getting that self esteem back!!

harriet2

serial poster
its happening already! getting on for two weeks in and im starting to wear make up again, looking after my skin, body brushing, all the things i know i should be doing anyway but having felt so rubbish about myself it all went bye bye. since starting lt again and losing a bit of weight im feeling better about myself and my self esteem is rising! yeah lol about time.. isnt it horrible feeling to feel so crAp about yourself that you cant be bothered to take that bit extra care ..my OH is pleased and mentioned it last night.

has anyone else felt like this or is it only me?

h xx

I know exactly what you mean, I am the same - I stop bothering because I don't think I am worth bothering with. But like you have started making that bit of effort.....makes you feel better :)

I to have never been groomed as well as I am now. It is actually nice to do something for yourself, well it is for me anyways. I have a tendency to put kids/hubby/parents first. But not anymore.

I have to say i have found that i look after myself better since starting this diet ... there seems to be a point to it now whereas before there didn't :)

I am just the same. No self esteme at all, but now I feel on top of the world and that's only after 14lb! I am making much more of an effort and what ws truly wonderful was trying on some blouses today that were skin tight the last time I wore them (on holiday beginning of March) and now they are really loose fitting! Fabulous!

Question: I have a semi-euphoric feeling constantly! Is this normal or is it just me?

I'm starting to feel more confident after losing nearly 2 stone since Jan on WW and LT. I can now get into my old size 16 Jeans (wearing them today) without straining to breathe in and do them up! I too am taking more care with the body moisturising. My OH is really encouraging too and believes that I can last the whole 9 weeks till goal... just don't want to let myself down so taking a week at a time

think i struck a chord with others too...i know what you mean about the state of being semi-europhic...seems ive got a permenant smile on my chops lol thats fine by me, more of the same please!

perhaps its a mix of sunshine and knowing were finally on our way and in control ... i always feel better when the suns out

h x

That's really great to hear :) & I know what you mean - have eyebrow threading booked for tomorrow, hair for the weekend & bought myself some lovely new clothes. Even though I'm only on day four of my restart, it just makes you feel so much better knowing you're doing something for yourself & to get to where you want to be :)

Hannah

I've spent more in Boots on beauty products than I ever have done before!! I find I'm wearing more jewellry and I'm taking more time on thinking what I'll be wearing for work and even more time when going out. Before it would be "What will be comfortable and make me look less fat" now its "what do I like best!" its a great feeling.

I have heard that being in ketosis can have a euphoric effect and coupled with the weight loss its no wonder there are times when you feel on top of the world.!!

Snap - i'm the same!
Spent shed loads on lotions and potions in boots the other day. Got a few different firming creams to see if any actually help and paranoid about stretch marks getting worse too.
Been doing a whole beauty regime before bed and booked to have hair done next week!!
Going to treat myself once a month providing I've stayed 100%.

That's really great to hear :) & I know what you mean - have eyebrow threading booked for tomorrow, hair for the weekend & bought myself some lovely new clothes. Even though I'm only on day four of my restart, it just makes you feel so much better knowing you're doing something for yourself & to get to where you want to be :)

Hannah

hear hear xxxxx

Back