Giza's reluctant diary...!

Hehe nightmare, BG write something on the dulcoease thread I have no idea what all the letters meant! Lol thanks Giza xx

Do you mean what I wrote on the fibre thread? IYKWIM

If You Know What I Mean :)

Do you mean what I wrote on the fibre thread? IYKWIM

If You Know What I Mean

Thats it BG thank you - I feel like a thickie! You're a star BG :-D x

Just wanted to jump on here briefly (I'm supposed to be studying..) to rave about S & S soups. They often get a poor review, and in the case of Mr Tom Soup, deservedly so, but omg (that's "Oh My Gawd" CK hee hee!!!! Cheeky)! the vegetable soup is bloody lovely. I could wallow in its creaminess (steady Giza....). Seriously, there are levels upon levels of flavour, I can taste the herbs, the veggies, it's all v. french, ooh la, bloody la!

STS this morning but that's ok. Feeling heaps better thanks Scottie, great in fact, nay, I might use the word euphoric, hello Ketosis!!! xx

Intake:
Porridge & 1 teasp. of Selenium! (Sunflower seeds) 1 litre water
Vegetable Soup 1 cup tea with 2 tab. sweeteners
2 x black coffees fizzy water
Mushroom soup
1 litre water
Another tea (earl grey) with sweeteners
1 Coke Zero

Last edited:
Its funny how different people like the different things!! Tara can't stand the veg soup! - I have one pack but I am scared to try it after her bad press lol!!

I really don't like the spag bol at all - I swapped all my packs!! Everyone else seems to rave about it!

And Mini doesn't like the crispy choc shakes.....I have two a day! I think the taste is far superior to the normal choc shake which now tastes really chemically to me!!
xx

I don't mind any of the soups except tomato - yuk, love all milkshakes except banana but it's still drinkable and love spag Bol and chili. The cottage pie is growing on me now I am adding things to it.

Its funny how different people like the different things!! Tara can't stand the veg soup! - I have one pack but I am scared to try it after her bad press lol!!

I really don't like the spag bol at all - I swapped all my packs!! Everyone else seems to rave about it!

BG said something on another thread, Scotbean about how you start off liking/disliking something and then over time, your tastes change. I think that is true. My issue is I really REALLY like all the soups and shakes. I've started making them up a bit thicker, as I began by adding more than recommended water to the blend. I drink more water after, as I'm now imagining gallstones gathering force with the thicker mix going in! Daft, I know!

Hi babe, FYI I found selenium tablets in the Vitamins Results Shop in Avenues - was in Carrefour searching high and low for boullion, gonna bring some low sodium bouillon back from tescos - if you want some Let me know xxx

I'm not really a soup person but do quite like the vegetable. Guess everyone's tastes are different.

Been shopping my wardrobe in between working on a piece on Egyptian headrests and sleep! (frequent breaks help). Size 20 BHS cotton trousers fit snugly after two possible three years? Still in fashion, phew. Evans 22-24 top fits nicely too. Whoopee, and double Whoopee. I have an entire selection of 18-20s waiting, barely worn. Must start circulating them before some are too big... did I say "Whoopee" loudly enough?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Giza! You'd better get them circulating coz in my reckoning - you're zipping past the 18-20 and into the 16s my lovely :-D xx

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Also I never ordered any soups because having them on Exante put me off for a lifetime. The way you describe the veg soup makes me want one, NOW lol xx

Yeah, keep trying those too small clothes on as they will fit all of a sudden and be too big all of a sudden too! I missed out on wearing clothes last time I did a VLCD, and I've done it this time too!

Another 1lb down teammates and am I chuffed? Yes, I bloody well am...Go me!!!!!!! But the cold hand of reality has a nasty habit of walking up behind us and tapping us on the shoulder. For some reason, while channel surfing I came across an american reality TV show called Celebrity Boot camp, where they put these 'barely' famous celebs into a fat camp. Most of them I'd never seen in my pip; one was Bobby Brown that singers wife beating hubbie, another was a once skinny blond gel from Bay Watch and one off project runway, which I've heard of but never seen. Anyhoo, BB was the same weight as me at first way in, well a bit heavier 199 lbs and that was BEFORE boot camp. It really threw me for a minute as he looked huge. So, reality check. I still have a way to go and this isn't me being a Debbie Downer but just reminding myself that this is no time to get cocky Giza, day at a time, fat pharaoh, day at a time!!

1 porridge
1 litre water
1 Soup
1 bar
2 litres water

Last edited:
Well done on your loss babe! Yes I watched the same programme and recorded it to show the OH as I am heavier than most of them! I looked at them- them at me- then at them??? Confused - BB looks huge and I am still heavier and the dude from skid row - all the girls were lighter than me except one! Clearly my height is helping me out considerably - didn't like the way the doc looked so disgusted with them But did like the portion control info - an inch around the plate food no higher than 1/2 inch!xxx

People always look heavier on the TV tho Giza (or so they say).

Well done on the loss - another lb nearer to goal xx

Just to say that I'm sorry I've been not been posting so much here recently. It is so rewarding to dip in and out but it's taking too much time keeping up with everyone so I'm signing off today and wishing you all the very best. I really have enjoyed sharing the start of this journey with you all and wish you all the very best of everything as your weight loss journeys continue. It's been a blast and has got me through some tricky times!

My S & S journey will continue. There is no way I'm not sticking firm to this programme, it really works. I know it's not easy and some weeks are just bloody unfair but it works.

Good luck to everyone and an especially huge "thank you" to BG for getting to the 12s in time for my signing off (not on purpose!!! but it has given me a boost) AND to CK who will continue to be the best support a fat pharaoh needs.

Good luck to you all - you are the best!!!!!

Awwww, gonna miss you Giza! Loved your sense of humour and would love to hear from you sometimes and share your success. All the best xxx

Good luck with your weight loss journey if things calm down and you have more time pop by and say hi :)

Yes, don't sign off Giza, just say TTFN, and drop by occasionally and let us know how you're doing xx

Back