Getting married in May 2013?

PinkLadee said:
Oh my gosh, the panic! I just stuffed my face for the last few weeks, had a massive Mc Donalds for lunch today. My phone just rang, it was the wedding dress shop, my dress has arrived :-o
It probably won't fit, I'm not going to try it on !!!

Don't panic, check your measurements and compare to when they measured you to order your dress...you might not have actually changed inches.

At least if you try it on you will know if you need to lose more weight for it and it will motivate you to do it x

Checked my measurements and got weighed in the gym today, 11st 4lb. Was hoping to be well under the 11st mark by now. I've only dropped 2lb since joining here in April!! Well I've lost more and put it back on if you know what I mean.
Anyway, it's my waist that's the problem, it's 31" and needs to be 29.5" so had a chat with the gym instructor today and got some tips. Will try dress on in a few weeks when the measuring tape says 29.5". I'd be so devastated if I tried it now and it didn't zip up....

if all else fails 30 day shred is great x

Mines a bit like a yoyo atm up and down lol

Hi ladies i'm going to view wedding cars tonight thenI just need to get my invitations and table plan sorted!! As for my weight I have done well so far only 10 lbs from target, hopefully get there for Christmas.:)

Hi everyone, I put my panic aside until after my birthday (last Tuesday) had night out, chinese, wine and lots of cake.

Have booked fitting for October 6th so just 2.5 weeks away. I'm aiming to lose a nice safe 5lb between now and then. The dress may not fit even at that but won't be far off :)

I just bought my shoes :) they fit whatever you weigh lol.

lol so true, gunna look for some shoes in manchester next week although shouldnt really buy them before dress lol

Hi!!!

I'm getting married in May 2013!! Been engaged nearly 3 months!! Venue booked! That includes wedding/meal/evening party2/decoration/chair covers EVERYTHING!!! So feel pretty organised.
Even sorted bridesmaid dresses and photographer. Went to wedding fair today and yikes and now I am panicking. Feels like there is so much more to do!!

Next job is get cake sorted or booked in. I drew a picture (I'm sad) and took it with me today. And got 4 companies to give me a price. Prices ranged from £250 to £800 eeek!!!

Need to sort dress (which I'm dreading) I'm way past my goal weight but I still don't feel beautiful.

How are everyone's plans?

What are your wedding budgets!!! We just keep spending and have not totted it up yet. Luckily the money is there for us to spend but I think we may have to sit down and work it out and budget how much more we want to spend.

Obviously I overspent on the honeymoon but I'm just a sucker for nice holidays.

My budget is only 2000 really, just having an intimate close family and friends only, not having a party as we are not a dancing family so it would be pointless and the dancefloor would be empty all night, just having an evening meal and drinks in a hotel private room, booked everything just have to sort invites

Hi girls, my dress fitting is tomorrow - I'm so worried about that zip!
According to the scales in the gym I've lost 2lb but at home it says 4lb, then again that's in the nip first thing in the morning :)
I measured my waist and it says 30" so big fingers crossed for me.

My budget is quite big, about €30k including honeymoon. I've a massive family and going all out for wedding but we're in our 30's so that makes a difference, couldn't afford this in my 20s. Plus I'm Irish and the "done thing" is to have a huge wedding, I'll be paying the loan off for years!

Good luck with the dress!!

I'm gonna go for my first look tomorrow! Get an idea of price!

Our wedding is being funded by parents, they have each offered 5k which is very lucky. I know most people don't get 10k thrown at them by their parents. But it really does help. So the wedding will cost around that. We booked our honeymoon ourselves and have paid for it! So excited to buy a dress!!

YES!! Good luck! :):) i have 3 stone to lose and starting slin and save in december. xx

Hi girls, THE ZIP WENT UP!!!
I could hardly believe it :) Size 12 wedding dress, when I first picked it the 14 wouldn't zip up fully on me - delighted with life!
Still have a bit to go to have slim arms and no back fat but still, delighted.

Oh, weighed myself this morning and I'm under the 11st mark on my scales so I've lost at least half a stone. I'm going by the scales in the gym for my tracker so won't update until I'm next weighed in there :)

Congratulations! You must be so pleased! How long till your wedding?

Thanks girls, it's 6 months away. I've got Christmas and a holiday in between and I remember from friends getting married that there are loads of nights out and family meals before a wedding so I want to lose the weight now. Then I can sit back and enjoy the run up to my wedding without worrying about every mouthful :)

How are you guys getting on? It's tough being on a diet isn't it! Organising the wedding is much easier than staying away from the crisps :)

I actually got to target a few months back. Begn maintenance and then started losing. I'm unsure if it is health related and I should visit the GP! As I'm eating over 2500 calories per day but I do exercise a lot. So I'm currently trying to gain a bit of it back! As I'm tall i either look thin or its gets to that lanky stage. I hate looking lanky and love curves. So trying to gain.

But worried about the dress. I have been told I should order one by mid November for a May wedding. But I don't know what size I will be in May.

Do they re adjust it if you lose or gain weight? Any advice.

P.S....I love this dress (not me in the photo)

Attachments

• image-1971956180.jpg
    image-1971956180.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1011111467.jpg
    image-1011111467.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1965426735.jpg
    image-1965426735.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 64
Back