giving up the drink

fillymum said:
Well done, another day behind you.

Soon you will stop counting the days and it will be second nature for you not to have a drink.

We had a glass or two of wine on Sunday evening after a long and very busy days work, and do you know, for the first time since I stopped, I would have preferred a glass of slimline tonic.

Pat yourself on the back Alfiesmum. You are getting there.

Thanks. Ive decided that when i go out or family and friends are drinking im going to have a Cheeky pineapple juice instead. Still synable obviously but better ones. Or a diet lemonade with lime xx

How are you doing ??

I'll join you on this one Hun. Can never have just a glass... Always finish the bottle and such a waste of syns! Could be another reason I'm a slow loser. I include it in my syns but have always had better losses if I cut it out altogether. 4 weeks till my holiday so abstaining till then :0)

I have already joined :)
Stopped all alcohol when I joined SW. Makes such a difference, feel brighter and better and shed weight on the way.
Not that I was drinking all the time or every day, but when I was I would always have more than the one can/glass.
So, well done all of us. :clap:
Jill x

Woo hoo - well done alfsmummy11 and everyone else who has joined in!.....and thank you for starting this thread! :D

Last night was a true test for me - Thursday night - what I used to see as the beginnng of the weekend :rolleyes:- always meant a ROUGH Friday at work with minimal work being carried out. I passed the test and today I am bright as a button. :D Not a drop passed my lips and I wasn't even that bothered! Now……the weekend to contend with

Have a good (sober) one everyone xx

Katerpillar said:
Woo hoo - well done alfsmummy11 and everyone else who has joined in!.....and thank you for starting this thread! :D

Last night was a true test for me - Thursday night - what I used to see as the beginnng of the weekend :rolleyes:- always meant a ROUGH Friday at work with minimal work being carried out. I passed the test and today I am bright as a button. :D Not a drop passed my lips and I wasn't even that bothered! Now……the weekend to contend with

Have a good (sober) one everyone xx

Arggggghhhhhh almost just went pub after work and then i remembered Hahahahahahahahahahahaha xx

:worthy: Aahhh, forgive me diet, for I have sinned.
No, not really, but had a JD and Pepsi Maxx last night, had a terrible day and I still had syns left :eek:
Didn't enjoy it though - gave me heartburn.

hexe said:
:worthy: Aahhh, forgive me diet, for I have sinned.
No, not really, but had a JD and Pepsi Maxx last night, had a terrible day and I still had syns left :eek:
Didn't enjoy it though - gave me heartburn.

Haha. You are forgiven x

Arggggghhhhhh almost just went pub after work and then i remembered Hahahahahahahahahahahaha xx

Looks like you are doing really well alfsmummy11. Well done!

Alcohol is an odd one for me - I now very very rarely drink at home and don't miss it at all. On some occassions when I have planned to have a glass of wine at the weekend I have ended up realising I didn't really feel like it and having a cup of tea or a glass of coke zero instead!
Going out is a whole other matter. I was very worried going out would be very very boring and I would feel like a party-pooper (this is despite the fact that my husband has never drunk alcohol at all and always seems to have a good time) without drinking but I actually managed to go out last night and drink nothing at all and had a really good time. I was very surprised! Not sure if I will manage a second night out tonight without drinking at all but it now seems more of a possibility than i have ever thought it would be before. :)

Atomic pink said:
Looks like you are doing really well alfsmummy11. Well done!

Alcohol is an odd one for me - I now very very rarely drink at home and don't miss it at all. On some occassions when I have planned to have a glass of wine at the weekend I have ended up realising I didn't really feel like it and having a cup of tea or a glass of coke zero instead!
Going out is a whole other matter. I was very worried going out would be very very boring and I would feel like a party-pooper (this is despite the fact that my husband has never drunk alcohol at all and always seems to have a good time) without drinking but I actually managed to go out last night and drink nothing at all and had a really good time. I was very surprised! Not sure if I will manage a second night out tonight without drinking at all but it now seems more of a possibility than i have ever thought it would be before. :)

Wow well done!!! that is an achievement!!! im on day 7 and i do feel better and im not at all missing it either xx

Wow well done!!! that is an achievement!!! im on day 7 and i do feel better and im not at all missing it either xx

You will be amazed at how good you do feel without it. I now drink the slimline tonic without the gin....delish. I still enjoy myself and in fact even today I was asked what I was on because they wanted some too. My reply " Life, I am just on the joy of life ". I think they thought I was a bit of a nut.....do I care .....no not at all.
I am slimmer, happier, and better off financially.

You keep up the good work.........

You will be amazed at how good you do feel without it. I now drink the slimline tonic without the gin....delish. I still enjoy myself and in fact even today I was asked what I was on because they wanted some too. My reply " Life, I am just on the joy of life ". I think they thought I was a bit of a nut.....do I care .....no not at all.
I am slimmer, happier, and better off financially.

You keep up the good work.........

The better off financially definitely strikes a cord - I only spent £2:20 last night and didn't get in until 3am!

Its been a week since ive had a drink!!! i feel fab....no hangovers and more energy. Ive been waking up at 6.30 before even my sin and ive had the time to do stuff!!! ive even been for a run this week lol xx

Its been a week since ive had a drink!!! i feel fab....no hangovers and more energy. Ive been waking up at 6.30 before even my sin and ive had the time to do stuff!!! ive even been for a run this week lol xx

When I am on no booze I also find myself waking up early and geting lost done its fab. You also kind of feel smug when you know there are many people in the world suffering hangovers!!!

Welldone on your week x

Back