Getting out of my Pickle!

Another 2lb today. That's 3st 10lbs gone forever! According to the progress tracker on SW, I am due to hit target on April 2nd 2013. That'd be rather nice :)

Pickle81 said:
Another 2lb today. That's 3st 10lbs gone forever! According to the progress tracker on SW, I am due to hit target on April 2nd 2013. That'd be rather nice :)

Your doing so well pickle. Glad your posting your food diary, it's good to get ideas for my meals :) x

-3lb today. 1 more lb to go for the 4 stone award.
It's a beautiful day and I'm wearing a pair of size 20 3/4's
Alrighty, then!!

you are doing soo well! I seem to have such a slow weight loss and im on the week after my star week so craving everything! Shamed to say, ive succombed to the tempations and have now moved my WI day to Thursday so hopefully i wont show myself up and cry with a gain! xxxx

Aww brilliant :) x

Good morning, all!

I haven't written an update for ages so I'm taking the rare quiet opportunity (gotta love school holidays) to do so. My loss this week was 2.5lbs giving me my 4st award! I was thrilled beyond belief.. because I didn't really deserve it. I had a bad day on Saturday (Ben & Jerry's, chocolate, doritos) and spent Sun-Tues in despair worrying about the scales. At one point I was crying to my OH about what a big, fat failure I am. Ridiculous, really. Anyway, it really wasn't worth the mental torment!
Fast forward to yesterday and, being the silly girl I am, I went over syns again. I am in a weird mindset at the moment, I'm in a lot of pain with ovarian cysts/endometriosis flare-up and, mostly, I'm just losing my way. I'm scared that I haven't learned anything, and that I will end up gaining (which will throw me completely).
Common sense tells me that if I re-focus RIGHT NOW then I have nothing to worry about come Tuesday. I have put myself under so much pressure, and am something of the 'dieting messiah' amongst family and friends, and I feel like I can't say "Im struggling at the moment" because people have put so much faith in me. I don't know.. Any words of wisdom would be ever-so gratefully received!
Hope you are all well xx

Pickle81 said:
Good morning, all!

I haven't written an update for ages so I'm taking the rare quiet opportunity (gotta love school holidays) to do so. My loss this week was 2.5lbs giving me my 4st award! I was thrilled beyond belief.. because I didn't really deserve it. I had a bad day on Saturday (Ben & Jerry's, chocolate, doritos) and spent Sun-Tues in despair worrying about the scales. At one point I was crying to my OH about what a big, fat failure I am. Ridiculous, really. Anyway, it really wasn't worth the mental torment!
Fast forward to yesterday and, being the silly girl I am, I went over syns again. I am in a weird mindset at the moment, I'm in a lot of pain with ovarian cysts/endometriosis flare-up and, mostly, I'm just losing my way. I'm scared that I haven't learned anything, and that I will end up gaining (which will throw me completely).
Common sense tells me that if I re-focus RIGHT NOW then I have nothing to worry about come Tuesday. I have put myself under so much pressure, and am something of the 'dieting messiah' amongst family and friends, and I feel like I can't say "Im struggling at the moment" because people have put so much faith in me. I don't know.. Any words of wisdom would be ever-so gratefully received!
Hope you are all well xx

First of all well done on your loss that fab and well done on your new shiny wow :) x

Sorry if what im gunna say is a little obvious but It sounds to me like your emotional eating as your feeling poorly and I presume your hormones must also be all over the place with the illnesses u have. Put on top of that you thinking your a failure and that you havent learnt anything etc because your eating off plan and again emotionally your all over the shop. So u eat to help cope with that which just makes u feel even worse! It sounds like youve got yourself into a vicious cycle over the last week and the only way that is going to change is by you making a change somewhere within that cycle if that makes sense? All it will take is for u to not eat off plan that once when u feel u want to and u will begin to get that control back from there your confidence in the plans and yourself will grow again. As u said you feel you are under pressure because other people are making u feel that you are the come to person for SW etc, which u may be when your feeling emotionally strong enough to be, the only way u can feel under pressure from anybody is if u let people make u feel under pressure! Take a step back from that maybe write down how u are feeling if u can't talk to somebody altho it sounds like your OH is supportive? All u need is for somebody to listen! Remember your doing this for u, you aren't letting anybody else down and need to put yourself first. Maybe go back to basics if u feel you've lost your way and read back through your book it really can help.

