Glycogen

carolyn01

Hi everyone,

Dont mean to bring you all down but the first week in my book it says the first weight loss is glcogen and water and if you went back to even salads etc 4-5 lb would go back on.

I feel a bit disappointed now as I thought some of it was fat (well hoped most of it was). Am I reading this right?

Can any CD counsellor advise me pse? Im on 3 shakes a day and a bar.

How can you lose water by the amount you have to drink? lol I can't say i hold much water anyway so fingers crossed. You lose more in the 1st week of any diet anyway though then it evens out.

Hi there.
Yes the first few pounds is water and glycogen, as your body uses its emergency stores and goes into ketosis. After the first few days though when ketosis kicks in (I am assuming on day 6 you probably are in ketosis) then you are fat burning! :D
Its great fun losing weight while watching the telly and not sweating it out in the gym!!:whacky068: :D

im worried about this too.
iknow im burning fat but im worried that im neve going to be able to start eating again or eating carbs, or even worse, having the odd takeaway in case i put it all back on

Spooky, please tell us if and when we get back to eating healthy food, will we put 5-6 lbs on straight away as we gain glycogen again. But the rest we lose, is fat I assume?

Sorry for all the questions, need motivating.

:sigh:

This is exactly why Cambridge have a refeeding programme. Its fine to lose the weight on SS, but if you go straight back to your old eating habits without working through the CD programmes then gain is much more likely, The message is.. Stick with it and go through the maintenance programme.
Georgie/Porgeous is currently doing that and doing fab.

Last edited:
Back