Getting married in May 2013?

Hi skinnybride, I've had my head in the sand this last few weeks. Back on the diet wagon from today on. Had porridge and a banana so far. Thinking of trying a meal replacement diet like Celebrity Slim......

skinnybride2013 said:
I'm still not decided on my dress :-( as long as I have it ordered by August I'll be happy.

How's everyone else getting on?

Well everything with wedding is on track. Plan to give my measurements to the shop on the 17th so want to lose as much as poss.

How are your plans going? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi im a may 2013 bride too, 11th for me :) starting to wish i had started losing weight properly sooner but had alot of family stuff going on so kept putting it off, i lost 1st in 3 months calorie counting but it kind of took over and i started to hate counting so now im starting SW on Monday hopefully get more success, im also doing 30 days shred, cant fault it in any way lost 7 inchs and a dress size in just nine days before i stopped doing it so hopefully carry on right through this time, ideally would like to lose as much as possible before the wedding but aslong as i lose enough to feel comfortable i will be happy x

Hi girls, I'm an April 2013 bride to be and it's just 9 months away! Really need to stick to my diet and get my ass to the gym. I went crazy at the weekend, had a wedding, lots of lovely food and drink.... Not going out this weekend. under any circumstances!
Hope you guys are doing better than I am :)

Is that your dress in your pic? X

Hi CH2b, it is, can't wait to wear it :) Had to stomp my foot in the shop to order a size 12. I knew if I got the 14 I wouldn't feel the pressure while dieting. I'm a 12 in bust and hips but a 14 in the waist........

Have you ordered yours yet? It's so exciting isn't it :)

Im not even looking until about the end of octoberish when i feel a bit more comfortable after hopefully losing a decent amount lol your dress is stunning i wish i had a figure to pull a dress like that off, sadly i definately wont in time for my wedding, if ever lol but hopefully this is the start of the journey towards it :)

It is very exciting and very expensive, especially when your a one income only couple who is on part time wages lol but hopefully we will get there, i dont really care what my day is like aslong as i marry the man of my dreams :) how long have you been with ur h2b?

Hi Ch2B, we're together over 4 years. We have a little boy who is 2 this month, life has never been better :)

I put on a lot of weight when pregnant, at least 4 stone. I stopped weighing myself when the scales hit 15st so I'm not sure how much in total. I thought it would melt away when he was born, it didn't. To make things worse my sister got married when he was 5 months old and I was bridesmaid.... I got down to about 11 and a half stone for her wedding. It was tough going as I was breastfeeding so couldn't do an extreme diet and I was too tired / didn't have time for the gym.

You can have whatever dress you want and if you are determined then you WILL fit into it. I know it's easier for me as I'm over the worst of it and only have 23lb left to lose but I'm here whenever you want to chat :)

I'm going to lose mine now as I don't want to leave it too close to the wedding!! I've given up all my favourite things, take-aways, crisps, white bread, butter..... it's so hard but I just look at the dress in the photo... I had an ass on my back when I tried it on (in a 14) and there were bulges everywhere :-(

How long are you with your H2B? How did you know he was "the one"??

Aww thanks hun, the people on here are so supportive its great.

Ive been with my h2b for 7 years, we are getting married on our 8th anniversary :) tbh I knew he was the one before I met him face to face, we met on yahoo pool and talked for ages and I was too self conscious to meet him as I have been overweight since I was 13/14 so was used to people judging me and treating me differently and so it scared me that I had already fallen for him and I really convinced myself that he would change his mind when we met, he was the first one to say I love you before we had met, I think that was the point that I knew he was the one as he was so upfront about his feelings and said he would always love me no matter what, so then when we met it was perfect, like we had known each other forever, he lived 200 miles away and we only saw each other once a month and I always cried everytime I left or he left lol we have been living together for 2 years and hope to have children soon which is another reason im trying to get healthier.

I hope to get a nice dress for my budget, I know of a place close to me that does designer dresses from £150-400 probably ex samples or something :)

How did you know ur h2b was the one?