I hope this has helped and that I haven't said anything out of line. You've done fantastically and you aren't going backwards its a little blip on a long road. you can and will get back to that brilliant mind frame you have been in :) *hugs* x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you so much. Everything you have said is absolutely spot on. My OH is generally supportive although I did just try and talk to him about how I am feeling and he has just said the most ridiculous thing - he couldn't have said anything worse! My mum has phoned to say she has been baking and is sending cakes down later, this usually wouldn't bother me but I could do without it today. Anyway, despite wanting to inhale said cake, I am determined to overcome my slump without feeding it. X

Good morning,

My absence over the last week is very telling!
After mum delivered the above mentioned cake, I totally lost the plot for 2/3 days. I managed to pull back in the last couple of days before weighing and only gained half a pound. To be honest, after all I'd eaten, I was okay with that. I thought it might act as a bit of a kick up the bum, actually.
Well, that was Tuesday. On Wednesday my teenagers went to stay with their biological sperm donor for a week (that's a whole other story) and I had a bad day that day. Thursday was fine, and Friday was fine until about 7pm when my OH and I decided to order indian. I then made the decision that, instead of beating myself up, I'd enjoy the rare quiet weekend we had together and get back on track on Monday. I know, everyone says they'll start Monday..
We had a lovely weekend and lots of yummy treats and I have already booked a SW holiday for Tuesday because I couldn't deal with 2 gains on the trot. So, today is day 1 again and I'm feeling more like my old, enthusiastic self. Maybe my 4st blip needed to happen for me to realise how important this actually is to me. I'm hereby promising to be 100% until I weigh next Tuesday. I know I can do it, I did 68 days in a row!
Hope you are all well :)

Hello :)
Day 3 of my new-found enthusiasm and feeling fabulous! I've just made the Spanish Chicken from the Hairy Dieters cookbook and it was yummy. Hope you're all well :)

Morning :)

Weigh Day tomorrow, eeks! I've been super good, so I hope I have managed to undo any damage done last weekend, and a loss would be good, too! Really need to get out of the 18s. I was looking at my weight record yesterday and I realised that every other stone bracket I have come out of in 4 weigh-ins maximum.. I've been hanging around in the 18s for 6 weeks now. Enough already!
Shall report back tomorrow.

It's been a rough few weeks, emotionally speaking, and I had a 4lb gain last week. I've really knuckled down this week and I'm hoping that the scales reflect that tomorrow!

I knew this month was going to be tough for me, I just didn't realise quite HOW tough; my baby would have been due on Sept 21st and my friend (who found out she was pregnant around the same time as me) has just had the most beautiful baby boy. I'm so happy for her but, at the same time, I feel utterly robbed of my own child. OH and I have discussed trying again (initially we agreed not to: 2 losses in 18 months was just devastating) and have agreed that once I hit 13st I can have my coil removed and we can give it one more try. I'm quitting smoking on Oct 1st (Stoptober) and upping my gym sessions. I really need to do this, as quickly as humanly possible.
Hope you have all had a good week. I'll let you know the WI verdict tomorrow X

Pickle81 said:
It's been a rough few weeks, emotionally speaking, and I had a 4lb gain last week. I've really knuckled down this week and I'm hoping that the scales reflect that tomorrow!

I knew this month was going to be tough for me, I just didn't realise quite HOW tough; my baby would have been due on Sept 21st and my friend (who found out she was pregnant around the same time as me) has just had the most beautiful baby boy. I'm so happy for her but, at the same time, I feel utterly robbed of my own child. OH and I have discussed trying again (initially we agreed not to: 2 losses in 18 months was just devastating) and have agreed that once I hit 13st I can have my coil removed and we can give it one more try. I'm quitting smoking on Oct 1st (Stoptober) and upping my gym sessions. I really need to do this, as quickly as humanly possible.
Hope you have all had a good week. I'll let you know the WI verdict tomorrow X

You poor thing no wonder you've been all over the place emotionally with that going on can't imagine how hard that has all been for you. All I can say is that I send my thoughts to you and a big hug :)

Your plans sounds good though and I'm sure, ino i know you can get back on track and You will get the weight loss you deserve tomorrow x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you hun xx
I lost 7lb this week so definitely back on track! Just need 5 minutes spare to update sig/statistics!

Sent from my iPhone

I haven't been around for a couple of weeks so here's a quick update -

Last week I gained 3.5lbs because, mostly, I ate like a pig!

This week I lost 8.5lbs, finally got my 5 stone award, and I'm thrilled! Time to crack on.. I want to be at 7st+ overall loss by Christmas :D

Back