Getting Somewhere Slowly!!!!

Thank you, I love looking at others food photo too, I mainly take them for my SW face book group. Have been trying to get a bit of variety into menu this time, felt last time was cooking the same things over and over. Good also to look back on when I do get stuck for ideas.
I totally agree. Variety is the key word here. When we get bored with our food (same old) that is when we start looking around for something different and that is when binging starts. I love looking through food pictures - terrible at following recipes but pictures give me ideas and inspirations - normally, I make my own version of the pictures I have seen.

Also love reading others stories to learn from their experiences.

We must remember, this is not a race to get to the goal but make it as pleasant and enjoyable lifestyle. Don't worry about your portion sizes, they will reduce naturally when your body is ready. Feed yourself with as much as right and nutritious food as you can and the pounds start falling off. No two bodies are the same - each of us lose at the different rates and food have different effect on us.

Do what you think is right for you and don't compare yourself with others - it has taken me a longggggg time to realise that. I am not saying not to use others as examples but don't think why I am not losing as much as he/she. Believe in yourself and trust that you achieve what is right for you.

I totally agree. Variety is the key word here. When we get bored with our food (same old) that is when we start looking around for something different and that is when binging starts. I love looking through food pictures - terrible at following recipes but pictures give me ideas and inspirations - normally, I make my own version of the pictures I have seen.

Also love reading others stories to learn from their experiences.

We must remember, this is not a race to get to the goal but make it as pleasant and enjoyable lifestyle. Don't worry about your portion sizes, they will reduce naturally when your body is ready. Feed yourself with as much as right and nutritious food as you can and the pounds start falling off. No two bodies are the same - each of us lose at the different rates and food have different effect on us.

Do what you think is right for you and don't compare yourself with others - it has taken me a longggggg time to realise that. I am not saying not to use others as examples but don't think why I am not losing as much as he/she. Believe in yourself and trust that you achieve what is right for you.
I have taken a completely different approach this time. Put too much pressure on myself last time, lose x amount of weight by x, not doing that this time, just pleased to be eating healthier again and being back into some kind of routine. If I lose good, if I don't, not going to beat myself up like last time. The way I see it now is if I go off plan for a day or two, the other 5/6 I will be eating healthy, whereas for the last 10 months I was just eating unhealthily!! Not bothered about the portion sizes as have found I have got out of that routine of having snacks every evening as after dinner I am generally full up.

Our SW group have a private fb page and a lot of us post pictures and I have got a few ideas from there and also got a lot of meal ideas from here, but I do put my own twist on them as I am on a tight budget at the moment and also I am quite fussy about some foods. Your food always looks great and you have done fabulously well x

Saturday 5th September

Breakfast
Fancied a bit more substantial breakfast this morning.

2 W/M be good toast (b)
tinned spaghetti (2 syns)
gammon steak (f)

Lunch
2 bowls of homemade soup (always tastes nicer the next day)!

Dinner
Baked potato (f) with 30g of melted cheddar (a)
salad with lettuce/tom/cue/red and yellow pepper/red and spring onion (s)
roasted some chicken (f) and added white pepper, paprika and cajun seasoning (f)

Posting a bit earlier today as very tired and might have an early night.

Might have a skinny crunch (3 syns) and a packet (or two) of corn snacks (3 syns) a bit later, it is Saturday night after all (party on)!!!!

7 glasses of water so far.

There has been a party going on all day behind me, the music has been blasting since early afternoon. I have a busting headache so perhaps an early night will be out of the question (not even great music lol)!!

Attachments

• spag and gamm.jpg
    spag and gamm.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • soup (1).jpg
    soup (1).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • jp and chk .jpg
    jp and chk .jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • skinny crunch.jpg
    skinny crunch.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14
Sunday 6th September

Breakfast

2 W/M bread (b)
bacon (f) and 2 poached eggs (f)

Lunch
1 bowl of home made broth (s)
Ham (f) salad with Lett/red and spring onion/cue/yellow and red peppers and beetroot (s)

Dinner
Roasted paprika chicken (f)
Selection of vegetables - broccoli, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and green beans (s)
gravy (2 syns)

Dessert
2 plums and apple (s)

8-10 glasses of water

Using up the fruit and veg I have, planning on doing a larger shop tomorrow and will try and change the menu up for next week a bit. Depends what is in season and on offer!! Not done much body magic the last few days, so will walk into town tomorrow to supermarket and other shops so hopefully that will up my body magic a bit.

