Getting Somewhere Slowly!!!!

Thank you. I am trying hard and hoping to get there by end of September.
Have you joined the Christmas Challenge?. It might be a good idea as we all can encourage and support each other.
@Mini suggested it too, had joined in the past. But realised when I set goals or milestones for myself, I inevitably never reach them and then that brings a feeling of deflation and failure. I will wait and see how I do over the next while and might consider when I am feeling a bit more confident and in control, but thank you!!!

@Mini suggested it too, had joined in the past. But realised when I set goals or milestones for myself, I inevitably never reach them and then that brings a feeling of deflation and failure. I will wait and see how I do over the next while and might consider when I am feeling a bit more confident and in control, but thank you!!!
I know how you feel and when I joined here I didn’t join any challenges to start with. But one thing I have found helpful is to set myself mini goals to help breakdown the overwhelming amount of weight I need to lose. So my first goals were to lose 7lbs, then to lose 5% of my starting weight and so on. The difference with the challenges is that there was no time linked with the challenges (that was deliberate on my part) it was more so I could tick them off and feel a sense of achievement. You could either share these in your diary or keep them to yourself.

I know how you feel and when I joined here I didn’t join any challenges to start with. But one thing I have found helpful is to set myself mini goals to help breakdown the overwhelming amount of weight I need to lose. So my first goals were to lose 7lbs, then to lose 5% of my starting weight and so on. The difference with the challenges is that there was no time linked with the challenges (that was deliberate on my part) it was more so I could tick them off and feel a sense of achievement. You could either share these in your diary or keep them to yourself.
I did that the last time, a stone by November (had an event) just about managed that one, but took 2 months to do) then get below the next stone, then get BMI below 30, managed to get it 29.9 for about a week lol). I am going to set a few aims, but not putting a time on them, think that was my downfall, the time constraints to achieve something. Trying to forget numbers, I am hoping this will make me chill a bit more and not get obsessed like last time, enjoy the journey and appreciate it instead of constantly thinking about the destination. I am just appreciating that I am making changes, and moving away from the binge/emotional eating and being part of something again. It is giving me a routine, which I have not had in months, it is great to be eating a bit healthier again and seeing the light, after a long period of darkness.
I feel excited and inspired again, not felt that way in a long time, taking each day as it comes and feeling a sense of control and empowerment. Will take this renewed motivation for now and deal with any hurdles as they come.

Saturday 29th August

Breakfast
2 slices of WM bread (B)
Bacon fat removed done in fry light. With Lettuce/Tom/Cue (S) and 30g cheddar (A)
Tea with Milk (A)

Lunch
Tinned Salmon done with tbs of Light Mayo (2 syns) and spring onions
with Lettuce/tom/cue and beetrroot (S) drizzle of Fat free Vingerette.

Dinner
Chicken Curry (4 syns for the sauce) added onions, red and yellow peppers (S)
Fine Noodles

Snacks
Apple and Plum

Did not have as much water as should have as was out most of day and did not want to use a public loo!!

4/5 glasses of water.

Total syns 6

Attachments

• BLT .jpg
    BLT .jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • salmon salad.jpg
    salmon salad.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • chicken noodles.jpg
    chicken noodles.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sunday 30th August.

Breakfast
Sliced melon and a plum
Tea with Milk (A)

Lunch
3 egg omelette, with ham, spring onions (s) and red peppers (s)
Snack 2 chicken legs, all fat removed.

Dinner
Potatoes (f) gammon (f) and steamed cabbage (s)

Tried a gluten free, diary free, bar Nakd Cocoa Orange (7 syns)!!!!! Not worth it, not as healthy as they say and was not even that nice. Someone gave me a pile of bars to taste but will not be eating any more of those particular ones.
8 glasses of water so far.

Total syns 7

Attachments

• melon slices.jpg
    melon slices.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200830_170031.jpg
    20200830_170031.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • cabbage and ham.jpg
    cabbage and ham.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • nakd bar..jpg
    nakd bar..jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
Monday 31st August
Breakfast
2 slices WM toast (B)
Tinned spaghetti (2 syns)
Melon slices (S)
Tea with Milk (a)

Lunch
Half of tinned salmon mixed with 1 tbsp on Light Mayo (2 syns) tomatoes (s) spring onions (s)
Salad of lettuce/tom/cue/red and yellow pepper and beetroot (s) Tbs of dressing (f)

Dinner
Had planned rest of last nights dinner but had to go out unexpectedly so technically for dinner had half an apple and a plum.

