Giving it another go

Ollipop1973

So I’ve decided to give Exante another go. Worked brilliantly before but unfortunately the joy of finally being slim was short lived and I put it all back on again. I’m not sure how long I’ll do this for? Either just long enough to kick myself into line or ( hopefully ) longer if I find it doable?
The first time I tried Exante I slipped into it easily and felt great. A couple of other times I tried I’ve felt angry, belligerent, grumpy and have put loads of obstacles and excuses in my own way. I’m starting tomorrow. I weigh 15st4lb. I know the next four to five days are going to be nothing more than s**t but fingers crossed I’ll stick to my guns and get into ketosis x

I totally get the cycle of getting it off / putting it on - I'm determined not to do that this time, but I think it's going to take some take some serious, like, work inside my own head (not just the diet) to figure out what is wrong with my approach to eating.

I think you definitely have to be in the right headspace for a VLCD - I had a few false starts before this current go and I cheated within the first week or made excuses, just like you said. I'm done with that nonsense though. And here's hoping your new attempt goes really well for you!

Thanks hopefully the time is NOW!!
I think I know what my problem is apart from having no will power. It’s that for the last twenty years plus I have read about every diet going so that as soon as I start one, another one with different rules or principles enters my head and I start doubting what I should be doing. With Exante I find once I get going I can block all that out. Good luck with your Exante too

Just wanna go to bed tbh.. Things to do indoors first but can’t seem to get off the couch.. It’s ok I know I’ll feel ok in a few days..
Hows your day been?

Yes, you just have to through muscle through the first days. To be honest, I just ended up having early nights or flopping in front of the TV. Audiobooks are good too if that's your thing. But definitely try to be kind to yourself as possible as your body adjusts.

Ugh 2nd day starting to feel a bit poo now!!
Granted I have not had 2nd pack yet but want to wait until 4 O clock just before I drive home from work 😬

Ack, I'm sorry, second day can be rough. But if you get through today and tomorrow you can spend the weekend curled up on the sofa being grumpy AF if you need to.

Hiya thanks for your reply. Your right just get through tonight and tomorrow. Might be in ketosis by then. Might take a bit longer as I had been Particularly carb heavy for ages prior to the diet. Feeling a bit better now.. Had some sweet n sour noodles.. I have to say after using boiling water then microwave twice as instructed I was surprised I didn’t have to wait until Christmas for them to cool down. If I was so hungry that I couldn’t wait I’d have prob got third degree burns. Had some patience and they were worth the wait. They are easily the nicest dinner pack. My only downside to today is I had an extra half pack of strawberry yog bar for pudding. If it means I’ll get through I figured it’s ok? 🙂

Hiya this is my 2nd day but I have done it a few times before. The first time I remember as a doddle and lots loads of weight. The others seemed really hard and I kept failing. How bout you?

You might get a bit of carb flu if you've been really carb heavy before staring the diet :(

And, yes, the noodles are really nice. I also enjoy the Dhal pot (despite having accidentally ordered 16 of them) - it's not over-spicy and actually tastes like real food. I mean, not amazing real food. But still real food.

Yeah as soon as my glycogen runs out I’ll definatly feel rough. I know from being on a ketogenic diet that as soon as that happens I can up my sodium pottasium and magnesium and it’ll be ok.
I love the dhal pots because of the packaging.

Wish you could buy decaffinated Coke Zero!
I’m having Coke Zero as a treat when I get in from work and then sleepy herbal tea to help me relax later ( in place of the normal wine )
Surely they are both just counteracting each other.

Day three 🙂 Feel ok this morning. Hope it lasts. Going to try and stick to my three packs today or I probably won’t ever get into ketosis.
Fridays are always tough especially at the beginning if your not in ketosis yet. 🙂

I'm not encouraging you to break the rules by any means, but plenty of VLCD diet plans run on 800 calories per day. So if you're having a super rough time at the beginning I'm sure it's better to do 4 or 3.5 packs than make yourself so miserable you break or cheat or give up.

BUT if your plan is to be on 3 packs a day and you can manage that today all the better!

To be honest, I always get anxious around weekends because there's so much scope for cheating/breaking/making stupid decisions. My work doesn't have a canteen or anything like that so if I want to cheat I have to leave the office and go to the shops which kind of usefully puts on the crimp on impulse-eating. But at the weekend because I tend to stay up later, I get hungrier, and of course there's the added temptation of having friends around or my partner ordering a takeover or whatever. I shouldn't whine, though, because I don't have children so I'm not expected to cook for my family or anything like that.

Yeah and 800 calories is still a tiny amount but I desperately want to get into ketosis so it’s easier in the long run. I could eat something else but If I do that I know I’ll lose momentum and come off altogether. I don’t want to moan either cos all of us on here have to go through the first hellish days. It’s ironic really cos on a Weekday I feel hungry all the time but on a weekend I might not even think about food until the afternoon. Think I’ll take your earlier advice of curling up on the sofa and getting through it. Have a good weekend

I think if you *absolutely have* to eat, it's better to take a product because at least it keeps you on track. But, as you say, it's way better to push through it and get into ketosis.

I'll be sending you all my best thoughts as you're curled on the sofa.

Back