Getting over binging and weight loss plan

floss

Hi everyone,

Im new here. I struggle daily with binging and for the past 10 years have been on and off diets, getting more extreme everytime. Iv had periods of starvation, followed by extreme weight gain/loss etc. Im tired of living for food. This plan is both for weight loss and to conquer my binging. Id love your opinions on my plan.

Breakfast
Porridge with soya milk
Cup of tea

Snack
Apple, cup of tea

Lunch
Wholemeal pitta, tuna, low fat salad cream, lettuce
Melon, grapes

Snack
Banana

Dinner
Fish with veggies, low fat salad cream (small dollop!) ww yogurt

I agree... it does look great. :) The only thing I will say is this... If you are anything like me... Don't deprieve yourself of something that you really want. Just have it in moderation. If I deprive myself of something then I only end up binging on it later.

Like for example... last night I REALLY wanted some chocolate but instead of gorging on a big Dairy milk (like I used to, ) I had a cup of Hot chocolate instead. Still get the sweet taste with less Calories. :)

I totally agree put maybe a skinny cow icream in there something yum so u feel satisfied but not deprived or a freddo or something there is nothing wrong with these food when eaten in moderation it's when we cut them out we r most likely to binge. Options hot chocolate n highlights hot chocolate drinks are really low in cals and they r a yummy sweet treat. How muvh do u want to lose?

Thankyou so much for your replies. Now iv realised I have a problem with binging its like a huge weight has been lifted! i just thought I was weak and a complete failure! Today has been tough but havnt eaten off plan so far so all okay.

Sunnyrae I want to lose 30 pounds.

:D

floss said:
Thankyou so much for your replies. Now iv realised I have a problem with binging its like a huge weight has been lifted! i just thought I was weak and a complete failure! Today has been tough but havnt eaten off plan so far so all okay.

Sunnyrae I want to lose 30 pounds.

:D

I think you would be surprised just how many of us women do struggle with it, but its great just to be aware of it. Start looking out for triggers and then u will be able to understand it better yourself and how to avoid triggers

Last edited:
Are you using my fitness pal? It's a great online and on phone app (and it syncs between the two) and once you get started it's so easy to track your food. It's not just rough estimates, it's the exact one for that specific brand etc, I think it's great.

You should work out how many calories you'll have a day, you'll probably find that there's more room for error than you think. If you enter everything into MFP it should tell you how much you should be eating to shed those pounds.

Good luck! :)
A fellow binge eater :)

Thanks everyone :)

Iv literally been in shock this afternoon, I ate breakfast, lunch and two snacks and I cant believe how much energy I have and how clear my head is. I cant remember the last time I ate a balanced, healthy breakfast and lunch and I have never felt this energised and not dizzy/headachey! I feel so stupid! I guess there's a reason people eat breakkie AND lunch!:p

I must admit that this evening im struggling a lot, Im not sure if I will be able to control it tonight. But I am so proud of what i'v achieved today, it's silly but it's like a revelation! It may take a few tries but i really feel like im on the road to getting my binging under control and losing weight.

I find the evenings bad, but I buy myself healthier options of what I love.. low cal chocolate mouse instead of cake/full fat one, freddos instead of giant bars of chocolate, sorbet instead of ice cream, ice lollys..

Keep strong, make the right choices tonight and you'll feel so motivated tomorrow. How many calories do you have left? :)

I have been the opposite of strong i'm afraid! But I refuse to feel guilty about it. Thats in the past. Iv made huge progress for me today and rome wasnt built in a day! Tomorrow will be even better. :)

Well done for making a really positive start!!! Like the girls said..... Binge eating is surprisingly and shockingly common but it's still a bit taboo to talk about it :( its a difficult cycle to break so go at it with your eyes open!! I found keeping a diary really really invaluable. Write about what's making you want to eat, what you did or didn't do thats helped, and if you have a slip up ....what you could do next time to stop yourself. Then when you feel the urge and all the bad feelings come back.....get in your diary and reread all those things!!!

And MOST importantly remember that sometimes we fall off the wagon. The really important thing isn't what you ate .... It's how fast you dust yourself off and get back on track!!!!

Legomom said:
Well done for making a really positive start!!! Like the girls said..... Binge eating is surprisingly and shockingly common but it's still a bit taboo to talk about it :( its a difficult cycle to break so go at it with your eyes open!! I found keeping a diary really really invaluable. Write about what's making you want to eat, what you did or didn't do thats helped, and if you have a slip up ....what you could do next time to stop yourself. Then when you feel the urge and all the bad feelings come back.....get in your diary and reread all those things!!!

And MOST importantly remember that sometimes we fall off the wagon. The really important thing isn't what you ate .... It's how fast you dust yourself off and get back on track!!!!

That is all so true!!! Makes me feel more normal to know theres so many the same

I could binge everyday on sweets! keep up the good work, I love reading these posts. I am new and it is so encouraging!

Okay lovelies, Iv officially binged very badly and I must say, I feel pretty damn awful about it now. I feel all my hard work this week and today especially is a waste and im just completely stupid.

*sigh* my positivity and belief is dying :cry:

don't let it! get a good night's rest and get some exercise in first thing in the AM if you can! you will be just fine :)

Morning everyone. This past week has been a rollercoaster for me, but today Is the start or something new yay! My brain is doubting my strength to not binge again today but I don't see why that would need to happen :p

A new day, the past is over, the future is but a vision, all we have is now.

Remember the horrible feeling u get afterwards and that u deserve to look after yourself and not have to feel that ever again yes we all slip up but dont feel defeated because every day is a new day! X

Hey hun, thank you for putting this post. I have been the exact same with binging...i have been feeling really down and went to see a Dr on Wednesday, while talking to her how I felt I blerted out that when I binge I just feel like I am punishing myself. It really shocked me that I said it and its been making me think about what I do. I have been feeling really naff this morning and although wanted to start positive I have already eaten frosties (I have a toddler and her's looked nice)! Toast, banana and kellogs snack bites....its not even 10.30 yet!! I am ashamed to say what I ate last night sweets, doughnuts, crips...dont think I actually tasted the food I just ate :cry:

I was looking for inspiration to get my head and diet sorted and saw your post, i feel a lot better and will try the foods you put down. Thank you for posting :)

It sounds silly, but im shocked that im not alone in this. Today has been stressful from waking up and I feel so much like I need to binge. I know logically why this happens but I find when i feel this way I just assume im going to fail at some point in the day. I just have no belief in myself at all! Once I get home from work at 6.30, I have no idea what happens...I just lose all control. I dont expect myself to stay strong and make the right choices and because of that I dont.

I have an excuse everyday. Any thoughts on how to get over this?

Try planning out your day in advance. Write down everything you're going to eat (mfp is ideal for that) and don't buy anything other than what's on the list. Set yourself a large target to start with, say 2000 calories and make sure you write in big meals, pasta bakes etc. If you eat a big proper meal you might binge less. I know for me I binge on snacks, crisps, choc etc. Small things that add up to big calories. I couldn't binge on 3 big plates of pasta.

Also remember: if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not really hungry. Ideally ( though it's def not true for me) we'd eat when hungry and not otherwise.

Back