We met at work, same company, different office location. Like you we chatted a lot on line, just as friends at first, then it got a bit flirty and then we'd go for lunch when in the same office and it just progressed from there. We were about 50 miles away from each other, then he moved in with me after a year.
I think I always knew he was the one, he's my best friend AND I'm in love with him, how cool is that!!
He's going for pints tonight but I'm staying in to save money and calories :)

That's lovely that you're planning children, they are the best fun ever. I really want another two or three. I'll be 31 getting married so will start trying on honeymoon!!

I hope we meet back here in five years time giving our about our post-pregnancy weight...

Lol yea that would be funny, im only 23 atm so have plenty of time but I absolutely love kids I dote on my nieces big time people often think they are mine and I would love 4 altogether 2 of each but ive always said I want at least 1 boy and 2 girls as I love how most sisters grow up and stay best friends, someone to be there through everything :) although things with my sister aint really like that anymore since she would rather be more excited about my cousins third pregnancy than her sisters only wedding :/ lol

I believe a lot in everything happens for a reason and so I love hearing stories of how people get together especially since I only played pool on yahoo once and that was the day I met OH and never played since like as if id subconsciously gone there to find him and then didnt need to go back, its the same when people meet at work like you and your h2b you have both gone down a path to get there and connect at the end :) sounding like a loon now lol

I'd love to be 23 again, you lucky duck! Enjoy it. I'd travel more if I had it again (you'd swear I was 100)!!
Don't worry about your sister, I'm sure she'll come round closer to the time. Have you asked her to be a bridesmaid?

no im only having 2 flower girls as i cant afford anything else as we are paying for everything ourselves but tbh its much more than the wedding as i live further away from the rest of the family they always leave us out of everything then post on fb to brag about their great family days out etc.. and never do anything family orientated when we are there because they always seem to be skint when we are around, plus for my wedding they wont pay for accommodation they expect me to pay as we are getting married in manchester (and they all live in wales, i live in worcester), and clearly my happiness is not worth them paying £30 each to witness so i either have to pay it or them not come, the only one really interested is my mum who has offered to help me pay for everything as she feels bad that my dad always helps them out with money but never me so she feels like she has to fill that expectation and so im very grateful to her as i know i wouldnt be able to afford it otherwise especially with paying £300 for their accommodation aswell as the £35 per head for food, it really annoys my OH as his family is great they will pay for anything themselves they all live in newcastle and so have to travel near enough the same distance to be at the wedding and its no fuss for them, my OHs sister even said that if we need any help moneywise we wont go short which is so nice of her considering she is in the process of buying a house so cant really afford it herself, i just feel so ashamed of the way my family act most of the time! sorry for the rant lol

Rant away girl, that's what forums are for.

I'm Irish so things are a bit different here, we're paying for our own wedding but everyone in my family is giving pretty cool gifts.

If they told me they wanted me to pay for them to travel to the wedding I'd be very offended so I empathise with you.

You'll just have to decide if you really want them there. If you do then pay and put it to the back of your mind BUT if you think that having your family there will make you enjoy yourself less then tell them you aren't paying.

Have you had a heart to heart with your mum about it? What does she say about it? Mums usually have a good way of dealing with these things so maybe write down how you feel (so you have it straight) and call her for a chat???

My mum has offered to pay for most of my wedding as there is no way I can afford it alone as I spent most of my money on solicitors fees :/ but I dont think its really fair to her but im gunna let her since she wont take no for an answer and then after the wedding I will save up and send her on a nice holiday to make up for it

Its bound to cause more problems now as im asking my best friend to be my moh lol but not out of spite or anything just because shes been my best mate for 20 years and always makes an effort to keep our friendship going even when we live 90 miles apart

It's your day and you can have whoever you want, don't feel guilty about it.
As for your Mum, I know I'd pay for my sons wedding without a second thought - she wouldn't offer if she couldn't do it.

Ye I suppose, shes due a pay rise soon and will then take me to buy my dress :) I might say something to my sister first like ask her if she would be offended if I asked jennie to be my bridesmaid, maybe if I just call her a bridesmaid then she wont think nothing of it lol

Oh my gosh, the panic! I just stuffed my face for the last few weeks, had a massive Mc Donalds for lunch today. My phone just rang, it was the wedding dress shop, my dress has arrived :-o
It probably won't fit, I'm not going to try it on !!!

Back