Gleessa's food diary.

gleessa

So, I've had to miss my weigh in two weeks in a row due to work and now an injury :( I figured I'd start a food diary to help me keep on track. I'm not sure if I've lost/gained/maintained while I've been away from group so I'm going to be super good this week. The effects can only be good. I'm going to plan my meals and make a shopping list each week so I know I wont stray from the plan. Wish me luck!!

Here's my meal plan for the week. I'll post recipes (and maybe pics) as I go along, with a proper record of what I eat.

Thursday
Breakfast: Fruit and yoghurt
Lunch: Beans on toast
Tea: Smoked haddock pie

Friday
Lunch: Chickpea dahl loaf and salad
Tea: Baked bean lasagne

Saturday
Lunch: Chickpea dahl loaf and salad
Tea: Loaded mac and cheese

Sunday
Lunch: Loaded mac and cheese
Tea: Jacket potato

Monday
Lunch: Soup
Tea: Kedgeree

Tuesday
Lunch: Soup
Tea: Chicken burger and wedges

Wednesday
Lunch: Tuna pasta
Tea: Sausage and mash

Shopping List:

tins - baked beans x 2, chopped tomatoes x1, tuna x1, chickpeas, chick pea dahl

veg - onion x 2, garlic, red peppers x 2, green pepper x 1, mushrooms, potatoes x 3, sweet potato x 1, spinach, swetcorn, courgette x2, carrots, swede, green beans, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, beetroot

store cupboard - plain flour, lasagne sheets, mixed herbs, salt, pepper, stock cubes, pasta, rice, savory rice, pearl barley, bread, buns, tea bags, sweetener

fridge - cheese, smoked haddock, chicken breast x 2, milk, cottage cheese, natural yoghurt, marg, eggs, mustard

fruit - bananas, necturines, peaches, apples, pineapple

When I do my shopping list, I write down everything that I will need and then cross of the bits I already have in the house to make sure I don't buy more. I think eating healthily can be quite expensive so I dont want to waste money buying things I already have. I also HATE having to throw things away so this saves a lot of waste in that sense as well.

I weighted in last week and maintained which I was pretty happy with. Now it'll be another 3 weeks until I can get back to group so I'm going to have to stay motivated myself. This is never easy for me and I'm already dreading it but I'm going to stick to keep planning and stick to the meals I shop for. I'm just working on my meal plan for the next week now.

Friday:
breakfast - boiled egg and soldiers
lunch - veg and egg noodles
tea - loaded mac and cheese

Saturday:
breakfast - eggy bread with beans. Fruit
lunch - left over mac and cheese
tea - meatball jambalaya

Sunday:
breakfast: fruit and yoghurt
lunch: spaghetti on toast
tea: jacket potato, bacon and brie with salad

Monday:
breakfast - eggy bread and beans. fruit.
lunch - bacon and brie salad
tea - kedgeree

Tuesday:
breakfast - toast. fruit
lunch - kedgeree
tea - prawn and veg skewers with cous cous and salad

Wednesday:
breakfast - toast. fruit
lunch - prawn pasta salad
tea - Sardine pasta bake

Thursday:
breakfast - fruit and yoghurt
lunch - sardine pasta salad
tea - jacket potato, beans and cheese with salad

Just popping in to say hi! You seem very organised. Do you have snacks in between meals or manage to get by on just 3 meals?

Nice diary Gleessa, not sure I could be as organised as you... well done keep up the good work :)

Back