Giving GI another go..

mum_of_one

Silver Member
Hi guys

I did very well on GI about 3 yrs ago. I lost 4 stone. I mainly followed Living the Gi diet by Rick Gallop so doing that primarily with some of Anthony Worrall Thompsons book too.

Starting tomorrow!

Watch this space :) - will post a daily menu.

Good for you getting back on the GI train. You will be able to pass on all your tips from your first time round. 4 st was a great result on GI.
I am following a GL plan. Have read loads of Holford/Denby and Worrall Thompson. My losses are not huge every week but that is fine by me as I look at this as my way of living from now on. Reverting to my old habits will not do me any good at all. I feel great on GL.
Look forward to reading your diary.

Hi molly, I think you are doing so well!! I am always reading your diary. Love it.

I love GI too and I had good losses each week. The only time I didnt was of course when I didnt follow it exactly that week. Like you have seen you get STS or a little gain. It really is a great diet. I truly believe it enabled me to fall pregnant too as I suffer with PCOS and its a great diet for sufferers of this.

Ok so far today I have had :

B: 1 slice of seeded bread toasted with a scraping of flora light and then sliced tomatoes on top and a cup of decaf tea

S: 1 seeded bar (cant remember brand!) Jordons I think. But its literally seeds and oats, no crap.

L: Baxters butterbean and carrot soup

S: Sliced apples, plums and an orange

D: Salmon fillet with 3 new potatoes and lots of broccoli

S: Low fat irish yog from tesco. These have no sugar at all and low fat. I had these all the time last time I did the diet. They are recommended in one of my many gi books!

Thats how it will be for this evening anyway. I would really like to lose 3 stone by xmas.

Your food for today looks great with nice variety. I have tended to eat the same foods all the time but I don't get bored either. You are right on the PCOS being helped by GL. Patrick Holford recommends GL for it.
3 ST by XMas is doable if you can get good losses each week. You should definitely get two off. I have lost the best part of two since easter and I take no exercise and have not been mega strict on myself.

Another newbie! Just checking in and getting my subscription in :)
Look forward to reading another GI's diary as i need lots of ideas right now! :giggle:

I have a Rick Gallop book too.
I have seen the thompson book mentioned quite a few times, might be worth while investing in it. What one is best?

Anthony Worral Thompson's book is called GL Diet made simple. It is more of a recipe book and general info on GL.
The Rick Gallop book you have is similar to Nigel Denby's book, The GL Diet Made Easy.
Patrick Holford's GL Diet Bible is a very indepth one on the whole science bit etc of GL.
So it all depends on the type of reading you prefer. I'd suggest that you read some of the reviews of these and other GL books on amazon.co.uk. Amazon also lets you preview some pages on some books as well so you get a flavour of what they are like.

Hi guys

I actually really like the anthony worrall thompson book and I think the instructions in the beginning part of the book are quite good. I do have the Patrick Holford book too and Living the GI. Originally when I lose my 4st I only used Living the GI. I didnt cheat ever and hopefully this time I can do it again.

Been so busy today so my menu was as follows for today :

B: Omega 3 boiled egg x 2 and 1 slice of oat and seed bread with a light scraping of flora light

S: slices of cucumber, pepper and 2 tbsp of houmous (reduced fat)

L: New potatoes (4 smallish), salad and handful of largish prawns

S: irish yog from tesco

D: Cod fillet, broccolli, cauliflower, green beans

S: Seedy granola bar

If you keep going with fab menus like that, you will start knocking off the weight in no time.

Can we have new pots then in low gi? Just assumed pots were out x

Yep but in small quantities. I have swapped pots for quinoa or beans as I can have more of it. Half a jacket potato versus 50g quinoa or half a can mixed beans makes the choice easier for me. I'rather have the bulk. The pot wud just leave me wanting more.
When I eat out, I might have two or three baby pots.

I have read in Rick Gallops which I used before that new potatoes are ok about 3 or 4 but jackets are out and mash and chips and roast are out. No butter or sauce on the new pots. I wont have them every day either. Only 3 times a week max.

I want sugar!! Finding the sugar craving kicking in now. It usually takes 2 weeks for it to get out of my system. I might have to make my rick gallop pecan brownies. Which btw are orgasmic!!! LOL!

xxxx

Pecan Brownies .... do share the recipe!! ;)

Pecan Brownies
1 can (15 oz) cannellini, kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup skim milk
1/3 cup liquid egg
¼ cup soft non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
1 tbsp vanilla
½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup sugar substitute
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
½ cup toasted chopped pecans
  1. In food processor, puree beans until coarse. Add in milk, egg, margarine and vanilla and puree until smooth, scraping down sides a few times. Set aside.
  2. In large bowl combine flour, cocoa, sugar substitute, baking powder and salt. Pour bean mixture over flour mixture. Stir to combine. Scrape batter into parchment paper lined 8-inch square baking pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with pecans.
  3. Bake in 350F oven for about 18 minutes or until cake tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool on rack.
Makes 16 brownies.
Storage: These brownies need to covered with plastic wrap or cut and stored in airtight container for up to 4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks.

What's liquid egg?

Thanks molly! I was asleep! I just used columbus omega 3 eggs. Dont be put off my kidney beans you would never know they were in there. They are gorg. I use a good quality cocoa powder too and they make a good snack - dont have one at every snack though. Just one a day and freeze some and keep some in an airtight container. Apple Pie cookies are nice too! x

Ok so today woken with a real hunger. I am really hungry :(

I have had so far two slices of oat/seed bread with sliced tomatoes on and a yellow plum. Drinking lots of herbal tea and water and will get one of those drinks cyclebabe is talking about later if I get time.

I think for lunch pulses is on the menu to fill me up. Lots of little snacks of vegetables too.

Wish me luck for a good day! I dont want to break this. Byee

You know it is just your body craving the carbs as it is starting to detox.
I find for brekkie, unless I have porridge I will be hungry a short time later. It may sound boring but most mornings it is what I will have. Some mornings I hav a slice of wholemeal bread with some jam but I will feel peckish mid morning.
Drink plenty of water today as it will help with the hunger. You know if you go for the sarb rich foods it will make you hungrier still!! Keep at it, you will be back in the swing of it in no time.

So liquid eggs is just eggs beaten? Or is some sort of powder?! :giggle:

:)

Hello all

Day nearly over. My god I am tired today!!

Ok so far today :

B: 2 oat/seed slices of toast and slices of tomatoe with flora light

S: Half a myoplex Protein bar from Holland and Barrett

L: Huge salad with cous cous and mixed pulses and sautied tofu cubes

S: Natural yog, chopped apricot and about 10 brazil nuts

D: Veggie mixed grill. Consisting of, 1 poached egg, tomatoes grilled, mushrooms, 2 quorn sausages and 2 tbsp of baked beans, low sugar and salt.

S: Gonna have a yoghurt in a bit!

Cant wait for bed!

Back