getting ready to start LL

Yorkiegirl

is happy being Yorkiegirl
I am starting LL in January, so I am thinking it would be a good idea to get into the habit of drinking 4 litres of water/tea/coffee a day now.
Do you think this would be a good thing to do? I know I'm not good at drinking enough so maybe if I start with this now I am giving myself a good start.

I think its a good idea just for the health benefits alone. It really does flush the system out and after a few weeks you will see and feel a difference in your skin.

I don't know as I'm not qualified to say but why don't you increase to say two litres a day and then on to four when you start? Food apparently carries 70% of the water we need which is why they increase to the 4 litres when you cut out conventional food.

Everyone should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, whether they're dieting or not - so that's about 2 litres (I think).

Personally, I think that drinking more than that can only be good for you, as it will be great for your skin, aid your digestion and fill you up so you don't want to eat as much as you normally would. Just don't drink so much that you can't eat enough food to give you your daily nutritional requirements (about 1500 cals - if I recall my CD training correctly.

Also - it will really help your preparations if you can decrease your carb intake - not drastically just yet - but just enough so that you'll slide into ketosis more easily when you start in January.

Best of luck, sweetie!

Back