Gleesa's Weight Loss Diary...

I measured myself before and nearly cried :(

Bum - 51.5"
Waist - 42.5"
Bust - 43.5"
Thigh (right) - 27"
Thigh (left) 26.5"
Arms - 14.5" each

I just need to focus on the fact that those numbers are going to get smaller. I have a dress that I bought for my birthday party in February. I bought it thinking it would definitely fit but it really didn't. I'm going to use this as my goal dress. I might take pictures.

You know what, you've done the best thing ever putting those measurements on here, there will be some weeks when you don't notice anything on the scales even though you've been really good and active, I bet you will see the difference on your measurements instead.

I never took my measurements... I probably would have needed a boomerang to get the tape measure around myself.

Kate x

HAHAHA! I mumbled numbers to my OH. I was like mumble1 and half and he was like 'what?' FIFTY ONE AND A HALF! ALRIGHT?!?!
The worst bit was when I said 51 and half and he said "cms?" *cries*
I'm currently baking chickpeas to try as a syn free snack. I'll report when I've tried them lol

I do normally do that. There's a thread in the recipes bit about baking them with salt on to make a crunchy snack - kind of a replacement for peanuts. They're meant to be nice. I've done mine with salt and a bit of chilli powder. I'm dubious

They were actually really tasty. Got up this morning and made some more as I'm off out for the day. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with food if I'm out all day but I've just polished off a BIG bowl of fruit!

I'm feeling a bit better today. Yesterday and the day before I was really down about not being able to eat the things I wanted. Now I've done some planning I feel better. Me and my OH went out with some friends for a bit today, which I was really panicking about. I struggle when I'm faced with other people eating tings I want or if I walk passed a Greggs! I took some baked chickpeas out with me which really helped and came home for lunch - baked potato with tuna and some fruit. And I had fruit for breakfast. Going to try a new recipe for tea as well so I'll post about that later.

I need to get better with the recipes... I am barely following the diet. It's probably a laziness thing... I'd be doing so much more shrinking if I was being a good girl. I've heard the diet coke chicken is amazing.

How's your chickpeanuts?

I didn't really reply to this before, sorry. I was rushing to go out. Diet coke chicken is pretty good - I mix a bit of Chinese 5 spice or mixed spice in to make it tastier! It's also really nice if you boil a ham in diet coke (diet cherry coke is best).

I really love cooking and my OH is really appreciative of my efforts as well. He really encourages me to try new things and doesn't moan if they're not successful haha! I can get lay sometimes but I just try and think about how much more satisfying a home cooked meal and how less greasy it is.

Hi Gleesa just read through your diary and it sounds like you're doing really well. I wish I had taken my measurements now to see the difference, I suppose I can just go by my clothes. The roasted chickpeas sound yummy, did you just use tinned ones?
xxx

Yeah I just drained them and dried them with a tea towel. Sprinkled salt and chilli powder over them and cooked them until they were brown and crunchy :)

Today is my first day back at work after being signed off ill for a week. I'm hoping this will make it a little easier for me to stick to the plan. I'm going to make a really good lunch and take some healthy snacks. I'm leaving my money at home as well so I can't buy anything other than what I have!

Today is my first day back at work after being signed off ill for a week. I'm hoping this will make it a little easier for me to stick to the plan. I'm going to make a really good lunch and take some healthy snacks. I'm leaving my money at home as well so I can't buy anything other than what I have!

Good plan I do this so I cant buy any naughties from the canteen xx Hope you've had a good day back at work

I fell like crying. I'm dreading my weigh in in the morning :(

Hiya Gleesa! Bless you, I know how you feel. It makes me feel sick every week whether I've been good or bad :(

I'm keeping everything crossed for you honey xxx

Thank you. I've stuck to the plan 100% apart from my mishap Friday but today I'm really bloated and feel horrible. Weigh in at 9 tomorrow. Here's to a sleepless night :( |My OH is away from tomorrow night until Monday and I find it much harder to exercise self control while he's not here. Eugh!

Good luck! Its hard when I'm on my own too, I really have to work much harder those nights to stay in control. My OH is away every wednesday and thursday, and its helpwd ALOT moving to a thursday night WI as I am scared into behaving!

I'll try check in on my phone through the day and see how you got on! Got a busy day of training tomorrow :(

I'm off to my weigh in shortly. I'm still dreading it but I'm trying to stay positive. I measured my tummy this morning and have lost half an inch in just a few days so that's a good thing, even if I have put weight on. I'm going to be 100% this week. My OH is away until Saturday now and I want to prove to myself that I can do this on my own as well. I've made my lunch and planned my tea so I'm feeling a little better. I'm heading out now so keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll post as soon as I know xx

Put on half a lb. Really gutted. I know its only half a lb but im still really upset

I know it's unlikely to make u feel any better, but half a pound is really not a problem honey. So sorry it didn't go the way you hoped! I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow :(

Good that you're measuring yourself too, I think it's every bit as important as weighing! I have made a chart to record it on, cos weight is just a part of a much bigger picture :) so hang in there, keep going and all the best while your OH is away, I know you can do it :)

Hugs xxx

Back