Gill SW diary -green days

Friday Extra Easy

B - scan bran cake with berries and ff 2.5 syns protein powder plus HEB
L - protein bar 2.5 syns, veg cottage cheese
D - cod fillet with cauliflour mash, cheese HEA

snacks - apple, hot choc 2 syns

Saturday (not entirely sure which day - bit disheartened this week so trying to just be healthy. Made a pizza from flatbread to avoid actual pizza so it was a bit more healthy)

B - Scan bran cake HEB plus 2.5 syns with ff and berries
L - apple and 2 protein bars 5 syns
D - warburtons flat bread (I think 8 syns) with tomato purée, cheese HEA and cottage cheese

snacks - ff with berries, hot choc 2 syns, half scoop protein 2.5syns

Sunday

B - scan bran cake 2.5 syns heb
L - veg, cottage cheese cauliflour mash
D - salad, feta HEA and cauliflour mash

snacks - protein bar 2.5 syns, protein bar (not homemade) 5 syns, hot choc 2 syns

bought some quorn burgers yesterday to try this week too. Just going to try and eat healthy to see if I can lose this week. Loads of veg and making sure I have enough protein in my diet (mainly get my protein from shake/home made bars/ cottage cheese/ Parmesan cheese/ quorn). Going to have a couple of days with fish too and go back to having regular scan bran. Really really want to get this weight off!!

Last edited:
Friday Extra Easy

B - scan bran cake with berries and ff 2.5 syns protein powder plus HEB
L - protein bar 2.5 syns, veg cottage cheese
D - cod fillet with cauliflour mash, cheese HEA

snacks - apple, hot choc 2 syns

Saturday (not entirely sure which day - bit disheartened this week so trying to just be healthy. Made a pizza from flatbread to avoid actual pizza so it was a bit more healthy)

B - Scan bran cake HEB plus 2.5 syns with ff and berries
L - apple and 2 protein bars 5 syns
D - warburtons flat bread (I think 8 syns) with tomato purée, cheese HEA and cottage cheese

snacks - ff with berries, hot choc 2 syns, half scoop protein 2.5syns

Sunday

B - scan bran cake 2.5 syns heb
L - veg, cottage cheese cauliflour mash
D -

snacks - protein bar 2.5 syns

bought some quorn burgers yesterday to try this week too. Just going to try and eat healthy to see if I can lose this week. Loads of veg and making sure I have enough protein in my diet (mainly get my protein from shake/home made bars/ cottage cheese/ Parmesan cheese/ quorn). Going to have a couple of days with fish too and go back to having regular scan bran. Really really want to get this weight off!!

I know you're concerned that your not getting the results you want but I'd actually say that you aren't eating enough. In fact you're barely eating carbs at all and you don't snack much. How big are your portions?

Eating too little can be counter productive as your body will just hold on to whatever energy it can if it thinks it's being starved. Your meals are also quite same-y. Are you finding you're getting bored with your meals or is that the sort of stuff you enjoy to eat? Are you eating all of your HEXs? Mix them up a bit - have bread and cereals instead of scan bran and drink milk as well as having cheese. Maybe post pics of your meals too. I find I make more effort to try new things if I'm photographing my food.

Mix it up a bit, experiment more, and eat your syns! I think you need to relax more too. I know you're not working at the moment so you can find yourself getting a bit obsessive about losing weight as you've got so much more time to think about it (I've been there) but give yourself a break. You will get there but the point of SW is to enjoy the variety of delicious foods you're allowed to eat, not starve yourself and just eat 'diet' food.

Do you follow any green diaries? I recommend you take a look at what other veggies are eating on the forums. It may help to give you some inspiration.

