographs from all angles, the 2 sellers i spoke to were happy to oblige with this), I have since got my money back on them by relisting the items. I wanted to be able to try my dress on in the comfort of my own home, not be in a shop all hot and bothered.

I ordered a zip up back also- didnt want to be tempted with a lace up dress- and to just have it looser. x

How are all you brides doing? I have 14 weeks to go!!!

Hey all, have just joined Minimins today :)

I have been dieting for a while now, but keep falling off the wagon :( getting married in Cyprus on 29th May and have just over a stone to loose...EEK...have my last dress fitting on 20th April, so this is my last date to loose the weight!!!

After doing SW, WW and Dukan I have decided to use MyFitnessPal and try and just eat less and healthy

xx

Hey all, have just joined Minimins today :)

I have been dieting for a while now, but keep falling off the wagon :( getting married in Cyprus on 29th May and have just over a stone to loose...EEK...have my last dress fitting on 20th April, so this is my last date to loose the weight!!!

After doing SW, WW and Dukan I have decided to use MyFitnessPal and try and just eat less and healthy

xx

Well done, I'm pretty similar, have just under a stone to go and getting married in Italy 31st may, I started with SW but am low carbing now.

I'm am absolutely cacking myself at the moment.

I too quit smoking in August and have steadily put the 10lbs I lost when I first booked wedding in 2011.

I bough my dress a size too small in Jan 2012 and have managed to get back to my pre-engagement weight. :(

I restarted SW in Jan and alongside the gym (& alli) I lost 10 lb again but didn't try too hard at the diet.

I haven't been to SW this week as my scales say 3lb heavier at home and I just am so angry at myself.

Dress fitting is 25th March and big day is 26th May.

I'm actually starting to lose sleep but can't seem to say no!!

Try not to stress yourself out too much, you have a few Weeks to get back in the zone and loose some lbs before you're dress fitting. As for the loosing sleep join the club I have now turned into bridezilla and not sleeping between stressing about wedding, work and weight loss :-( i'm trying to enjoy the run up to the wedding but finding it very difficult to relax and not worry!xx

I'm stressing too. I ordered my dress in a uk size 12 but I'm more a 14 and my dress is in next month. Wedding is 24 may. Also been told all wedding dresses come up small so to fit into uk size 12 I would really need to be a size 8/10.... I'm on a vlcd and just had keyhole surgery last week so can't exercise for another few weeks. I need to lose about 3" off chest and hips but the most off my waist about 8".... my dress is the ms kyra dress from maggie sottero.

I'm quite lucky, my last dress fitting showed I was the perfect size to fit so I know if I don't loose weight it will fit, but I'm determined to loose weight so it will have to be altered but means I don't have the worry and I'm just doing it at my own pace and I'm quite determine at the moment so its going well.

Back