given up smoking

Hi there,

I am desperately trying to lose weight AND stop smoking!

Currently doing Cambridge to lose weight, and BOUGHT the Allan Carr book, but not finished reading it. Must say have kind of given up because I don't understand how the book is going to make me stop.

How does it work? I have only read first 5 chapters of book - do you really recommend it?

Are there any other recommended methods, or is the book really the best way??

Thanks!

Well I have bad news. I caved in. I went back to smoking. Last week was a horrible week. I sware it was PMS x 100. My favorite word was f this and f that etc. I was fighting evry day with hubby, kids on my last nerve, wanted to quit my job etc. It was bad. So I went and bought a pack. At least I didin't buy a fifth. I had told hubby I was gonna go buy a fifth and a carton of cigarettes. So I guess I did ok. I started taking Hoodia and I really want it to work and I am a nervous eater. I eat when I am not hungry. Instead of gaining more weight I decided to smoke again and loose some weight first. Food is a worse addiction for me.

Sorry you had such a rough time of it.

Have you tried the nicotine patches?

They do help, I used them in the first couple of days.

I think it is very hard to stop smoking, I had so many failed attempts but eventually I got it that was nine years ago.

I never thought I would get free of smoking as I did enjoy it so much and I was hooked.

If I can give up smoking I think anyone can.

How you finding Hoodia for the weight loss and how does it work:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Notsotrim,
sorry I've not been on for a few days.
the book dispels a lot of myths that surround smoking and giving up, for example you're not giving up you're stopping. saying giving up gives the impression that you are making a sacrifice, the only thing you're giving up is the chance of contracting cancer, emphysema, heart disease etc. The withdrawal symptoms are so minimal that you don't notice them but we have been led to believe that we will be climbing the wall, not so!!!! What Allen /carr does is reverse the so called brainwashing that smokers have been under for a long time. i found the book an eye-opener. Whats the worse that can happen if you don't give up after finishing the book, you wont be any worse off so please try to finish it. Good luck,
Shar xx

i may be stupid but i had teeth whitening a while ago. maybe 4 months ago, i told myself i had to stop but i couldn't.. i've been smoking since i'm 14, in a few months, that'll be 4 years now.. of course i want to stop.. that would be a huge burden OFF my budget.. but everytime i try to stop, my fiance smokes in front of me and i lose my will... [he wants to stop too]

Good luck to all of you who are trying to break the habit. It's tough, I know cos I did it 15 years ago so I do sympathise.

My lovely MIL is currently in hospital (6 weeks now)following surgery on her lungs, she's fighting lung cancer for the 2nd time. Please, please keep your resolves strong, I would hate for any of you to suffer as she is doing.

Positive vibes, will power and strength to you all.

Cheb

Back