Gizmo's SW and Fitness diary

Didn't make it to the gym this morning. But I did take the grenade tablet and it worked! Had no cola today, and I've had loads of energy all day. It's just going now. Think i'm ready for bed lol. Had a non-stop day at work (probably done enough exercise because of that). I'm sooo glad I have lasagne waiting at home ready to be stuck in microwave.

Failed miserably today :sigh: The lasagne was horrible after it had been frozen so couldn't eat it and have thrown away all the rest of the portions in the freezer. Then binged on chocolate, as I didn't have time/energy to cook anything else. I just wanna sleep but i'm staying up to watch Game of Thrones at 10. Hopefully the tiredness will mean I get a decent nights sleep for once.

Just worked out how much weight I need to lose each week in order to reach either 13st or target weight by the time I go to South Africa in October. If I wanna get to 13st, I need to lose just over 2lbs each week. If I want to get to target then I need to lose just over 3lbs per week. It's doable I guess. I just need to work hard at it.

Hey girl,

Cool that the Grenade tablets worked! Have never heard of them before. Could they be why you felt low energy yesterday though? Like an energy 'come down' or something?

How annoying about the lasagne being no good defrosted :( I managed to burn a batch of bolognese I left cooking for ages today- accidentally left it on notch 2 instead of 1 for a few hours and think I've probably ruined that non stick pan too, grr.

Your target (11st) may be a bit hard to reach in 6 months, purely because we all have off weeks even if we stick to plan- * week can ruin a couple of weeks of weight loss sometimes, so you can't guarentee 2lbs a week (and of course it slows down as you get closer to goal). But imagine being 4st lighter or so- it'll still feel amazing, right?!

Great that you exercise in the morning, I think it would kill me to get out of bed and know I have to head to the gym :/ am so not a morning person! How's your food diary going this week? x

I don't think it was a energy come down. I was fine the next day. I think it was because we were operating for most of the day and had loads of consults as well. I was running around developing xrays as well. Just was a non-stop day.

I'm not going to aim for 11st by october. I think 13st would be nice. Will just be happy with whatever I can get I think. As long as i'm lighter than I am now.

The food plan didn't work this week. With the lasagne not being right and going over my syns, it went all wrong. I've sorted out a plan for the next week. and I can't really afford to go off plan, trying to stick to a budget so once i've bought everything i need it doesn't leave much left over. I've worked out that the lasagne I used to make is 11.5 syns if I use the kerry low low grated cheese as a healthy extra. I can make a load up and freeze the extra portions. I think it was the yogurt and egg white sauce that made the lasagne inedible after being frozen. I don't mind using all those syns on one meal, coz if I snack on chocolate and things then I tend to binge. I'm going to try to go a week without chocolate. If I can get through a week 100% with no chocolate, then I will treat myself to a kindle book next weekend :)

Had a 100% day today :) Not eating anything else now so I can get an early night. I'm on call tonight and tomorrow night so want to try to make the most of what free time I do have tomorrow (10am-4pm).

Food for today:

Breakfast: Weetabix and semi-skimmed milk, (HEX A and B), plus cup of tea.
Lunch: Spag bol (9 syns)
Dinner: Eggs, chips and beans with chip spice (yum! not had chip spice in years!)
Snacks: Banana, baked stars (5 syns) and 3 x cherry diet coke.

Made a huge batch of spag bol today and managed to get 9 meals out of it, including lunch today. So the rest are in the freezer. I should be using 2 of those over the week, so hopefully that will be a lot of next weeks meals sorted as well. Tomorrow I will be making a lasagne, using kerry low low cheese as a healthy extra. So that will give me 4 meals, 3 of which will go straight in the freezer. Also have frozen a few slices of wholemeal bread, coz there is no way I will be using a whole loaf of it.

I was naughty and still had cola, but I didn't use my syns on the regular stuff. Didn't take a grenade coz i'm trying to only use them during the week and I needed some caffeine. I don't want to drink any cola during the week. And I found some chocolate I didn't know about so I'm going to have those on the days that I will be having a 'free' stir-fry. That's only on weds and friday so hopefully I will manage. If I manage a 100% week then I'll let myself buy either the 2nd ender's game book (the film of the 1st book comes out in October :D) or the next true blood book that I need to read. Depends on which I feel like reading at the time.

I've been looking at videos on youtube about Sharks and the place I will be going to in October, and it's helped to get me motivated. I can't wait. It's only about 6 months away, eek!! Not that long really, considering how fast the years gone already. I really want to be thinner and fitter by the time I go. Which I can be if I stick to the plan! Sharks are my favourite animals and i've wanted to do this for years. I even have a tattoo of one! Really can't wait to dive with the great whites :D

7lbs lost :D had chocolate binges on a few days in the last week so really didn't think i'd lose that much! Means I've lost 1st 1lbs in 4 weeks :) Forgot to say in the last few posts but my clothes do feel looser.

The last 2 days have been good, I haven't gone over with my syns at all. I seem to do better on a weekend :confused: I really want to have a good week this week to see what I can do when I don't have random binges.

