Gizmo's SW and Fitness diary

-4, well done!
Maybe try a green day on your day off or somethig so it's less stressful :) def worth it for the cheese :D hehe

Fluff is really weird but really nice! It's kinda like semi melted marshmallow bit not exactly- try it though, compared to chocolate you can have loads of it for the syns and it really settles a sweet craving! Have only seen it in Sainsburys so far.

Mikado is a good low syn one too if you like to nibble the choc off first (.5 syns each) but careful to stash the pack and just take a few out or they'll, ahem, 'disappear' quickly :p I got daim mikado, mmm.
X

Might try a green day on Monday since I'm off. Just need to look into it a bit more first.

I love mikado but haven't had any for ages. I kinda eat the whole pack when I buy them... I'll get some when I next go shopping, I think I'm better at controlling myself now.

Haven't been to the gym for the last couple of days and i'm not going tomorrow. I've been having really bad heel pain recently. I've had it on and off for a while but it's really bad the last couple of weeks. Going to the doctors tomorrow morning so hopefully will get some advice or something to help it. Might ask about my thyroid as well as the symptoms have been worse the last couple of weeks as well and apparently foot pain can be a symptom of hypothyroidism. It was painful in both feet last week which was when all the other symptoms seemed to be at their worst as well. Really hope they can help me with the pain anyway.

Sorry to hear you're in pain :( maybe you can do some lengths at a pool or something if you want to keep exercising?

Yeah, mikado is dangerous. I take two out and put the packet in the cupboard in the other room so it's not easy to unconsciously scoff the lot.
Green takes getting used to as some things need to be synned differently, but I have found that 90% of the stuff I like is higher syns on Red. Basically just things that contain meat are synned on Green. Hope you get to try it as I think you'll like it :) EE feels more
daunting to me than green now, and I love meat! Buuut not as much as I love pasta and extra cheese hehe x

I've been diagnosed with Plantar Faciitis. It's inflammation of a ligament like tissue in the foot. I've been prescribed a strong anti-inflammatory gel to put on my foot and i'm going to go into town to look at some insoles. I'm not going to stop going to the gym, just going to take it a bit easier for the next couple of weeks and see if it heals. I'm not confident enough to try swimming just yet! lol. I'm just a bit annoyed with the doctor as I asked about my thyroid as well, since I'm still getting the same symptoms. All she said was that it can't be the thyroid because my test result was normal and that I must be depressed about something. I know how I'm feeling and it's the same as how I was feeling before I got on the tablets. I don't have much reasons to be depressed. I just want to be happy and positive. I also asked when my next test was due as no one had told me when I needed one. And she sounded really annoyed that I had asked. Urgh, won't be seeing her again.:mad:

Got myself some mikado today and had one tonight. I was like 'uh oh!' after, but managed to control myself and put the pack away. I love mikado!

I'm off now until Tuesday :D Going to do a bit of shopping tomorrow and sort out a few things. I'll look into the green days ready for Monday when I will give it a go. I'm going to go 10 pin bowling with my friend on Sunday for a change from the cinema. She doesn't want to go see Iron Man 3 :( I guess bowling is burning more calories than sitting in the cinema! :p

Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow without alarms going off :D

Ouch re:foot. Is that a serious condition?
DR sounds annoying! Though not having a reason to be depressed doesnt rule it out- some of the worst depression is when there is no real trigger and you feel like a total wuss over nothing- makes it feel really hard to get over when you cant get to the root of the problem.

Mikado are sooo moreish!
If you are nervous about green- limit to just one of each hex until dinner time so if you cave and want meat you can quickly make it EE :) I often do that because I never really plan my meals! Then you can have your 2nd Hex's for tea if you fancy, or turn it into a green day :) easy!
X

Don't think it's serious, just really annoying. I had really bad dry skin as well so don't think it was just depression.

I've ended up going to see Iron Man 3 alone coz I got bored and no one else will go with me. Apparently it's the best one.

I really liked Iron Man 3. I do like Robert Downey Jr tho... :p

The insoles I got today seem to help my foot. It doesn't hurt as much now. I'm also putting the anti-inflammatory gel on 3 times a day and stretching my feet twice a day. So hopefully I will be able to walk around pain-free soon. I ended up limping around before because it was just like standing on a knife. I know losing weight will help it so yet another reason why I need to do this.

