Gizmo's SW and Fitness diary

I think I really need to stop having sneak peeks at my weight, I've gained 2 more lbs when I checked this morning! I've not cheated and have been to the gym 3 times in the last week. I'm hoping it's just water retention from the exercise. I felt really sore and tired yesterday so having a complete rest day today, ready to start a busy week. I want to go to the gym at least 4 times this week and I've ordered a kettlercise DVD so will try that when I get it. I'm starting with a 2kg kettlebell as I'm not that fit really. I can do 40+ mins in the gym but not at a really high intensity yet. I want to tone my body as well as lose the weight so hopefully the kettlercise will help. My gym do a class in the mornings but thats at 6-7am! No chance. It's hard enough getting to the gym for 7am!

I'm really happy with how I'm doing so far. I find it much easier to say no to food. It doesn't rule my life anymore. I even got stressed yesterday coz it got to 5pm and I still hadn't had any syns and still had to eat my dinner. I just didn't feel like eating. I walked into town and back and did some shopping. Felt exhausted after coz of feeling achy already and I didn't eat as much as I should have done. I normally eat loads of fruit during the week, hadn't yesterday, ooops. I've learnt my lesson. I got a couple of sweat-wicking t-shirts for the gym, as well as an exercise mat for home. Tried to get another sports bra as well. It's so hard to find a decent one. They're either way too small or don't give enough support. I got the one I already have from debenhams, they only sell them online now! so have had to order one from amazon as it was cheaper. So annoying. I also tried to find a new top to wear when I go to see Enter Shikari on tuesday and failed. Everything was either too small or the stuff in my size were horrible. Why are there so many see through tops around now??? Yuck! I can't wait until it is easy to go into a shop and find something I like that fits me.

I haven't been feeling fantastic this week. My skin is really bad at the moment. Esp on my face. It's REALLY dry, even if I moisturise it's not long before it looks dry and flaky again. I use Nivea as I can't use anything else, even creams for sensitive skin will make my skin burn. It gets quite painful sometimes and looks horrible. It's only got like this in the last week or so. So if anyone has any tips then I would really appreciate them. I went into Body Shop yesterday and tried a bit of the hemp face cream, the hand cream works well on my hands, but that burned my face and made it worse. Glad I didn't buy any. I've been feeling tired lately as well and just generally not right, I've had really low energy levels that last few days. I have to ring the doctors on Weds about my thyroid blood test so I'm really interested to see what the results are. Underactive thyroid affects weight as well so maybe if it's not right then that may explain some of the gains. Arrrgh, why can't I just be normal?!

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day relaxing. Maybe get a little bit of house work done and watch more of The Biggest Loser on youtube. I wouldn't like to lose weight the way they do but it still gives me some motivation :)

+2lb!!! :confused::( It is disappointing. I haven't cheated, I've been to the gym, I should have lost. But I guess it's common to gain when starting to add exercise in? It hasn't put me off though. I had a good workout this morning. I even managed to run. Only at a minute at a time, but it's still a good start. I found it easier at a higher speed and I loved it! It makes me feel great :) If I keep working out and eating right then the weight should start coming off again. I will see what happens next week. My challenge for this week is to not weigh myself until next Monday! Then hopefully I will have a nice suprise then. I weighed myself about weds last week and the 1lb gain had come off. It's only been since I did 2 good workouts on Thursday and Friday that I've gained. I've also stopped taking the pill last week, so maybe that has contributed. I can't do anything to change that gain now. I've just got to work towards the next weigh in now.

A lot of my thyroid symptoms have seemed to have come back :( Feel really depressed and stressed today, no idea why. I can't concentrate at all and feel really easily confused. I just can't think straight. It's really annoying when I feel this way. I feel ridiculously tired, I know i've been up since 6am but I don't usually feel this tired. Just really don't feel right at all. I phoned the docs to see if they had the results of my blood test and said everything is normal. I may leave it a week or so and go back and see someone. I have a feeling this may be why I'm gaining. I really don't want to feel this way so hope it goes away soon.

Re: Time to lose the weight for good!

Hey hun- massive congrats for slimmer of the week!! That is so cool! Dont stress about the +2 as period weight can linger a few days after *week has finished so often messes with two weeks of WIs, gr. It is also natural for a gain or sts after a really sucessful loss tge week before (remember the curse of week 2 in biggest loser? Body tries to cope with such a big loss!)
I know how frustrating it is though- just had a month of overall sts because I gained a lot on * week- argh! But it will sort it self out and you are my SW idol right now for balancing your busy job while staying 100% for two weeks and pushing yourself so much at the gym! Really inspiring!! Keep it up! X

Thanks :) I'm not stressing about the gain really. It'll go eventually. I'm eating right and exercising, so can't really do much more about it.

