Gleesa's Weight Loss Diary...

gleessa

So yesterday I had my third weigh in and lost 2lbs :) This follows a 2lb loss and a 6 lb loss so totalling a lovely 10lbs. I'm only 4lbs off my stone sticker and 13 off my club 10. I'm also only 5 lbs off being the slimmest I've been in ten years (that makes me feel old!)

This week has been a struggle for me because I've been ill. I'm also trying to deal with things I didn't even think were a problem. For example: What am I going to be like when I'm thin? I've always eaten as a comfort thing and I've always said I didn't mind being overweight because I was happy. I guess I used it as some kind of shield against the world. How am I going to deal with bad times without food? I know that sounds silly; I feel silly typing it but it is something I'm struggling with. I'm determined not to let this stop my weight loss though.

Last edited:
This doesn't sound silly at all! I lost 9 stone and regained most of it because I never found the answer to this question. This is why I am seeing weekly weigh-in as a lifelong commitment. Hopefully someone can post some helpful words for both of us :)

I just read part of your diary before seeing you'd posted on here. You're story is really inspirational. You're definitley right about it being a life long committment. The biggest problem I face is getting back on track if I fall off the wagon. I'm just hoping right now that the person I become will be better than the person I am now :)

My food for today hasn't been much because I'm still feeling pretty grim with the throat infection and bronchitis.

Breakfast: Bananna and muller light
Lunch: Celery and 3x extra light laughing cow triangles (half HEa)

but for tea I'm having:

Tea: S/W chicken kiev (chicken breast stuffed with quark, garlic and mixed herbs, coated in egg to help the breadcrumbs stick. The breadcrumbs were made from 1 slice of wholemeal bread so 1/2 a HEB). I'm having this with a jacket potato and dry roasted mix veg - courgettes, pepper, tomatoes, red onions.

Added: 5.5 syns wine (reduced calorie) & 2 nice biscuits = 7.5 syns

Last edited:
I have been meaning to make a chicken Kiev, you're making me hungry!

I am surprised you found something inspirational on my journal, I am here to receive inspiration :)

I think the fact that you've tried load of things but haven't given up is really inspirational. I'm the same and I'm constantly on the verge of giving up.

The kiev was lovely. My boyfriend loved it too. I made a little change to the one in the magazine - I used quark and mixed in garlic and mixed herbs. I used the breadcrumbs as my heb so it's all free. yum.

I just found out the glass of wine I just poured myself is only 5.5 syns because it's reduced alcohol. woop!

Ok so my total intake yesterday was this:

Breakfast: Bananna (s) and muller light

Lunch: Celery(s)and 3x extra light laughing cow triangles (half HEa)

Tea: S/W chicken kiev (chicken breast stuffed with quark, garlic and mixed herbs, coated in egg to help the breadcrumbs stick. The breadcrumbs were made from 1 slice of wholemeal bread so 1/2 a HEB). I'm having this with a jacket potato and dry roasted mix veg - courgettes (s), pepper (s), tomatoes (s), red onions(s).

Supper: Toast (remainder of HEb) with 1x extra light laughing cow triangles (part of HEa)

Added: 5.5 syns wine (reduced calorie), 2 sugar & 2 nice biscuits = 9.5 syns

Today I'm feeling really demotivated :( I've got some lamb and mint meatballs that I've made for tea but I've no idea what I[m going to have for my breakfast/lunch.

My day was sabotaged by my boyfriend...although I suppose I can only really blame myself.

Breakfast - muller light and banana
Lunch - chicken and cottage cheese with spinach, cucumber, tomato and loads of beetroot
Tea - donner meat - 8 syns

I suppose it's not been that bad but I've not had any of my healthy extras - I'm really struggling with them and I didnt ave any salad with my tea, although it's still within my syns. I really hate it when plan are changed and we can't eat at home. My boyfriend always gets a chippy if we eat out and I had to watch him eating pasties for his lunch. I've struggled all day and felt really demotivated but at least I'm still in my syns. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

I had an unplanned day off and went a little off the rails. I started off fine - fruit for breakfast. Then I had a chicken drumstick and some chips from kfc :/ woops. It was 15.5 syns so I would have been ok if I'd had a home cooked meal for tea vut \i ended up having chips again :( Oh well, never mind. I'm back on the wagon this morning! I didn't get up til late but had home made lamb and mint meatballs with pasta and a tomato sauce stuffed full of veg and have a tasty free tea planned. I also bought some bananas, kiwis and strawberries and have some muller lights to snack on.

