Glycogen

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by carolyn01, 26 April 2008 Social URL.

1. carolyn01

carolyn01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.19%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+/810
    Hi everyone,

Dont mean to bring you all down but the first week in my book it says the first weight loss is glcogen and water and if you went back to even salads etc 4-5 lb would go back on.

I feel a bit disappointed now as I thought some of it was fat (well hoped most of it was). Am I reading this right?

Can any CD counsellor advise me pse? Im on 3 shakes a day and a bar.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    How can you lose water by the amount you have to drink? lol I can't say i hold much water anyway so fingers crossed. You lose more in the 1st week of any diet anyway though then it evens out.

4. spooky

spooky Banned

Hi there.
    Yes the first few pounds is water and glycogen, as your body uses its emergency stores and goes into ketosis. After the first few days though when ketosis kicks in (I am assuming on day 6 you probably are in ketosis) then you are fat burning! :D
    Its great fun losing weight while watching the telly and not sweating it out in the gym!!:whacky068: :D

5. Kim&Leah

Kim&Leah Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    im worried about this too.
    iknow im burning fat but im worried that im neve going to be able to start eating again or eating carbs, or even worse, having the odd takeaway in case i put it all back on

6. carolyn01

carolyn01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.19%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+/810
    Spooky, please tell us if and when we get back to eating healthy food, will we put 5-6 lbs on straight away as we gain glycogen again. But the rest we lose, is fat I assume?

Sorry for all the questions, need motivating.

:sigh:

7. spooky

spooky Banned

This is exactly why Cambridge have a refeeding programme. Its fine to lose the weight on SS, but if you go straight back to your old eating habits without working through the CD programmes then gain is much more likely, The message is.. Stick with it and go through the maintenance programme.
    Georgie/Porgeous is currently doing that and doing fab.

Last edited: 26 April 2008
  8. carolyn01

carolyn01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.19%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+/810
    thank you spooky, I really really want to stick with it this time.

Thanks for all your help.

:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.