Getting to know you!

Hi all, i'm kerry, i'm 30 and live in Essex. Originally from Holbeach Lincs. Been with my partner for 9 1/2 yrs now, I have 3 boys 13 today (omg!!!), 11 and 4. Not working at the moment as i was a stay at home mum but now little 'un is at fulltime school i really want to get bk to some kind of work. Been on CD since end of August and have already lost 2 stone 6 lbs, wow!!! I love this diet!!! Still got over 3 to go though xxx

howdy howdy. I'm Abi, I'm 25 and live in Leeds. Engaged to Thomas (Danish) and we are getting married next summer and i want to start a family soon after that.

I work in IT (sometimes unfortunately) and am usually found here on the dailies threads moaning about the fact that i'm working on a weekend again :D

abz xx

Hi Everybody - cool thread ;)

I'm Greg, 32, from Essex, Married with a 2 year old daughter. I have lost a total of 184 pounds on 3 attempts at CD, but have gained back large amounts in between each time. So I am 53 pounds lighter than before I ever discovered CD, but still about 50 pounds above Goal.
Good to see you all x

Hiya,

I'm Sharon, 28, live either in Beaconsfield in Bucks or on a boat in town, depending on where I'm working. I'm single, work in theatre, and have 3 cats.

I've never ever been thin, so trying to get there before 30. I started off at just over 18 and a half stone, now trying to break into the 15s. Aiming for 11 stone or a size 12-14. Because I've never been thin I have no point of reference.

I love Tortie cats and Alaskan Malamute dogs and my brother and my dad and my slippers.

My favourite shake is cappucino.

I'm Zoe. I'm 26 & live in a three storey town house in Bolton. I have been with Youssef for three years in January & we have two boys, Anton 21 months & Milo 13 weeks. We are getting married in Ibiza in august next year.
I was always between 7 & half stone & 8 stone, but two babies in 18 months has meant the weight has piled on!
I now weigh 10 stone 10lbs & can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel after discovering CD. I've never had to diet, so it has all come as a bit of a shock as to what it all entails!
I'm determined to be slim again & I WILL get back into my size eight skinny jeans! I also don't want to be a fat bride. I'm getting married in black & when I reach my goal there are a pair of amazing Louboutin's with my name on them for my wedding....

Zobo your post made me laugh hun, your panicking at 10st and theres me at 15st and longing to be your weight! lol

I hope you get into your skinny jeans soon though hun, youl have a fab weddign next year!

Hi all,I'm rob,38.From up north but I now live on the shropshire/cheshire border with my skinny mrs.We have 2 girls Emily 7 & Imogen 3 and 7 months ago doubled the kids with the arrival of our twin boys Ethan and Zachary.Only want to lose 2-2.5 stone and 2 weeks in am down by 16lbs.Spend my life working,sailing,entertaining the kids n blogging. And one day I will finish my book!!!!

Its really nice reading through this because i feel i know you better now. Imogen is a classy name fatblokeonabike ;)

Hi, im Susan I will be 38yrs old on the 25th oct, have 2 children Emma 13yrs and Lewis 3yrs, live with Paul in Grantham Lincs. I have 4 cats salom, Tom, Bobo and Fanny-ann, I have 2 giant rabbits herman and midnight and a fish tank of guppies etc.

Hi my names Kelly and I'm 28 (29 in December). I live on the Hampshire South coast with my husband Pete who I've been with for 10 years and married for 6 of those and my daughter Jasmine who's turning 9 in a couple of weeks (don't do the maths it doesn't give a great impression of me!!!:whistle:). We also have 2 cats, Jinx (my favourite little man) who lets me cuddle him like a teddybear, and Tango who is a complete nutter and so stupid I'm suprised he doesn't fall down more! There is also our Golden Retriever Odie who is 2 and I swear my husband loves the dog more than me as they're inseprable!:sigh:
I've just started a new part time job cashiering in a bank and work with some really lovely people.
I started CD in Feb this year at 16 1/2st having lost the first 1/2st on my own since the new year. I've come off the diet a couple of times, once was to go on holiday to Florida in May (good reason :p) and the second was to have an operation to have my gallbladder removed in August (bad reason :(). I'm now starting to work my way back down the plans as in the time I've had off I've pigged out and gained back about 1 1/2st!:eek:
I've now got around 5st to lose but I might stop before then depending on how I'm feeling.
Well that's me and it's good to get to know you all that little bit more.