Re: Time to lose the weight for good!

7lbs is AMAZING!!! Well done! I've never seen a 7- well jelly ;)

I read on the forum somewhere that there's a dolmios white sauce for lasagne that isnt too bad for the syns- look it up maybe as it could save you half of those syns probably for any desired choc binges ;)

Congrats again on the -7, just the kind of loss you need to boost your moral- a few more of those and maybe your goal isnt so out of the questiom by oct!! X

*just looked up the dolmio lasagne white sauce and it's 23 syns- not sure how far that goes but surely it's the main syns in a lasagne so if you split it into 5 portions it would be 4 syns each! Might be nice... I'm going to try it!

:happy096: base on your mini goals, only two are left that needs to be done. So it's a no sweat for you since you are able to accomplished four already. What you need now is a constant motivation to continue accomplishing your mini goals, just be patient and focus. It's also a good thing that you not only get used to the healthy foods you eat but you enjoy it as well (that's a very important factor to stick into the diet you chose). Also, you can pair up your diet plan with some exercise or activities that you enjoy doing like you can jog or even simply doing a one hour badminton with some friends for example. Keeping your food intake healthy and balance, plus being active definitely make wonders in leveling up your body's ability to burn the unnecessary calories and fats. I'm sharing this to you because I personally do this and it works for me so hopefully it will also the same for you. Good luck :)

7lbs is AMAZING!!! Well done! I've never seen a 7- well jelly ;)

I read on the forum somewhere that there's a dolmios white sauce for lasagne that isnt too bad for the syns- look it up maybe as it could save you half of those syns probably for any desired choc binges ;)

Congrats again on the -7, just the kind of loss you need to boost your moral- a few more of those and maybe your goal isnt so out of the questiom by oct!! X

Thanks. It's definately given me motivation to be good.

I worked out the lasagne for 4 portions using both sauces plus a tin of tomato soup and it came to 11.5 syns for the lot. I put some low low grated cheese on there as I can count that as my healthy extra. It was yummy. I'd rather use my syns on tasty meals rather than little snacks if I can. Then i'm not looking for something to snack on after.

4th 100% day in a row, yay! I can fit chocolate in tomorrow, so don't really want any now. Had the frozen lasagne today and it was yummy, much better than the inedible stuff I made last time. Also haven't had any fizzy drinks yesterday or today and I feel fine :) Not really craving any. I know I can have some at the weekend if I want to. I'm just taking it one day at a time now, much easier that way.

Since I reached the 1 stone loss yesterday, I treated myself to a kindle book. 'The Fear' by Charlie Higson. It's the 3rd book in 'The Enemy' series, which are a young adult series about Zombies. They are some of the best books I've read. Very gory. Would be interesting if they ever made them into a film. I seem to be reading/listening to lots of zombie books lately. Just finished the 2nd enemy book, read 'Warm Bodies' before that (still not seen the film) and listening to 'World War Z' on audiobook as I've got a free trial of audible. If I get a 100% week then I will still treat myself to one of the other books I said before.

Currently watching 'The Hobbit'. I love this film! Loved the book but I'm glad they added loads of things to the film. The book was kind of short and wouldn't have made a very exciting movie. Still haven't read all of the LOTR books yet. Have read the first one, but they aren't the easiest of books to read.

I've also booked tickets to see 'Oblivion' on Saturday. The trailers looked really good. The annoying thing is that I've been waiting for 2 free cineworld tickets to come through after doing a free trial of NowTV. I got told they may not arrive until the end of the month, they arrived half an hour after I booked the tickets but I will be going again so can just use them then.

So far 5 100% days and day 6 going well so far. Haven't wanted to binge. I've always eaten for comfort before. I think I've just needed to get used to the fact that I don't need to eat to make me happy, or whenever I get hungry. SW doesn't actually feel like a proper diet, I seem to be eating loads, even if its salad, fruit etc.

Managed to get through 7 days 100% :D I don't want to eat any more today as I want to go to bed earlyish tonight. I'll buy the book that I've earned for getting through the week when I finish the book I'm reading now. I also managed to stick to my meal plans for the week! :) Have made my meal plan for the next week so hopefully I can stick to it.

I had a sneaky WI this morning and it showed +2lb. Hope it's not like that on Monday. I have a feeling the 7lb loss last time was to do with being after totm. As long as the weight is going I will be happy.

My next mini goal is to go to the gym at least 3 times in a week. I'll try this next week. I know I can't go on Wednesday as I have to have a blood test in the morning. The reward for completing it will be another book.

Congrats on 100% week! Must feel fab!?
Ignore.the cheeky look on the scales, our bodies change so much throughout the week and you've been 100% so should expect a nice loss! -7lbs is insane though, have never been over a -5 myself, so you might have a sts or low njmber to follow that but fingers crossed for something great! My *week messed me around a lot recently, had a really heavy one and took ages to balance out. Really hope for a good loss on Mon before I go away as I hear flying messes with weight, grr.

