Giving this a go, food diary.

Bernadette and mum

Maybe this will stop me snacking so much if I have to write it down!
Any advice or thoughts VERY welcome!!!

Breakfast-
Mint muller light, 2x alpen lights (HEB), and a big bowl of fruit salad.

Then snacked at 11am on a mint muller light, banana and a packet of velvet crunch (4 syns) :(

Lunch-
Big plate of pea curry with chicken and rice, and salad, was delicious! And a frozen muller light.

Then snacked on a small bag of snack a jacks (4.5 syns) and an ice lolly (2 syns)

Dinner-
Leftovers from lunch! And another frozen muller light.

Finished of with a hazelnut options<3 (2 syns)

Will try and do better tomorrow, 12.5 syns today!

Last edited:
U dont eat 2 much as long as u r eating because ur hungry and stopping once ur full.

Hi & Welcome to this website & SW! As you get into the plan you will soon find your way around, if you get stuck just ask, someone usually has the answer, remember we are all doing it for the same reason....
Best advice I can give is make a weekly menu then write a food diary so you can check when/if you have a sudden weight increase (or lose!) you can trace it.
It also helps with the overall cost of your food.If you have eaten the right food you will find that you dont need to snack between meals as you will still be full!
Good luck.
Pete

Haha just looking at everyone elses diaries and realising I eat FAR too much!!!

hi bernadetteandmum, i have been amazed in my first week, after calculating my syns etc, how much i was previously eating way too much pre SW!!:eek: i eat far more sensible portions, i dread to think where i would have come in on the syns before i started SW, it doesnt bear thinking about, it has really changed the way i think about food.
good luck in your SW journey, and welcome to the forum, it's a great site for advice, tips or just a natter!:D

Hi & Welcome to this website & SW! As you get into the plan you will soon find your way around, if you get stuck just ask, someone usually has the answer, remember we are all doing it for the same reason....
Best advice I can give is make a weekly menu then write a food diary so you can check when/if you have a sudden weight increase (or lose!) you can trace it.
It also helps with the overall cost of your food.If you have eaten the right food you will find that you dont need to snack between meals as you will still be full!
Good luck.
Pete

Thanks Pete, I am really enjoying SW so far! I tried making menus but find it very difficult sticking to them, too much snacking! Well done on your weight loss, amazing! :eek:

hi bernadetteandmum, i have been amazed in my first week, after calculating my syns etc, how much i was previously eating way too much pre SW!!:eek: i eat far more sensible portions, i dread to think where i would have come in on the syns before i started SW, it doesnt bear thinking about, it has really changed the way i think about food.
good luck in your SW journey, and welcome to the forum, it's a great site for advice, tips or just a natter!:D

Hahhahaha, I wouldn't like to know how many I had previously either! Thanks I am really enjoying it so far, just need to work on portion control and snacking when I'm not hungry!
I love this website, thinking about bringing it up in group if I can pluck up the courage! :p

Have had a better start today:)

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham and 3 extra light laughing cow triangles(1/2HEA), salad and a toffee muller light.

Was actually hungry this time! Snacked on a light slimming world bar(1/2HEB) and some grapes and pineapple.

Lunch- Made up a delicious curry; chickpeas, kidney beans, tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce, curry powder, chopped tomatoes, and powdered garlic with rice, was really yummy! + a frozen muller light. :D

Just had a slimming world bar, (1/2HEB) and a mint options (2 syns)

Dinner- leftovers from lunch with chicken and parsnips + slimming world chips and salad.

Options hot choco (2 syns) and homemade syn free ice cream.

Last edited:
WI today, slightly nervous! :(

Breakfast- Fruit salad and toffee muller light.

Lunch- apple, grapes, alpen light (3 syns), 2 slices of nimble bread (HEB) with 2 light laughing cow triangles (1/2HEA)

Snack- vanilla muller light.

Haven't posted in this in a while, keep forgetting! :(

Breakfast today: Had a biiig breakfast because it's a Sunday and I just couldn't help myself! First of all I had 2 scrambled eggs on toast (HEB) with tons of mushrooms. Then I had fruit salad with a muller light AND sweet chilli snack a jacks (4.5 syns). :sigh:

Lunch: slimming world chips and salad, orange muller light.

Snack: apple

Finished off with some syn free ice cream mixed with an options sachet (2 syns) and half a packet of cadbury buttons (4 syns) and a bowl of fruit salad.

Syns today : 10.5

Last edited:
Back