I'm currently trawling the internet for some low syn baking recipes so I can have a treat and keep in my syns. I've obviously put my possible weight loss in jeopardy this week but maybe I can limit the damage if I stick to it 100% until weigh in.

Its really hard when other people are just eating and I really want to join in. I just declare that they are not to allow me too before the weakness sets in. My OH is really good about eating his choccie stash when I am not about (I just find the badly hidden empty wrappers!), and we tend to not get food on the go as its too tempting for me. I had to explain to him what bits I find hard, and what bits I can handle, and he really does try keep me on track.

At least you stayed within your syns, thats a success in itself honey, so just forget about it and have a good day today xxx

I only stayed within my syns for lunch hahaha! I dont want to work out how many syns I had for my tea!
I noticed we're having similare teas! Whats your burger recipe?

It's a pack of extra lean beef, crushed garlic, a beaten egg, 1 small slice wholemeal bread, a splash of Worcester sauce and a spoon of ketchup. This makes 4 burgers. I think the most important part is really working the mix so the mince is really broken up and quite smooth. yummy! How are you getting on today?

It's a pack of extra lean beef, crushed garlic, a beaten egg, 1 small slice wholemeal bread, a splash of Worcester sauce and a spoon of ketchup. This makes 4 burgers. I think the most important part is really working the mix so the mince is really broken up and quite smooth. yummy! How are you getting on today?

Ok today - skipped breakfast (had a lie in). Had lamb and mint meatballs with pasta and a tomato sauce FULL of veg. Just waiting for my SW cinnamon bun mixture to rise so I can stick it in the oven and having chicken burgers with SW chips and salad for tea. I just need to be a bit more positive I think!

I'm making cinnamon buns:

1 tsp dried active yeast ( hand bread making yeast)
30g sweetner
4floz warm water
200g plain flour
1 egg
...1 and half tbspn vegetable oil
2 tbspn caster sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
28g sultanas (optional)
METHOD:
In a bowl dissolve the yeast, sweetner in the warm water, stir in half the four,mix well, beat in egg and add other half of flour
When dough has pulled together turn out on a lightly floured surface, knead untill smooth and elastic.
Lightl spray a bowl with frylight, place dough in the bowl and turn around to coat in the oil,
Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place for 40 minutes (should double in size)
In a small bowl mix cinnamon, sugar and sultanas
Divide dough into 12 pieces
take each piece of dough and rub the cinnamon mix on to them, then roll the dough in to a long sausage and then roll up into a wheel
Place on a baking tray,cover with a damp cloth and leave again in a warm place to double in size for 40 minutes
Bake on 180c on middle shelf for 30 minutes

They've got 10 minutes of rising time before I bake them. I've done 1/2 with sultanas (4.5 syns) and alf without (4 syns). I was a bit dissapointed when I first put them together because they look tiny but they're expanding loads!

They are awesome! I'd recommend leaving them to expand a bit longer than it says in the recipe though. yummy yummy yummy!
548341_10150836743256873_517056872_11891588_244579502_n.jpg

I also planned out our main meals for Sunday, Mondy and Tuesday. I weigh in Wednesday morning this week so will do a plan for the following week on Wednesday.

Saturday: Chicken burger, slimming world chips and salad
Sunday: Chicken, leek and butternut squash bake
Monday: Goat curry
Tuesday: Chicken leg and roast veg

I'll be cooking for myself most of the next week with my OH being away. I think I'm going to struggle with that but I'll try out some things to see if he'll like them as well!

Hey Gleesa, food is sounding good! I like a bit of goat curry myself (but no bones!).

Can you save leftovers for when your OH is away? My OH is away with work 2 nights a week so that's usually my solution :)

I usually use left overs for my lunches through the week. I've got loads of chicken in the freezer so I can use some of that. I also found one pork chop and one chicken leg in the freezer left over from when you get odd numbers in packets so it'd be a good idea to use those too I guess.

The cinnamon buns are really tasty. They're quite big and quite sweet so I just had the one for pudding. Treating myself to a cup if tea with SUGAR in it. yum. I'll add the syns in to my diary now.

Back