Going to have an evening off slimming world tomorrow night. I won't go too overboard but I want a good lie in tomorrow and don't want to have to stress about getting all my meals in before 5pm. We're going to get something to eat at the bowling place, but at least bowling will burn some calories off! :p I've been craving junk the last couple of days but have managed to stay away from bingeing. I'm hoping I will get a lie in tomorrow anyway. I tried this morning but got woken up by the cat jumping on me. He normally likes to steal my pillow so I don't usually let him in my room when I'm in bed. I woke up during the night and he managed to sneak in. I chuck him out if he sneaks in tonight though. I need my sleep! lol

-2lbs this week. Bit disappointed by that but at least its going the right way. My foots not hurting as much now so I'm hoping I can get back to the gym this week. Not going to do kettlercise this week because we're having the carpets taken up ready to have new ones put in a week on weds, so it's a bit chaotic around here atm.

Had yesterday off SW. I felt sick eating junk. I just got a bit fed up with being on the diet. I think I just got a bit fed up with everything over the last week or so. I'm back on SW today but doing EE as I'm not feeling too good atm, don't really feel like eating loads today. Woke up at 5am even though i'm off today and can have a good lie in. Just going to relax a bit for the rest of the day because I want to feel better tomorrow. Went 10 pin bowling with a friend last night and played a few games of pool. Had a lot of fun and I think that was just what I needed. I couldn't drink because I was driving but I don't need alcohol to have fun!

Had a non-scale victory yesterday though! Managed to fit into my hard rock cafe t-shirt from Singapore. It was one of my goals. I really like the top but it was always way too tight. I just wish I wasn't such a pear shape. My waist is much smaller than my bum and hips lol it's a little bit annoying but hopefully it will sort itself out eventually! :)

Yet another non-scale victory! :D Had to check when I got home last night if I had grabbed my old pair of jeans by mistake because the ones I was wearing were too baggy. They were the right size jeans that I had only just got and was the first time wearing this weekend. Just tried the next size down from them and they fit! That size didn't fit at all 2 weeks ago so even though my weights not shifting in big amounts lately, what I'm doing seems to be working!

Congrats on the NSVs!! :D :D :D
Feels great, huh? Better than what's on the scales, to me.

What did you have on your off plan day?
I know the feeling craving junk, my potato pancake and pasta combo fixes it for me though :D hehe

Well done on the -2, I'm dying for a -2 after my terrible WIs recently. Really sucks when you stay on plan and it is all bloody STS's and -0.5!
X

I had loads of chocolate and crisps. then had horrible nachos when I went ten pin bowling. They were cold, no cheese on them and the dips were horrible as well. Wish I had suggested to going to the mexican across the road. Was so disappointing. I also had 2 small cans of regular monster, I couldn't drink coz I was driving and I was bored of diet cola. Bad idea, not had much sugar in a long time so had a bit of a sugar rush. It's a good substitute for alcohol, was very hyper. Then I couldn't sleep all night... oops!

Had a client at work tell me i've lost a load of weight. Made my day a bit, first time someone has mentioned it. Plus I got told today that it shows 'dramatically' in my face and around my shoulders. I'm glad it's showing and that i'm going down in sizes despite only losing 1 stone 4lbs so far. I went down a size in 2 weeks even though I only lost 3lbs?? Hopefully means I'm building up muscle as well as losing fat.

Decided to join Plenty of fish. Kinda bored of being single. It's been over 3 years now. I'm not sure about paying for dating sites just yet. I don't like the idea of going out to bars and clubs to meet guys. I met a couple of my ex's online, just feeling a bit shy about meeting someone new now. I guess i've just been single for a long time. I just thought I needed a break after a few bad relationships/break ups. I finally feel ready to find someone new though:)

Well, I deleted my PoF profile. Even though I feel ready for a new relationship, I don't feel desperate. I'd rather concentrate on losing the weight and achieving my goals in life at the moment. When I get into relationships, I tend to give up on things I want. If I meet someone randomly now, then great but I'm not going to go looking for someone.

Really hoping for a good loss tomorrow. Really need some motivation and a confidence boost.

Hey Gizmo,

I dont really like diet coke either (diet pepsi is a bit better though) and usually bring a big diluted bottle of squash with me and a lilt zero or something when I go out.
happily drank my squash at a pub the other day with friends who were drinking yummy kopparberg! Saved probably a fiver on diet cokes too.

