Gill SW diary -green days

Thanks Gemma. 1lb down from same time last week :) but lowest I have been since I started. Plus I had a bad night sat with 3 pieces of pizza so feeling really confident now. Starting to be able to move around a bit more too so helping that will help. I'm not sat in all day thinking about food/diets.

got 7 weeks before Italy so aiming to lose 10lb for that which will take me to 10 stone 9 so still above target but a lot better than where I started from.

well done :)

Well done on the loss and glad it's boosted your confidence! xx

Friday

Early - protein bar HEB
Mid morning - quorn burners (1) mushy pea curry
lunch - berries, ff, grapefruit
Dinner - LM sausages, veg with laughing cow HEA
snacks - options (2), protein bar HEB another options (2) packet of malteasers (10)

Last edited:
Saturday

going out for a meal tonight. Going to have feta salad (saving all my he's) and home made falafel and will allow a few syns incase they use oil for them.

B - ff and berries
L - quorn burgers (1) veg
D - going out. Saving all syns

Meal out wasn't quite as planned. My sister had ordered the falafel before and said it was deep fried :( so instead I had a feta salad with jacket potato (HEA x2) plus home made houmous and pitta to share. Made with olive oil so going to count that as my HEB choice (didn't have very much) plus I had a quarter of a white pitta so counting that as 3 syns.

when I got home I had another options (2)

I'm feeling really good thanks Gemma :) a lot better now I have started being able to walk a bit and do more exercises. Should be going back to work next week. Have another 3 physio sessions this week but they should reduce to 2 from next week and I should be able to start work again.

well you got me addicted to quorn burgers haha, not sure if you noticed but I had loads last week. They are on offer in morrisons for 91p per bag so I stocked up ;)

also love the bns chips and cottage cheese and bean cakes :)

Yes me too I spent over £30 at Morrisons and bought LOADSSS of burgers and sausages! May as well while they are that price I think I'm going to get some more this weekend too as I am cooking for 3 of us now (I have put my Mam and her partner on SW three weeks ago he's lost 15lb and she's lost 7.5lb I'm very much in the good books!!) so it doesn't take much for us to get through the packs! Pleased you are a bit more mobile, bet you can't wait to get back to normal.

Wow they are doing really well too!

My oh has been losing weight and is very much into the gym and 'fat loss' but he is of the opinion that I need to cut carbs to lose which I don't want to do, now more determined to prove him wrong! He will eat some of the SW things I do but only if they are low carb at night which makes it more difficult.

You really have done so well. If I don't lose this week I may copy your diary for a week (without the meat as I'm veggie) as I really want to do this. Very hopeful though as feel smaller. May have a sneaky peek at the scales tomorrow morning ;)

Thanks Gill but the nearest Morrisons is quite a way away so went purely for the Quorn it's not my usual supermarket but that offer was too good to miss! I wish they would start doing home delivery though :mad: I feel like that about eating carbs sometimes but I wanted to give the green plan a few weeks to see how it affected my losses and it seems to be going well (tomorrow will tell...) I just find red days soooo expensive I want to stick to green with the odd red day. Eating so many carbs and so late feels so naughty though doesn't it :p there are posters all over our group saying that all of that is a myth so I'm going to just keep as I'm going...

I hope so, really want to be able to do this without cutting carbs. I felt really naughty in Sat night when I went out for a meal because I ordered a jacket potato. Not had one for ages and thought it went nicely with my salad. When I got home I nearly had a galaxy ripple as somehow I felt like I'd already been naughty that night by having the potato but I definitely wasn't, stuck to plan 100% (despite the oh saying about carbs in the potato). Just hope I lose this week!

Oh eats a lot of meat and when I do the food shop I limit the amount of meat I buy as he can eat veggie some nights but noticed a massive difference when I couldn't go out and he was doing the food shop because I was buying so much lean meat! Can imagine red days are very expensive.

i don't tend to have big carb meals a lot (think I naturally limit potato, rice and pasta as I feel quite bloated if I eat too much of it). I did have a dream last night though about chips with cheese and mayo and nearly went to the shop before to buy a potato so I could do a SW friendly version, but didn't as I have enough in the fridge already that needs eating ;) love that I have the option though if I really fancy it.

I feel naughty when I eat baked beans too, even though they are free.

Thank you I'm looking forward to WI I always know if I've done well, I think I had a lot of water retention last week and bloating and it's defo gone this week! Well beans and all kinds of peas are Super Speed foods so you'd do well to incorporate them into a lot of your meals, I was actually thinking last night I do eat a lot more SS foods on green so I may even have better losses! It sounds silly but I do feel more hungry on green cos I think the protein keeps me fuller for longer on red days I feel like I've ate so much more, but I trust the plan and I know it works so if I'm hungry I eat so long as I'm 100% on plan I have no worries.

Comes to something when you start dreaming about food! I much prefer my SW chips now to "normal" ones and the quorn cheeseburgers were great no fat whatsoever but all the taste....

I notice a difference with protein too, think that's why I have cottage cheese a lot as if I have more protein I do feel more satisfied and tend to snack less. I don't yet have the confidence in the plan to eat too many beans/peas (I love mushy peas!) as they still seem quite carby but if you lose this week then ill give it a go next week. I could just eat a tin of mushy peas I love them! And baked beans come to think of it. Love cheese and beans! Yum yum :eating:

I notice a difference with protein too, think that's why I have cottage cheese a lot as if I have more protein I do feel more satisfied and tend to snack less. I don't yet have the confidence in the plan to eat too many beans/peas (I love mushy peas!) as they still seem quite carby but if you lose this week then ill give it a go next week. I could just eat a tin of mushy peas I love them! And baked beans come to think of it. Love cheese and beans! Yum yum :eating:
Hi, you should try more beans, peas or lentils, they work really well with SW and they are versatile :)

Back