Also why not try one of the SW meal plans for a week and see if you get any losses with it? What have you got to lose (apart from the lbs)?
http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy-eating/vegetarian-menu.aspx#menu-buttons

Thank you :)

im worried about eating more as I'm not doing any activity during the day and because I've gone from being active to doing nothing I don't feel that I should eat too much. Last time when it wasn't working some people suggested holding back on the carbs so that's what I was trying this time.

i do enjoy eating the same foods, I could eat the same things most days I think and when I cook I'm only really cooking for myself (sometimes my husband will have some too) so tends to last a few days. I do have big portions of veg and sometimes ill be hungry an hour later so will have a bit more for example last night I had loads of cauliflour mash. For my tea I had salad with feta but got peckish an hour later so had some cauliflour mash (but ill just write in my diary, salad, fata and cauliflour mash - it may look strange haha)

Thank you :)

im worried about eating more as I'm not doing any activity during the day and because I've gone from being active to doing nothing I don't feel that I should eat too much. Last time when it wasn't working some people suggested holding back on the carbs so that's what I was trying this time.

i do enjoy eating the same foods, I could eat the same things most days I think and when I cook I'm only really cooking for myself (sometimes my husband will have some too) so tends to last a few days. I do have big portions of veg and sometimes ill be hungry an hour later so will have a bit more for example last night I had loads of cauliflour mash. For my tea I had salad with feta but got peckish an hour later so had some cauliflour mash (but ill just write in my diary, salad, fata and cauliflour mash - it may look strange haha)

I am the least active person in the world and yet fill up on bread, potatoes, pasta and rice and have still managed to lose the weight. I know everyone is different but you could be eating brown rice and pasta and limit potatoes if that is a concern to you. I know it's a bit hypocritical as I'm dishing out the advice but I would recommend not taking advice from people who aren't following the plan. The amount of times people have commented on my big bowl of pasta when they know I'm on a diet has been frustratingly frequent but they normally can't get their head around being able to eat carbs whilst on a diet. I've never bought into the "carbs are the devil" line of thinking as I'm a carb addict and couldn't give them up (hence why I only follow EE). Obviously do what you feel comfortable with but I honestly think that eating more may get you results, despite how backward that sounds. Have you also tried to develop meal plans that your husband could eat too. Is he veggie too? I only ever cook SW meals for me and the OH and he absolutely loves them. There have been a few disasters admittedly but we've found our favourites and now he eats much healthier as a result.

My suggestion is if you don't get a loss this week, try the 7 day plan and if you don't lose any weight as a result I will keep my nose out lol! Also are you eating your syns? A lot of people have had problems losing weight because they aren't having their syns, and mix those up too. Is it neccessary to have the protein bars and powder if you aren't currently exercising? Maybe treat yourself to a bit of chocolate or a packet of crisps instead. Again I know it sounds backward but you do have to put your faith in the plan for it to work. Good luck hun xx

I do agree with the above, I do not exercise but eat stacks and it still comes off! I know what you mean about feeling like that because I do so many red days that when I switch to green I do worry about the carbs but as you know when I did mostly green last week I still had a great loss! It clearly does work so I would give it a shot see if it makes a difference, can't hurt! Maybe a few jacket potatoes and beans, pastas and homemade sauces with quorn burgers or the RC sausages you like?

Thank you both for your support :)

I will try to have a few more carbs this week and see if it helps. I do actually enjoy the shakes (normally use them to flavour my scanbran cake or ff) and the bars get rid of any chocolate cravings, they are more like little cakes. Have tried a few different brands in the past and they have been awful but I do genuinely enjoy these ones. Do tend to have around 10 syns a day.

My OH isn't vegetarian and loves his meat so normally I made something and he will add chicken or beef on the side. Most of the SW things I've made in the past he really likes for example the mushy pea curry, cottage cheese and bean cakes, LM sausages, lasagne, pasta bakes. I tend to have what I make with extra veg and cottage cheese and he has it with chicken or beef ;)

I'm so scared of not loosing again, I really really want to feel more confident. My sister found a pic of me from a few years ago yesterday and said 'oh wow, you were so glamourous!' (Bless she's lovely and meant it as a complement but I instantly felt self conscious as I'm not anymore as I've lost my confidence!) must have been about 10 stone in the pic.

been out for lunch today but stuck to plan.

B - scan bran cake HEB, 2.5 syns with berries and ff

L - feta cheese salad hea x2,tbsp coleslaw 2 syns

snack - protein bar/cake 2.5 syns with a hot choc 2 syns

D - quorn burger 0.5 syns, mushy pea curry on half a roasted butternut squash

total syns - 9.5

Last edited:
haha Gill I have just realised I put "RC Sausages" instead of LM, I had Rosemary Connelly in my head for some reason :rotflmao: that did make me giggle!

