Getting to the low 9's

I desperately want to get into the low 9's being in the high bracket for too long. Want to make a fresh start and have no idea what plan to follow. I feel I've done so many over the years that I'm all mixed up in my head about them and don't know which one wud b best for me. Any advice wud b very welcome

I desperately want to get into the low 9's being in the high bracket for too long. Want to make a fresh start and have no idea what plan to follow. I feel I've done so many over the years that I'm all mixed up in my head about them and don't know which one wud b best for me. Any advice wud b very welcome

Hi, I'm also wanting to get to the low 9's and have lost around a stone on ww propoints. I've done other diets too but this one works the best for me.

This thread is a bit quiet but if you have a look at some of the diaries it's busier there :)

Thank you sammy yeah this thread is very quiet.

anyone else aiming to get into low 9s?

I was 15st 1 now 10st 5. My goal is 9st 7lbs. Managed to get down to 9.11 in september for my wedding but two week honeymoon and xmas saw me back to 10.11. Really struggle getting below 10st. Back properly tracking since new year and upped the exercise so will hopefully get there this year!

Hello :) I'm still wanting to get into the 9s too! I started this thread I don't know when & still haven't quite got there :-/ Together we can do it!! I weighed in at 11st last night, my heaviest in years :cry: still onwards & downwards! :)

I'm thinking of trying to cut down carbs which will be so difficult for me since I basically live on pasta and rice! A girl I work with has started a low carb plan this week and has lost 3lbs (she is just under 9 stone so this is a big loss)

That is a big loss. Have you seen the new 'dieting' show? It's on bbc & is the science behind eating habits & the best diet. It seems I should do intermittent fasting but I'm not sure!! Having done WW on & off for years I'm trying SW, went to my first meeting yesterday so we'll see! Like you I love carbs so whilst I've thought of low carb before I've never quite followed through!!

I never saw it but read an article in the paper about it

I have flirted with the idea of slimming world and read a bit about it before but my concern is portion sizes! The ability to eat unlimited pasta frightens the life out of me!! Also it doesn't seem that you can eat out the same way u can with ww.

Although I do feel like I need to do something different coz I am stuck at this weight. ww was amazing for me when I had lots to lose but doesn't seem to work as well with only a stone to go!

Hi! I'm trying to get into the low nines too :) want to do it before my wedding in the summer!!

Welcome! Nice to have more people in the gang! Exciting about your wedding, when in the summer is it & how much would you like to lose?? :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

It's at the beginning of September, I'd like to lose about a stone ish, but frankly i'd be happy with anything between 9 and 9 1/2 stone. So that's 11 - 18lbs lol. I can't believe it's coming round already! How are you all doing?

That's so achievable & maintainable :) I was 9st9 on my wedding day & felt fabulous! I've not done too badly since then (4yrs) but fluctuate between 10st5 & 9st10... Until now, went on holiday in October then I had a few busy & lively weekends then changed to an office job & hey presto 11st :-/ boo! Still I'm going to do it!! Got to get in control ?

When u have something to aim for like ur wedding it definitely gives you the extra motivation needed to succeed. I lost 5 stones in 18 months for my wedding started ww the day after I got engaged! Gave me the push I needed. Since my wedding in September I have put on about 7lbs and desperate to get back down although without something to aim for I am struggling!

Hi all, thanks for the support! Great to have some people to chat to about it. I'm only aiming for 1lb every week, so hope I can do it!! Just trying to train my OH what classes as healthier foods :) I need to try to lose most of the weight by July for my dress fittings!

My husband is the worst influence. He is naturally slim despite eating the most amount of crap imaginable so there is always loads of chocolates and pringles in the house to tempt me!!

Back