I just feel depressed for no reason atm. I hate feeling like this, I want to be happy and get on with life. I didn't go to the gym this morning as I felt exhausted. This is like how I felt before I got on the thyroid meds, but my bloods are normal :confused: Hopefully it will go away soon. I have nothing to be depressed about right now. I usually comfort eat loads when I feel like this, but I managed not to this time. Well, I did eat more than usual on Monday but I had bananas and celery sticks instead of junk. Still not had a cheat day! I'm not on call tonight so will hopefully be able to get to bed for around 10pm and not have to worry about being called into work. I want to go to the gym tomorrow as it does make me feel better during the day. I just hope I can get a good nights sleep tonight.

I'm sorry that you feel depressed. Feeling depressed for no reason is one of the worst feelings- you just want a readon so you can deal with it and move on, but there isnt one and it makes you feel guilty! I know the feeling too well and I used to do the comfort eating thing too. Now if I feel like comfort eating I chop up a load of carrot/cucumber sticks or red pepper and just munch away! How good are we!?
It sounds like your hectic job has been depriving you of fun though, maybe it's time to squeeze in a girls night or something?
X

I'm just trying to carry on with life atm. Feeling down and tired isn't going to go away just yet I don't think. I think it's mainly hormonal, I still feel tired even if I get enough sleep. I've booked an appointment at the doctors on Monday to see what else can be done. I hate feeling this way, really affects all parts of my life.

I think I'm going to try to get some sleep soon. I want to be up early to get a kettlebell workout in before going to the gym for 7am! I'm going to be sore tomorrow I think! >_<

Feel much better today. Got up later than I wanted to today, but I made myself go to the gym. I managed to do some running on the treadmill. Only 1 minute at a time, but it's still better than just walking. I was going to do the kettlercise when I came home but the dvd player didn't like it. It plays on my laptop so will just have to play it on there next time.

I've failed my challenge of not weighing myself in the week. But I needed to feel a bit better so had a quick look this morning and those 2lbs are gone. Hopefully I'll lose the extra lb and a few more on Mondays weigh in :)

Well done for going to the gym despite feeling rotten!
I know it's 'cheating' but I do two WI's a week- Mon and Thurs, keeps me much saner and I feel gives me more accurate results even! And I.do it on the wii which is.more faff than.just stepping on scales so I never feel the need to do sneaky inbetweenies that way :p
Glad to hear the -2 is gone, I'm sure even more will be by official WI day :) x

Really aching today! Did a kettlercise workout before going to the gym yesterday and it's not easy! I'm glad I only got a 2kg kettlebell to start with. I went to the gym after and managed to do 1km in under 10 mins on the treadmill. when I started I could do 1km in just under 12 mins. I did 2 mins walking, 1 min running. I managed to run more often and faster than I did before. I also did 15 mins on the upright bike. I was tired after the kettlercise workout. I'm feeling it today, esp in my abs. Means I did a good workout though so I'm happy with it. I'm going to aim to do kettlercise before the gym on mon, weds and fri. and 30 day shred on tues and thurs. I'm going to make exercise a priority as I feel SOOOO much better on the days that I do exercise. The weekends are my rest days so enjoying relaxing a bit today. Could have had a good lie in this morning but still woke up before 8am, a bit of a lie in though since I was awake BEFORE my alarm at 5.50am yesterday.

I've changed days that I work at weekends now, so i'm working 1 in 3 saturdays, I was doing every other saturday before. So that means that when I do a weekend on call then I don't work that sat as well and I get one weekend completely off, and just 1 weekend working a saturday. I'm going to try to make my big batches of food for the freezer on my on call weekends, which I did today and i've got 11 meals in the freezer which will last me for the next few weeks :) A bit less stressed now.

I'm going for a meal at my grandma and grandads tomorrow. My grandads cooking me fried chicken, without breadcrumbs (don't want to go over on my syns) and doing some veg as well. I hope he does roast potatoes as well. I'm going to try to keep the syns low, but I don't know what he will be frying the chicken in etc. I've already have salmon, potatoes and veg planned for dinner tomorrow so I'll just use my syns on the meal tomorrow if I need to.

Just read through your thread and think you are doing brilliant. I'm a music lover too and go to Reading festival each year - this year I want to be slim again. (I put an old photo on my avatar of me at Reading in 2008 as motivation). I am also a chocolate lover, I have got some Cadbury little bars - they are really thin and 5.5 syns which I keep handy for a treat.

Hope tomorrow goes well for you

Thanks :) I'm keeping my avatar pic on as motivation. I lost 3st a couple of years ago and managed to get into that dress. It's the largest size they do in those brands. I put all the weight back on plus a stone. Only 3st to go until I should be able to fit into it again.

I've got a load of chocolate around, so if I need something I can have it, fitted into my syns of course. Jaffa cakes are 2.5 syns each, after eights and chocolate orange segments are 2 syns each, freddos are 5 syns, curly wurly's are 6 syns and creme eggs are 9 syns (for days where I have low syns on meals). I don't feel the need to binge anymore. 3 weeks 100% now :D I think I just needed to get past 2 weeks to make it a habit. Same with the exercise. Looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow, even though my abs are still sore this morning.

