Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

giving up the drink

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by alfsmummy11, 13 March 2011 Social URL.

1. alfsmummy11

alfsmummy11 Silver Member

Ok im not an Alchi just drinking when bored or stressed with my terrible 2s toddler. Im a single mum and drink about 3 times a week usually a lil bottle of wine last(mini ones) or a beer. Not tonnes but last night i had four!!!!!

Feel so tied ill and cold today :-((. so im giving up for 4 weeks at least....

Does anyone wanna join me or support me?? ive picked a bad time as my grans funeral tomoz but im determined xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dryads

dryads Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.16%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I gave up for 2 weeks but had a little drink last night. I used to drink 2 or 3 times a week not a lot - but its amazing the difference and really helped with the weight loss. A lot of people call alcohol liquid fat.

Good luck xxx

4. alfsmummy11

Thanks.... I feel stale. Im goin to go home and think about why i drink and find other things to do. Im going to join an abs blaster class i think xx

5. dryads

dryads Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.16%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    No problem - the times I know I would have a drink I replaced the drink with a diet drink or a cuppa.

6. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hiya

I can relate with the terrible 2's my son is being a wee terror at the moment & I really really admire you being a single Mum & dealing with it yourself no wonder you have a wee drink. Don't be too hard on yourself as you don't drink an awful lot. I'd drink a huge bottle not a mini one lol

As said above maybe drink some diet drinks instead.

Also my thoughts & hugs are with you for tomorrow, hope you get through the day ok & don't be hard on yourself if you have a few drinks. You can always stop on Tuesday.

Love to you XXX

7. alfsmummy11

Ohhhhh thanks hun. Yeah its hard but its all ive ever known. My family help out Sooo much n i cope. Going to be harder when i start uni in Sept...then i May be an Alchi Haha xx

8. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    Hi hun..sorry for your loss :( ill join u, well ive given it up already ( for now!) but if u need a bit of support or a chat im here :)

9. tulip85x

tulip85x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry for your loss hun :(

I'm also going tee total for a little while (til my holiday 23rd May) Feel free to give a nudge if you need a chat :) x x

10. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear about your gran :( x

I think that's a great challenge to set yourself. Maybe you could put aside the money you would have spent on wine/beer away each week and at the end of the four weeks treat yourself to a new top or a beauty treatment like a manicure or something :D

I think the main reason I put all the weight on in the first place was due to the drink - I used to go out EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night without fail, and I don't get drunk easily, I used to drink two large bottles of wine per night, so the weight just piled on!

I've stopped all that now, but I do enjoy a few glasses of wine on a Friday night, but now I keep a food diary where I list all my syns, and I take a look at the 40 odd syns I consume (due to the drink) on Fridays and ask myself is it even worth it???

Good luck!!! :D

11. chiefbridesmaid

chiefbridesmaid Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(22.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thurs-sunday Sounds like a good time to me!!! Ok I'm with you on this one guys, I had given up since Xmas but my brother got married yesterday and I'm in Spain and got really over excited about paying 0.97c for a bottle of wine that I indulged.. ALOT!!

Feeling Like a big pile of poo now and basically feel like a big lump of lard.. Sooo not worth it and all the rubbish I ate today because I was hungover!!

Anyway I'll stop complaining and join you in this challenge... Must repeat over and over : My body is a temple!!
    Good luck Girlies!! X

12. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just find that the benefits of not drinking alcohol are so great that I list those if I feel like a drink.

I sleep better, I feel better, I am fitter, I lose weight, I have more money.

Hope today is as good as it can be for you.

hugs xxx

13. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi ya,

I can really sympathize with you as my grandad died in January - terrible time.
    Wish you a lot of strengh, especially at day of funeral xx
    When I started SW, I did away with all the alcoholic drinks straight away. Hubbie is in HM Forces and posted away and I am on my own (well, not really as I have got two kids) a lot and I guess I had the regular pint of lager or half bottle of wine simply out of boredom.
    To be honest, I thought it would be very hard for me not to touch alcohol, but it was incredibly easy - really. And with regards to the positive benefits, I agree with Sue (fillymum) a 100%.
    Best wishes,
    Jill x

14. alfsmummy11

Sounds like my situation. Im not going funeral as me and my son are ill also:-((

15. alfsmummy11

Day 1- no drink yesterday xx

16. hexe

hexe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can do it. :)
    Good start. Instead of drinking alcohol,I bought a selection of herbal and fruit teas. Now instead of wine testing, I do tea testing at night.
    Hope you and your little one will feel better soon. I also hope this day will pass quickly for you. xx

17. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Losin the baby weight :-)

Start Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think I will join you in this one hun!

I have been thinking about this for a while now and have I am slowly drinking less! I also am not a total alchi! :eek: :eek: but I do like a glass of wine on a night and when I go out I seem to go way overboard and then the next day I get the hangover munchies = SW out the window :break_diet:

I am a bit fed up of repeating the same old cycle now so I am going to cut the alcohol out until my 30th birthday on 7th April!......and then I will be celebrating sliding (dis)gracefully into my 3rd decade = drink required :D

So, I am going to very definitely try to be with you 100% for the next 3 weeks and 3 days! Good luck xx

18. alfsmummy11

Yay another recruit. Im a complete idiot when im drunk. Im suprised ive never been killed or raped. Ive only been hammered 3 times since having my son (who is 2 in April/ but the quilt is out of this world. I don't need or want that xx

19. alfsmummy11

Day 2~ clean as a whistle xxxxx

20. ShinyShimmy

ShinyShimmy Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLC
    Sorry for your loss {{{hugs}}} ....... and also good luck giving up the demon drink, ive limited myself to once a month now :D xxxx

21. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done, another day behind you.

Soon you will stop counting the days and it will be second nature for you not to have a drink.

We had a glass or two of wine on Sunday evening after a long and very busy days work, and do you know, for the first time since I stopped, I would have preferred a glass of slimline tonic.

Pat yourself on the back Alfiesmum. You are getting there.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.