Well done on being so good when you went out to eat, we are getting pro's at this ;) mind you I was just looking at the tapas menu for where I'm going Saturday and thought am I s**te sticking to plan far too many yummy dishes!! (well it is my birthday :rolleyes:)

Awh well its your birthday so enjoy whatever you fancy!:birthday:

hope you have a lovely day! Have you been to the tapas before? I love tapas but eat far too much as in my head I think well they are only small dishes so I can have about 20 haha ;)

Yes thought it was nice (only had one but will have a couple in future) not sure about microwaving them though, that seems strange! I did mine on the hob.

Oh wow! Free tapas dishes, that sounds lovely! Are any of them vegetarian? May have to go to la tasca in the near future as I love tapas and if there are some nice free dishes its definitely worth knowing ;)

Yes all veggie friendly:

• Tabla Verduras: Char-grilled aubergine, green beans and red and yellow peppers. Count 1 Syn for each rustica tomato or olive (they’re coated in olive oil) and if you fancy some of the Spanish ciabatta bread it’s served with, count 6½ Syns per small roll or opt for yours bread-free to keep your Syns to a minimum.
  • Langostinos: These tiger prawns are described as ‘salt-baked over a piping-hot plancha’, served with lemon and a sprinkling of sea salt. With no extra oil added to the cooking of these prawns, they’re Free!
  • Spicy roasted vegetable cassolo with almonds: A great choice is this filling Spanish casserole filled with butternut squash, red onion, chickpeas, celeriac and cannellini beans in a winter warming spicy tomato sauce topped with crushed almonds and parsley. The sprinkle of almonds on the top will be approximately 4 Syns.
  • Their fresh and zingy Superfree fennel, tomato, radish and orange salad is from the Murcia region of Spain – and not to be missed! If you’re not sure if it comes with oil or dressing, ask. Then adjust the Syns if anything’s been added – or ask the waiter for yours without.

When I am at home I live in Spain and some of the tapas can be so SW unfriendly it is not true :) think they go round with a bottle of olive oil and pour it over.

And then the wine - say no more........................

Plus it is the least Vegetarian friendly Country when it comes to eating out.
They grow brilliant veggies but send them all to other Countries and don't keep many for themselves. If we eat out there is never a selection of veg unless it is in a "foreign" restaurant.

Tuesday - trying an extra easy day

B - 2 scan bran (will have another 3 later and have as my heb), ff, berries, apple, protein bar (2 syns)

L - mushy pea curry with roasted butternut squash, LM sausage and quorn burger (0.5 syns)

D - think ill make fish pie with cod fillet plus a youngs fish in parsley sauce (1.5syns) cauliflour mash, veg then use cheese HEA on top

snacks - sprinkle of protein powder on ff (2.5syns), 3 scan bran, hot choc (2 syns), 200ml unsweetened Almond milk (1.5 syns)

total syns - 10

Last edited:
Tuesday - trying an extra easy day

B - 2 scan bran (will have another 3 later and have as my heb), ff, berries, apple, protein bar 2 syns

L - mushy pea curry with roasted butternut squash

D - think ill make fish pie with cod, cauliflour, veg and mash then use cheese HEA on top

snacks - sprinkle of protein powder on ff (2.5syns), 3 scan bran.

Hmmm Can't say I liked the mushy pea curry when I tried it-even though I do like mushy peas. Do like roasted BNS though!

Thanks Gemma.

Systema, where abouts in Spain do you live? Must be lovely having the sun :) disappointing about the lovely vegetables though!

Now we live on the Coast in Southern Spain but used to live in the mountains where I put on all my weight in the first place - too much wine, food and partying and no gym. :eek: Now we live in civilization with a gym and a nice seafront for walking on 2 minutes away and a healthier life style.

Last edited:
Now we live on the Coast in Southern Spain but used to live in the mountains where I put on all my weight in the first place - too much wine, food and partying and no gym. :eek: Now we live in civilization with a gym and a nice seafront for walking on 2 minutes away and a healthier life style.
Now we are near a

Sounds beautiful :)

Back