Getting out of my Pickle!

Hi. Came across your diary after seeing you on another thread i just wanted to say that i can't believe how amazingly you have done in such a short amount of time, you should feel fabulous. Your weekly losses are amazing and you and your family must be so proud of u.

I look forward to keeping popping by and seeing how your doing :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Pickle,

You are doing amazing and your losses are brilliant! Just wondered what sort of things you have for dinners? :)

Thanks ladies :)

Jade, I cook for a family and we all eat the same thing for dinner. I just have lots more veg than everyone else. I have chicken a few times a week which I either marinade in lime juice and chillies or cook in one of the Maggi So Juicy bags. With that, I have heaps of onions, mushrooms, peppers and broccoli. Today I am making a chicken, bacon and leek potato topped pie which I'll have with green beans, broccoli and carrots :)

Just got back from the gym, and I'm going swimming at lunchtime. I've also decided I really need to stop smoking because I am starting to feel breathless. I'm concerned about it affecting my weight loss though :/

Have a super fabulous day, people :)

Thank you ladies :)

I usually go to the gym and swimming three times a week but, this week, I've only been swimming twice and to the gym once. I've done no exercise at all since Wednesday as I've done something to my back. I hope that doesn't affect my loss too much on Tuesday.
In other news, I am currently wearing a size 20 top. It's a generous 20, sure, but a 20 nonetheless. Oh, and a denim skirt. Get me!

Hope you are all having a fabulous week :)

Love reading about your journey, hope you dont mind if i follow :eek:) Fab work Pickle!! xx

Howdy all :)

Week 12 WI today, and 3.5lbs down. I also got SOTW and my 3.5 stone sticker :)
There are 16 days left of my 100 day challenge, and in that time there has only been one little slip on day 67 in the shape of peanut butter on toast. I think that's acceptable! Onwards and downwards!
Hope you are all well X

Pickle ur weight losses are great! I'm on week six and only 9lb down... What you Do EE?? U should do a food diary, I'd defo follow it lol x

Hi :)

Yep I do EE. I usually half 1/2 superfree instead of 1/3 (I like veg/salad so I prefer it that way). I average 10 syns a day and don't really eat between meals (other than the odd apple after swimming.) I will start adding a food list to my posts in here :)

Today -

Breakfast: 2 x Hifi Light (Hex B) with an apple (was at WI)

Lunch - Cucumber, spring onions, lettuce, jalapeno peppers and ham
Activia 0% Fat Cherry Yogurt

Dinner - Chicken breast wrapped in bacon (fat removed) stuffed with 60g LowLow Mature Spread (Hex A), served with green beans, carrots, grilled mushrooms and peppers.

Syns - Coconut Options : 1.5
Curly Wurly : 6

Total syns - 7.5

Yeh ur right... 9lb is a good start just want more lol! Im Going to up my superfree and increase exercise... Hoping for 2lb on my next WI :) x

Tried my first Red day yesterday and for some reason my body was craving everything !!! Ended up half 2x multibags packets of crisps (30g bags i think) about 10 ginger/fruit biscuits and some cereal!!! Maybe a withdrawal from having soo many carbs who knows but thats my first blow out since i started and to be fair it wasnt that bad at all! Normally it would be loads more!!
xxx

Well done for stopping there! That's half the battle! Now, if you get straight back on track, it should make no difference whatsoever.

I'm on day 2 of the Scan Bran challenge. Yuck! X

What's the scan bran challenge?

Eating Scan Bran (x5) for your HexB for 1 week. They are not great! Yesterday I made marmite & cheese scan bran muffins (vile) and had to force them down. Today I bit the bullet (literally) and just had them topped with LowLow Spread and ham. Really looking forward to tomorrow..

I still have a lot to learn about emotional eating. It's been a tense weekend here, with one thing and another, and all I wanted to do was eat crap. Realistically, I know that food has never solved a problem, but the momentary comfort that comes from a binge is something I have grown up with. My mother was a serial dieter throughout my childhood and put me on my first diet when I was 7 years old. Of course, to counteract this, my grandmother fed me up all the more. I grew up around two very influential women who took very opposing views on food. My mother was all about the All-Bran (except when she was upset about something and then we all had chocolate...) and my grandmother showed her love by buying me sweets, cakes, ice-cream etc. Neither of them were wholly wrong, or right, but it is definitely something that has contributed to my dysfunctional relationship with food.
I am trying desperately not to resort to old habits, but when feeling overwhelmed by emotion; I don't know how else to handle it. I'm hoping gym and swimming today will take my mind off eating and enable me to stay on track!

Back