You are a syns expert already:) that's really helpful to know the values. I'm not back at the Gym yet. I am doing 30mins of walking a day and being active at home. I did the gym when I lost weight before so hopefully at some point I might go again. I just think its quite expensive.
Well done on 100%, that's so great. I hope to be dying the same in the future.

I love going to the gym coz i can run there. Not confident enough to run outside just yet.

Had a sneaky look at scales this morning and i'm VERY happy. Can't wait to see what it will be tomorrow =D

Ooh exciting that the scales are looking so good :D yay!
Also- cool that you feel so great on the days you exercise, it's a known thing that the endorphins help with depression and stuff. I felt really good when I was doing 30 mins - 1hr of Exerbeat a day (it's a wii exercise/dance/martial arts game) but I got bored of it and now can't be bothered :/ but I definitely felt more motivated then *sigh*

Just wanted to reply on here to something you wrote on my diary:

I seriously don't think I could survive doing red and green days just yet. I'm saving that for when my weight loss really slows down.

Don't be scared by Green days- I find them easier than EE! (and I know CheekyChinchilla on my thread does too!) because you can have double Hex's- double the amount of Cheese, double the amount of cereal bars or olive oil or rivita or wholemeal bread- it's awesome! I get really sort of... Itchy on EE days because I miss the Hex's... Which you can use on meat anyway on Green (as a HexB)- so if I wanted bacon (90g- nearly half a packet) or chicken (115g) etc on a green day I wouldn't have to syn it, just weigh it to the right portion for HexB and still get my extra HexA! I think it's fab because I just love cheesy pasta and you can use both HexA's and a HexB on cheese if you want = 90g of cheeeese! Or for milk/chocolate oatly milk or whatever.

But anyway, not sure Green days actually help weight loss, Cheeky thinks they're just to keep vegetarians happy, I find I eat much more comfort food and find them so great when I'm itching for junk as I just eat loads of potatoes and pasta and cheese and always have my potato pancakes which are my fave thing ever and that way I can give a HexB up for the Olive Oil I love to cook them in.
I think Red days do help weight loss a lot, they are basically like the Atkins diet- veg and meat, and are harder to follow... But try a Green day though as they're so fulfilling and there's no point saving them for when you want to lose more weight as they won't give you a kick start- but they are really fab! I feel guilty after Green days because I'm so satisfied, haha... But I do lose well even when I have mainly Green weeks :)
I didn't venture into them until a couple of months into SW and I think that's the best way to do it- get to grips with EE and how things work before you do the Red and Green days which are confusing to new people, but pretty simple once you get your head around it.
I just love having an extra Special K Chewy Delight or Rivita (with fluff, hehe) and all dat cheese nommmm.
</end peer pressure> lol ( :p I just want you to join in the Green fun!)

x

Ate too many syns at lunch at my grandma and grandads. Must be coming up to around 60 syns as I had a bit of ice cream after. Scary how quickly it all adds up. I've been good for the last 3 weeks though and I rarely eat out anyway. I'm sure I'll work it all off this week :)

Going to have to order some new jeans from Evans. I can't be bothered to go all the way into town, but the ones I have which I only got in Jan are feeling really loose and are really baggy. I like their jeans as they're made for pear shapes. Which I hate to say I am :sigh: Wish I was more of an hourglass but the majority of the weight is on the bottom half. They have an offer on of 2 for £35 so I will order a size 18 and a size 16 ready for when I get there. I only wear jeans at the weekends since there is no point in changing into anything other than pjs when I finish work.

I'll try a green day soon, this week I have all my meals planned and don't want to spend too much more on things other than for my salads or fruit as snacks. I love the idea of extra HEX's, I love cheese! :) Does the marshmallow fluff just taste like marshmallows then? Always wondered that when you were posting about it lol

How lovely to be ordering smaller jeans! I love that, I have a pair in every size in my wardrobe from all my yo yo dieting. I am looking forward to the next size down.

-4lbs! Not as good as yesterday showed but it still means those 3lbs gone plus 1 extra! No gym this morning as I've been called in to work all day :( Have got a kettlebell workout in tho, then just as it finished and I need to start getting sorted to leave for the gym I get a call from work. Extra money tho i guess.

wow 4lbs is brilliant well done you. That is fantastic, bet you're really proud of yourself. Maybe that extra you saw yesterday will simply add to next week. Have a great day

Thanks, I'm just glad the extra 3lbs have gone and I've lost something! Really long day at work. started at 8.30am, hopefully finishing at half 6. Gonna get up at 5.50am tomorrow morning again. It's way too early. But it means I can get up, do either kettlercise or 30 day shred, then get to the gym for 7am when it's nice and quiet and I get home before the traffics too busy. I then have time to get things sorted before going to work and relax a bit. It's hard to get motivated in the morning, but now i'm just thinking that I have only 5 and half months before I go to africa!! I want to be slimmer by then. In the end, all the hard work will be worth it! :)

Back