Getting the right Vits and Mins, etc. through diet.

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I have been looking at my tracker, and I am going to start focusing on my vitamins and minerals. I was watching Gillian Keith - I love her! - and I am always inspired after her shows.

Right now, I notice my zinc levels and fibre levels are way down. The fibre surprises me considering the amounts of fruit and veg I am consuming?? And the zinc too, as I have pumpkin seeds with my yogurt and porridge....which are meant to be an excellant source.

It all get so confusing, because one site tells you "Eat pumpkins seeds, and other nuts and seeds - excleeant source for Zinc!" and then you go to the next site and they say "Pumpkin seeds and nuts are not good choices for zinc because they contain phytic acid which blocks the absorption fo zinc" !!!!

AHHH!!! Makes me crazy some times!

So, perhaps a good multi vitamin is a good idea?

Does anyone else have any tips, or are you taking supps?

Thanks!

I know its better to get vits and mins from a natural source, i think that unless you are an expert its really hard to get the balance right, so i would go for a supplement but obviously still make the healthiest choices you can with food. The best of both worlds:)

Back