1030 pm just got home, for quick and convenience and was ravenous at this point had:

2 slices of wholemeal toast (really did not want any more bread, as have been making a conscious to reduce it) (5 syns) with sardines in tomato sauce (f)

A few LC cheese triangles (Hex A)

6 - 8 glasses of water.
Total 9 syns
Only managed to get a photo of lunch.
salmon salad (1).jpg
salmon salad (1).jpg

Monday 31st August
Breakfast
2 slices WM toast (B)
Tinned spaghetti (2 syns)
Melon slices (S)
Tea with Milk (a)

Lunch
Half of tinned salmon mixed with 1 tbsp on Light Mayo (2 syns) tomatoes (s) spring onions (s)
Salad of lettuce/tom/cue/red and yellow pepper and beetroot (s) Tbs of dressing (f)

Dinner
Had planned rest of last nights dinner but had to go out unexpectedly so technically for dinner had half an apple and a plum.

1030 pm just got home, for quick and convenience and was ravenous at this point had:

2 slices of wholemeal toast (really did not want any more bread, as have been making a conscious to reduce it) (5 syns) with sardines in tomato sauce (f)

A few LC cheese triangles (Hex A)

6 - 8 glasses of water.
Total 9 syns
Only managed to get a photo of lunch.View attachment 197459View attachment 197459
The Pic Looks really good. Have you tried lighter than light mayo? We use the the Lidl one. I can't taste a diffirence and it's half a syn per tablespoon. doesn't sound like much but when your a lover of egg mayo and tuna mayo etc like me, it helps. lol.

The Pic Looks really good. Have you tried lighter than light mayo? We use the the Lidl one. I can't taste a diffirence and it's half a syn per tablespoon. doesn't sound like much but when your a lover of egg mayo and tuna mayo etc like me, it helps. lol.
Thank you, had a bit of a disruptive day, but hey still stuck to plan. Have not tried that, and I do shop in Lidl. I had bought the mayo before I started the plan and generally do not use it on a regular basis, but I am really missing tuna and pasta and because you need a good bit of mayo to bind it have been swerving it, so the lighter than light one might just be the answer. Thank you!!!

Thank you, had a bit of a disruptive day, but hey still stuck to plan. Have not tried that, and I do shop in Lidl. I had bought the mayo before I started the plan and generally do not use it on a regular basis, but I am really missing tuna and pasta and because you need a good bit of mayo to bind it have been swerving it, so the lighter than light one might just be the answer. Thank you!!!
Your more than welcome. I'm one for sauces etc, so always looking for a tasty slimming friendly one. My Self and my kids love tuna pasta and egg mayo sandwichs but had to stop having it for a while due to the high syn count. If memory is right its the same for the tomate sauce from lidl, (Batts brand) Thats half a syn per 1 table spoon aswel.

Your more than welcome. I'm one for sauces etc, so always looking for a tasty slimming friendly one. My Self and my kids love tuna pasta and egg mayo sandwichs but had to stop having it for a while due to the high syn count. If memory is right its the same for the tomate sauce from lidl, (Batts brand) Thats half a syn per 1 table spoon aswel.
I buy the Lidl Skinny burgers 1/2 syn each, £1.39 for 2, there hasn't been any in store for the last week. I jazz them up a bit with salad, cheese, tomato ketchup, sometimes add a bit of chilli flakes or chilli oil, sometimes with jacket potatoes, or SW chips. I never buy a lot of Lidl brands because can never work out the syns, I always end up buying the same things that I am familiar with, but have been trying to change it up a bit so I don't get fed up.

