GINGERBREAD MEN!!!!!

bymbo

Hey everyone

I made the gingerbread men from the new magazine tonight and I am so pleased with them I thought I would share them with you....

For those who dont have the magazine here is the recipe for those who want to give them a go. :)

GINGERBREAD MEN - 1 1/2 syns per biscuit - all choices

7oz/198g plain flour
4tsp ground ginger
3tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
2oz/57g low fat spread suitable for baking(such as Flora Light)
6 tbsp artificial sweetener
2 small eggs
fry light
1oz/28g icing
Icing sugar to decorate (optional)

1 - Preheat your oven to 180oc/350of/gas4.

2 - Mix the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda, then rub in the low fat spread. Once the mixture looks like breadcrumbs add the sweetner.

3 - In a seperate bowl whisk the eggs and then add to flour mixture and form into a dough. Place on a clean floured work surface and knead for a minute or two until smooth. Roll out until 1/4in/5mm thick, then use a mini gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut 30 shapes.
(If you want to make these at a later date to hang on your xmas tree, then make a hole at the top of each man using a skewer or straw).

4 - Lay the men on a non stick baking tray lightly sprayed with Fry Light and bake for 10/15 mins until golden brown, then leave to cool.

5 - When cool decorate with icing and sprinkle with icing sugar (1syn per level tsp)if you like.

ENJOY! xxxxxxx

:553:

How many did they make? I saw in the mag they are supposed to make THIRTY but I think that was probably a little generous :/

Recipe looks great..i love the idea of taking things like this to xmas parties and not feeling like your getting to eat treats but they are secretly quite slimming world friendly!! xx

Did they actually taste nice when you made them?

I made these last week and they were absolutely rank - dry, stodgy, and went soft after one day despite being kept in an air tight container.

I do have a history of being very poor at baking cakes and biscuits however so it could just be me....

But I think someone else had posted on the forum saying theirs didnt taste good either.

Back