I'm Jools, I'm 31 and live near Oakham, Rutland (not far from you susan70). I've been married to Chris for 2 1/2 years and we have a 13 month old daughter Maddison. I have recently left the RAF where I did Air Traffic Control to be at home with Maddison. We have a 13 week old Valley Bulldog (Boxer crossed with English Bulldog) called Scampi :D

Hi I'm Sarah,

I live in Sandy in Bedfordshire.

I'm 40 yrs old and I have a daughter who is 21 (i also started early!) and a son almost 3, plus a lovely grandson who is 2 next month :)

Been married to Bobby for 4 years, together for 6.

yo yo dieter for years and years and loving CD

I started 31st August and to date have lost 35lb, weigh in on Saturday!!

Love reading, spending time with OH and going for long walks.

I'm a secretary (p/t) for an agent who sells properties abroad.

Sarah xx

Hi my name is Jodie, im 22, 23 on the 5th November this year. I am a previous LL dieter, and lost 4 stone on LL but sadly split with my fiance of 6 years and of course lost the plot with food and piled it all back on again!!! :sigh:
I live with my parents just now after another nasty split haha its never ending, I stay in a small town called Forfar, in Scotland near dundee.
I am looking to lose 6 stone on CD and I should be up and running by Tuesday next week!! Then in August i am going on my first holiday abroad ever ever ever!! oooh!

xxxx Jodie

What a great idea.

I'm Val, 48 (going on 15!!). Married to my wonderful DH Mike. One daughter Katy 22. Wee Westie called Daisy, and two mad cats, Tango (cos he's orange lol) and Cleo. We live in Clackmannanshire in Scotland (claim to fame - it is the smallest county in UK)!

Started CD 16 days ago and lost 16lbs so far - so going well.

Trying to lose 3 stone for Xmas.

Val

HI, I'm Claire, 32, a teacher from Sunderland - up north!! I lost most of my weight with ww but when I had plateaued for quite a while and couldn't lose the last stone and a half - came to cd to get below bmi 25 - busted!! I am now bmi 24.3 an the skinniest I have been ever! I have now lost 106.5lb and am currently on the 810 plan moving up to 1000 on Monday (mmm cereal, and fruit!!!) can't wait!

Good luck on your journeys!

I'm Tara, 33, single with no kids. Living in Ipswich working as an accountant.

Been overweight since my early 20's apart from about 5 years ago when i managed to drop 5 stone (in a not very healthy way). Needless to say it all went back on.

Started CD on 7th Sep at 16.1 and am currently 14.7, i'm aiming for between 10 and 11 stone and i'm determind to keep it off this time. xx

I'm Jenni, 17, I live near Hull. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics at college. Going to do Maths at uni, surprise surprise. :p

I live at home with my mum and dad, and my sister lives at home half the week. I have two cats, one of whom is silent, and the other meows twice as much to make up for it :p

I started CD in June, lost 2 and a half stone, then left to join WW.

I just hang around to give advice and I'm also team leader of team 6 (The Biggest Losers). :D

x

Last edited:
hello I'm Tracey 38 on 31st :(I have 2 boys aged 15 and nearly 12, been married 2 yrs in dec, got married in Lapland. I work as a teaching assistant with autistic kids full time. I have always been overweight most of the time never bothering me that much but the last 4 yrs my confidence is rock bottom and after trying to do it myself and failing here I am. BTW i live in nottinghamshire and have a cocker spaniel called barney and a nameless goldfish

hi all especially jenni i was born in Hull many years ago lol(escaped to London over 15 yrs ago though lol)l i am 44 living with OH Andy and my 3 children have a step daughter who has a son so i am also a grandmother my kids ages are 18 (step daughter) letoyah 18 yr old Elisha 14 yr old Joshua and 12 yr old Georgia 18mth old Grandson Javarni i lost 10.5 stone with LL/CD over 3 years ago but due to a bodged Tummy tuck which went drastically wrong (i nearly died caught MRSA) i went into depression and put back on 7 stone! did manage to maintain for over a year before TT though so know the diet works so here i am again i started on sept 2nd week 8 for me weight loss is not as quick as before but i am still happy with what i have lost i was also a CDC but had to give that up due to the extent of my illness also due to the fact i got too fat!!! but my head is now in the right place and i am ready to lose this fat again lol

Back