I highly recommend okcupid.com which is free; I've been on there.for.years as more of a social media platform than anythig as I'm **** scared of meeting guys through the internet (I look SO much better.in pictures, scared of letting people down!) but ended up meeting my current boyfriend on there almost by mistake and eventually he convinced me to get drunk and invite him over- he never left! Lol!
But yeah, it is great- free and currently run by match.com but only the past year or so. It was originally made as a quiz site but became a dating site- the way they match people is really cool. Give it a go :) there are lots of dodgy peoplr on whichever site you choose, but I've made a lot of friends on there!

I think i'm going to leave dating until I've sorted myself out first. I need to concentrate on me, which wouldn't happen if I was in a relationship. Once I've lost the weight and sorted out other things, like my thyroid. The skin on my face has been horrible lately, really dry, red and sore. and i've just noticed my eyebrows are thinning as well and there seems to visible hair loss on one of them. It's annoying coz even though I have symptoms, they won't change my medication. So I need to do a bit of research and see if I can try other things to help the symptoms get better and also make me feel better generally. I don't feel confident enough to go and meet someone. I was open about my weight this time, no point in hiding it. I didn't get as many responses as I did when I didn't mention my weight. I just think I will feel a lot more confident when I have sorted out everything.

Hi Giz,

Wishing you well on your journey, I'm just starting my weight loss campagin again!.

POF is good when your ready, I met my boyfriend on there, although I went through alot of messages from creeps and a few bad dates before i met him!

Ria

Hi! Starting again? Hate it when you gain the weight back, so easy to go back to old habits. I just keep thinking that I've done it before so I can do it again. I prefer SW, doesn't feel like a diet really and no calorie counting =D

I will try again when i'm ready. I've met ex's online before, not on dating sites, so not too bothered about meeting people. But I just don't feel ready yet. I'm looking for a more long term relationship now and also one that isn't long distance. It doesn't work for me and I don't have the time to travel to see someone anyway. I feel picky but I know what I want now from a relationship.

The jeans i'm wearing now are starting to feel a bit baggy! =D Hope it shows on the scales. Didn't really make much sense the last couple of weeks. But as long as i'm getting smaller I don't mind! =D Shows the gym works. Haven't been in the last week or so because of my foot, which still hurts, but now I miss it so will work through the pain! No kettlebells this week though. The house is kinda crazy right now, we have no carpets downstairs, everything is being painted. there are no doors or curtains in there atm so I don't really want to do a kettlercise workout and everyone being able to look in. Hopefully by next weekend it will all be back to normal. I can still get the gym though, so will try to make it a few times this week :)

Yep starting again! Managed to get down to 12stone 3lb at my lowest, but then my new relationship and all the eating out and eating crap rather than going to the gym began! Been over 6 months now so need to start getting in to it again!

It's lovely when clothes start to feel baggy, a real boost! well done x

I think people are less lilely to respond if you add your weight because showing insecurities by being open with them like that scares guys away- they dont want to have to talk to you about weight on a first date, so if you're open about it on your profile it'll probably scare them. Guys like confidence, we just have to fake it 'till we make it!
But I agree thst focising on yourself sounds good- you'll deffo be more confident with internet dating (which I can imagine is massively scary- meeting people who have expectations like that is pretty much a phobia of mine!)

STS :( I think it may be coming up to that time so will just see what I am next week. Would explain the moodiness this weekend and just wanting chocolate all the time.

Next time I try I should hopefully be nice and slim so shouldn't be too worried about my weight :) Just meeting people off their makes me nervous, but I guess that's the same for them as well.

I can relate to the nervousness! I only met one guy off the internet (my bf) and had to get wasted first to deal with the nerves! He came over and we basically slept together within 5 minutes LOL, good icebreaker. Great 'how we met' story to tell the grandkids :S
I agree that you'll feel great on there when you're slimmer. I'm putting off traveling until I'm slimmer, too! I want to have more energy and look great in short shorts and in pics!

Aw, dont worry about the sts. I hate when PMS makes you all chocolatey and tired and you're just waiting for the bloody thing to kick in to have something to blame it on! But at least it's not a gain from *week so hopefully if it'a ovwr by next WI a nice double loss maybe ;) though sadly I find it usually messes with the next WI too, takes a few days after to balance the water levels or whatever... Do you find that?
X

Back