I buy the Lidl Skinny burgers 1/2 syn each, £1.39 for 2, there hasn't been any in store for the last week. I jazz them up a bit with salad, cheese, tomato ketchup, sometimes add a bit of chilli flakes or chilli oil, sometimes with jacket potatoes, or SW chips. I never buy a lot of Lidl brands because can never work out the syns, I always end up buying the same things that I am familiar with, but have been trying to change it up a bit so I don't get fed up.
I've not seen the skinny burgers. We make our own and use "jd seasonings". They are lovely and have loads of diffirent things. But the skinny lorne sausage is to die for. lol. Always good for a (slimming friendly) Fry up.

Tuesday 1st September

Breakfast
2 slices WM toast (B)
2 LC cheese (A)
Tea with milk (A)

Lunch
Few melon slices (was weighing in today and did not want to eat too much)

Dinner
Steamed cabbage (s) potatoes (f) and gammon (f) (attachment)
with gravy (2 syns)
snacks
3 LC light cheese (rest of HEx A)

2 packets of cheesy wotsits 8 syns

5k walk
10 glasses of water
total syns 10

Attachments

• gammon and cabage.jpg
    gammon and cabage.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Wednesday 2nd September.

Breakfast
2 slices of Be Good WM toast (b)
bacon, fat removed (f)
Lett/Tom/Cue/Spring onion (s)
2 LC light cheese (part of hexa)
Tea with Milk (a)

Mid morning snack
Lots of melon slices (s)

Lunch
Ham (f) omelette (f) with red and yellow peppers (s)
Side Salad with Lett/Tomato/Cue/Spring Onion and beetroot (s)

Dinner
Chicken (f) stir fry (s) with fine noodles (f)
included mush/onion/sugar snap peas/bean sprouts, baby corn, red and yellow peppers and bamboo shoots. (s)
added dark soy sauce, chilli flakes, and spices to the chicken.

Not had any syns yet today, might try and have a syn free day to counteract the wine I had last night, however have plenty of fruit to use up and low syned snacks if I fancy them later.

8 glasses of water.
No body magic at all today.

Attachments

• blt.jpg
    blt.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • omelette.jpg
    omelette.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • chk stir.jpg
    chk stir.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Thursday 3rd September

Breakfast
WM bread (b)
Tinned Spaghetti (2 syns)
Tea with Milk (a)
Plum (s)

Lunch
Lettuce/tom/cue/red &yellow peppers (s)
Ham (f)
2 LC lite cheese (part of a)
drizzle of fat free Vinegiarette dressing

snack
apple

Dinner
I jacket Potato (f) with cheese (rest of Hex A)
smoked cod (f)
Steamed cabbage and spinach (s)

10000 steps
10 glasses of water.

Attachments

• ham sal.jpg
    ham sal.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • kippers (1).jpg
    kippers (1).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
Thursday 3rd September

Breakfast
WM bread (b)
Tinned Spaghetti (2 syns)
Tea with Milk (a)
Plum (s)

Lunch
Lettuce/tom/cue/red &yellow peppers (s)
Ham (f)
2 LC lite cheese (part of a)
drizzle of fat free Vinegiarette dressing

snack
apple

Dinner
I jacket Potato (f) with cheese (rest of Hex A)
smoked cod (f)
Steamed cabbage and spinach (s)

10000 steps
10 glasses of water.
Food looks yummy and you are doing really well.

Friday 4th September

Breakfast
2 egg (in fry light) (f)
2 W/M toast
Tea and Milk (a)

Lunch
3 bowls of homemade veg soup
Pearl barley, red, green and yellow split peas (s)
carrots, leeks, parsley, celery and spring onions (s) and chicken stock (f)

Dinner
2 Jacket Potatoes, (f) Tinned tuna (f) mixed with red onion and spring onion (s)
Side salad Lettuce/tomato/cue/red onion and spring onion (s)
1 tbsp of Light mayo (2 syns)

2 pkt skips (6 syns)
8000 steps
10 glasses of water

Attachments

• hmm soup.jpg
    hmm soup.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • baked tuna.jpg
    baked tuna.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
Good morning hun,

Your food looks yummy, I love seeing other peoples food photos :)

You're doing really well, fingers crossed for you for a loss on weigh in day.
Thank you, I love looking at others food photo too, I mainly take them for my SW face book group. Have been trying to get a bit of variety into menu this time, felt last time was cooking the same things over and over. Good also to look back on when I do get stuck for ideas.

Back