Those Zombie books sound great- am going to look into them! I love zombie films but have never read them. The Warm bodies film was great.

Have you thought about getting a cineworld pass? At £15 it pays for itsself if you see two movies a month, think it is an amazing deal- we go all the time!

Good luck with WI, keep at the 100%- you're doing fab! X

Yeah, it feels great that I haven't gone over with my syns and I don't actually want to. I think I've figured out why it showed a gain. TOTM again! :mad: It only stopped just over a week ago. I've been on a different pill for the last few months because of my weight. I was happy with the one before but I was too heavy for it. This one I take continuously and I never know when TOTM will happen. I liked the control before, knowing when to expect it and being able to stop it if I needed to. I want to be able to stop it in October as I will be away for 3 weeks, including all the travelling. I'll be diving with Sharks a lot and stuck on a boat for most of the day. Not really the best time for it. So I really want to go back on the other type of pill and the only way to do that is to lose the weight. I'm gonna stop the one I'm on, as it is useless for me. The main reason I take them is to help with period pains. So I may have a funny couple of weeks but hopefully it will settle down once my body gets used to not taking it.

I never read any book about Zombies before these. I can't wait to see World War Z, even though it looks nothing like the book.

I looked into the unlimited pass but I actually save more just booking online as I get 10% off.

Saw Oblivion last night and loved it! I thought it was a bit slow at first but then it got really good towards the end. I think it's one of the best films I've seen in a while. Not perfect but still a great film. Probably liked it as much as I liked Equilibrium which is an awesome film. I loved the music in it as well. I'm going to pre-order it when I can.

I tried about 6 pills last year and none of them agreed with me- in the end the doctor said maybe they just dont suit me, but I'm guessing it's weight related. I have PCOS and suffer horrible cramps from that which leave me screaming! Luckily havent seen much of them since I stopped the pill in the summer, but they used to make me scared to do anything half the month in case I'd end up writing on the floor in agony while out somewhere. :S
Hope you can lose the weight for the pill you get on with by your hol.have you tried others too?
At least you know your gain was from TOTM and not your fault! I put on 3lbs this month on it, period lasted a whole week and the weight was only just off a week after that- argh! So not the motivation we need, eh?
X

+1lb but I was expecting more because of how I'm feeling this morning. Don't think the last time was actually it, it is definitely that time now though :sigh: Not going to take any more of the pill now, the only one I've been happy with was the one they took me off. So that's more motivation to lose the weight as I want to go back on it. Was really motivated last night to get up and go to the gym, but with the pains I didn't want to get out of bed. I've taken some strong painkillers so hopefully I'll get through the day at work. I usually get really bad migraine type headaches and I can feel one starting so hopefully I've taken the painkillers in time. I was wondering why I was really craving chocolate the last few days, I survived though!! 9 100% days in a row and I don't want to stop unless I need to, and I guess if I'm going out for meals then I can plan a few extra syns so I'll be fine.

Just got an email from SW to say I've been added to the hall of fame on the website as Slimmer of the week for last week. My name is on there =D will be adding that badge to my sig later today. I do SW online so didn't think I could get slimmer of the week.

Had a really long exhausting day. Started off with the gym. Grenade tablets really work. I've never pushed myself like that at the gym!! I wanted to stop early, but made myself get to 1km, or 5 more minutes, etc. I made myself do 5 minutes on the bike going above a certain speed, wasn't easy. I even jogged for just under a minute on the treadmill, but stopped as my leg was starting to cramp. I started of with the cross-trainer and pushed myself to go for 5 mins when I usually can only managed 2 mins. My legs felt like jelly after. It was worth it though. I felt like I had more energy during the day, but feel exhausted now as it was non-stop, had several operations in the morning and then an emergency caesarian in the afternoon. I enjoy my job though. I have been so much happier in the last few months than I have been in the last few years. I hated feeling depressed. I feel the opposite now. Life is finally going in the right direction. :)

I've treated myself to some new trainers for the gym as the ones I have were hurting me today. It was a reward for getting Slimmer of the Week. That's really motivated me, I want another one!! :p Hopefully the trainers will arrive tomorrow so I can use them at the gym on thurs. I'm not going to the gym tomorrow as I have a blood test in the morning for my thyroid. Will make myself go on Thursday do. Feel much better when I do go. :)

Been to the gym 3 times this week so have completed another goal :D I'm deffo going to continue going to the gym as I feel much happier and have more energy during the day. Plus I love the feeling after a good work out. Esp the tight feeling in my abs after doing crunches and sit ups. The weekends are my rest days so no gym for the next 2 days. And no gym on Tues as I will be working in the morning and going to see Enter Shikari that night :) But I'm going to aim to go 4 times next week!

I'm up to 13 100% days now and I don't intend on stopping yet. I feel satisfied during the day with what I'm eating. Still having chocolate treats each day. I've found eating celery sticks as a snack keeps me satisfied in between meals. There's no way I want to go back to the way I was before I started SW. I feel healthier and happier already :)

Back