GLUCOSE TEST AND KETOSIS?

I did a glucose test few days before I started as my doc said my glucose was high from my recent blood test. It involved fasting night before. Having blood test first thing and then drinking 420ml of lucozade. I then have to sit STILL for 2 hours and have another blood test. I am on day 5 now and the nurse rang me to tell me she inadvertently didn't send my blood test in and has just found it on her desk! I have to do it all again now. I was planning on doing LT for two weeks to see how I get on. Therefore I will go to docs on Tues 11th for this test again and will therefore have to re-feed. Does anyone know whether the lucozade (yuk like drinking liquid sugar) will interfere with my re-feed and indeed whether my blood reading will be ok as my rep. said I might have keytones in my body and reading wont be right. Just in case anyone is worried, I did advise my doc that I was doing this diet and he said ok as my blood pressure is so high. Would appreciate the advice please.

How long have you been doing Lipotrim for? If you have done 1 week or less, you don't need to do a refeed as you will only be replacing the fluid you have lost

Clair x

Clair,

I am in my first week and want to do my second. I am going for my glucose test the day after my second weigh in. Don't want to spoil it all now.

Would you consider talking to your doctor and ask him if you can put off having the GTT for a few weeks? See what doctor says!

Back