1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

giving up

Discussion in 'Quit Smoking' started by Fedupwelshgirl, 26 January 2013 Social URL.

1. Fedupwelshgirl

Fedupwelshgirl Well-Known Member

Ive decided im going to give up smoking have tryed before but only lasted 5 days. All tips/advice welcome :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. FionaMcd

FionaMcd Well-Known Member

Champix?? My husband has been off them for 6 months now with help of e cig x

4. Fedupwelshgirl

Thank you will give it a go ;)

5. FionaMcd

FionaMcd Well-Known Member

No problem.. The NHS stop smoking clinics are very good :)

6. MissVLX

MissVLX Active Member

Champix is good my other half is using that. Im going cold turkey. I found that when i have tried to give up before others were pushing me into it etc, however this time it was soley my decision i woke up and decided that was it i was feed up having to spray myself in perfume because noone else at work smoked and brush my teeth again and wash my hands every time i had one. the first few days are the hardest butonce you get through them you start to not think about it. I also did things to replace the time i would have them the first week the house was spotless!! now i go running, walk the dog, swimming, meet friends which is easier as not many of them smoke. I also started slimming world again before i started to put on weight my first weigh in is next week and when i gave up smoking to now i only put on a pound so it wasnt too bad but pounds make stones. You could also try getting the nhs non smoking app or go online and read about it and focus on the timeline to help you get through it plus it has interesting facts :) hope that helps a little

7. My advice would be go your Doctors and see a nurse for stopping smoking. Not only do you get patches/gum/inhalator/spray or champix. You will also have weekly appointments to keep up to and it will give you a goal.

Good luck with that I'm planning to give up on Thursday ! (he said quietly...)

8. Fedupwelshgirl

Well i haven't managed to give up completely yet but have cut down. Ive decided that tomorrow is the day. Im going to try and go cold turkey as i don't smoke that much in the day but it's the evening that i struggle with if that doesn't work i will go to my doctors and see about getting champix as alot of people ive spoken too have suggested them. ;)

9. Fedupwelshgirl

Well i am able to say that i haven't had a cig all day,so im really pleased with myself as im dieting aswell.:sigh:

10. Fedupwelshgirl

Well 3 days of no smoking and eating healthly and I must admit I feel great :D

11. 1goldingoap

1goldingoap Well-Known Member

hi i gave up .by just stopping .took oneday at a time .i took up doing cross stich.as i couldent smoke .with my hands full .helped me to stop eating junk as well.lol .i havent had any for five years now .the first two months .were hardest to do .you can do it .lorna x

12. Fedupwelshgirl

Day 4 of not smoking must of been the hardest so far. I was in so much pain that all i wanted to do was smoke and eat but i managed to refrain from the smoking which took amazing amounts of willpower so im very proud of myself but the not eating i could only hold off til about 9pm. Im hoping im not going to have many more days like that. :(

13. 1goldingoap

well done for doing that .it will get better as you on .in a while you will .even forget that .you ever smoked .keep it up .lorna :flowers:

14. Fedupwelshgirl

Well it been 6 days now and i must admit I haven't even wanted too smoke appart from when i was in huge amount of pain. So im very pleased.

15. 1goldingoap

realy good .it will soon be a week gone bye..then two .do you have anyone smoking at home .ao it .s that makes it harder .mind you if you can do it with them still smoking .it shows how strong willed you are .keep up the good work .lorna x:flowers:

16. Fedupwelshgirl

When i gave up my husband was still smoking but he hasn't smoking now for 2 days:)

17. Fedupwelshgirl

Well it been a week now and im really pleased that ive manged to give up. It hasn't been anywhere near as bad as i was expecting and i feel so much better for it. :party0049:

18. lass321

lass321 Well-Known Member

Well done everyone who are stopping smoking - I admire your determination to achieve a new healthy you!

19. 1goldingoap

you are doing great .my husbond .cant even give up for a day .so i think its good yours is trying .soon you will .feel as if your breathing is better as well .keep up the good work .lorna :clap:

20. Itoy & Suerti

Itoy & Suerti Life is what you make it

well done!!! i was smoking for as long as I remember - then my pregnant sister moved in and I quit within 2 months! Is easy - yet hard... if that makes sense! you've done awesome !! :D

21. Fedupwelshgirl

Im still going strong can't even say i want to smoke now. my breath feels better although i didn't think there was anything wrong with it before and also my sleep pattern is better:)