Gluten-free bars?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by bakedalaska, 10 November 2011 Social URL.

1. bakedalaska

bakedalaska Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.6lb(11.74%)
    Can anyone suggest a gluten free meal replacement bar? I'm using Exante shakes, but it would be really useful to have a few bars for days out.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BordersGirl

BordersGirl Feeling great in 2012!

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.07%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Avidlite sell a gluten free bar that says that it can be used as a meal replacement:

Meal Replacement Bars

(see the Ultra Energy bar)

The Low Carb Megastore also sell this bar (slightly past best before date so cheap):

Ultra Energy Bar - Chocolate Nut Crunch

I have tried one of these and it was ok but had a bit of a strange taste to it and I can't put my finger on what it is. They're not anywhere near as nice as the Dietimeal bars in my opinion (but these aren't gluten free as far as I know).

Last edited: 10 November 2011
  4. bakedalaska

bakedalaska Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.6lb(11.74%)
    Thank you! I'll try them.

In case anyone else finds this useful, I'd add that I've just found out that Slim&Save Chocolate Truffle and Lemon Crunch bars are gluten free recipe (but have warning that they may contain traces of gluten). The other bars are not GF.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.