Attachments

• bac egg sand.jpg
    bac egg sand.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • ham sal (1).jpg
    ham sal (1).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
  • chick n veg.jpg
    chick n veg.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
  • plum and app.jpg
    plum and app.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
Monday 7th September

Breakfast
2 W/M toast (b)
Tinned Spaghetti (2 syns)
Tea with Milk (a)
Plum (s)

Lunch
Baked Potato (f) with Tuna in Brine (f) mixed with white onion (f) and 1 tbsp Light Mayo (2 syns)
Side salad of Lett/Tom/cue/red and yellow peppers and beetroot (s)
drizzle of fat free dressing.

Dinner
Lean (5%) beef (f) cooked in fry light, ginger, black and white pepper and Dark Soy
Stir Fry with mush/onion/sugar snap peas/bean sprouts, baby corn, red and yellow peppers and bamboo shoots. (s) Added chilli flakes (f) more ginger (f) a few slices of red peppers and white onion (s) and more soy sauce (f). Spring onions (s) at end.
A nest of fine egg noodles (f)

A plum and a pear (s)

4 syns
Having an Alpen Light Bar later (3 syns) and some corn snacks if fancy.

Did over 10 k steps today, not sure how much as my fitness band keeps resetting.

Lots of water (didn't keep count)!

Attachments

• tuna salad.jpg
    tuna salad.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • beef stirfry.jpg
    beef stirfry.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 14
Monday 8th September

Didn't get chance to post yesterday and because I had WI plan a bit over the place.

Breakfast
1/2 tin beans (f) on W/M toast (b)
Tea with milk (a)

Didn't have lunch as had WI.

Dinner
Bacon (f) and chilli (f) pasta (f)
with onions (s) red and green peppers (s)
400g tinned tomatoes (f), tomato puree (f) and tbsp of "Just Add" chilli paste (1/2 syn)

Ended up later still being hungry so went way off plan had a tuna/mayo and salad sandwich (12) syns, 2 packet corn snacks (6) skinny crunch (3)
Hope to make this up over the next few days.

Attachments

• bacon and chilli.jpg
    bacon and chilli.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Wednesday 9th September
Breakfast and Dinner was the rest of yesterdays.

Lunch
Baked potato (f) with tuna (f) mixed with red onion (f) and mayo (having rest of tuna tomorrow so 1.5 syn for the mayo)
Salad with Lett/tom/cue/spring onion/red, green and yellow peppers and beetroot. (s) Drizzle of fat free dressing

2 plums

Snacks
2 packets skips (6 syns)
Skinny crunch (3 syns)

5/6 glasses of water

Attachments

• tuna salad (1).jpg
    tuna salad (1).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thursday 10th September

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs (f)
2 W/M bread (b)
Tea with milk (a)

Lunch
The same as yesterday 1.5 syns for the mayo

Dinner
Baked salmon (f) added crack black pepper and parsley (f)
Small baked potato (f) with grated mature cheddar 30 g (a)
Broccoli and Green Beans (s)

Apple and a plum (s)

Snacks
Double Chocolate Alpen Light bar (3 syns)
Pkt Skips (3 syns)

Total 7.5 syns

Walked close to 15k of steps today (800 cal burn).

8 glasses of water.

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
Friday 11th September

Breakfast
A gammon steak (f) toasted WM bread (b)
Lett/Cue/tom/spring onion (s)
grated cheese (1/2 of hex a)
Tea with milk (a)

Lunch
Ham (f) and cheese (rest of hexa) salad
with Lett/Tom/Cue/red onion/yell/green and red peppers and beetroot (s)

Dinner was meant to be baked cod and green instead I went out and had a trillion syns (OOPs)!!

Attachments

• blt (1).jpg
    blt (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • blt 2.jpg
    blt 2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • cheese sal.jpg
    cheese sal.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
Saturday 12th September

Breakfast
2 WM bread (b)
2 poached eggs (f) and 2 slices of bacon (f) fat removed
Tea with Milk (a)

Lunch
Pasta (f) mixed with red and white onion, tomatoes, red, green and yellow peppers (s) added 3 tbsp of light mayo, used roughly half of mix, saving rest for tomorrow (3/4 syns) just to be on the safe side.

Snack
2 x Pear (s)

Dinner
Baby boils in skin (f)
Baked haddock (fp) cooked with a bit of parsley (f)
carrots, green beans and peas (s) sweetcorn (f)

Might have a couple of Alpen Light Bars later up to 6 syns

10 glasses of water, not been out all day so not much body magic.

Heading to a baby shower tomorrow, there will be lots of food, so will probably go off plan a bit. (hopefully not too much)!

Attachments

• egg bac.jpg
    egg bac.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • tuna past.jpg
    tuna past.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • haddock.jpg
    haddock.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
Back