Go Lower

Just had a look at the Go Lower website, very interesting. I've just started Diet Chef myself, which is similar but isn't designed as fat burning or that you'll be in ketosis, more that's its low GI/GL, but like Go Lower, lovely food all cooked and delivered for you & it's Day 3 and I've not been hungry yet.

All the best Go Lower peeps, be interesting to see how you get on.
x

I'm starting go lower this week (as soon as the food packs arrive.) I've got 2 stone to lose and would love to hear from anyone also on the diet to hear about your successes

Lou

Well done on your loss so far Missie.

All the best with your start Lou

x

Thanks for your good wishes.

The food arrived just before lunch so I've jumped straight into it and I have to say if the tex mex soup i' had is any indication of the food you eat on this diet i'm going to love it - if they served me it in a restaurant I'd be raving it was so good (much better than when I try and make soup myself at home:))

It may get a little boring after weeks but so far I'm very impressed and if it means i don't have to cook and plan meals in advance (the thing i always fall down on when dieting) it could be the perfect solution for me (if somewhat expensive).

Look at me getting all enthusiastic after one meal - LOL

The soup sounds great! And your enthusiasm is infectious.

Good luck everyone!

Hi
I have just oredered my first months supply of food from golower i have been on weight watchers for the last 18months and have not been getting anywhere so lets hope this is the diet for me i have 3 stone to loose so wish me luck.

hi becky

best of luck with it - i've just finished day 3 and have been a little hungry i must admit but the food is really delicious.

I'm finding it great not to have to think about what i'm going to eat on the way home and being able to take soup into the office means it's really fitting in with my life - whilst everyone goes to the canteen i heat up my soup and go and join them so i don't feel like i'm missing out.

let me know how you get on when the food arrives - perhaps we can help each other as i also have about 3 stone to lose - would love to have it all off (or at least most of it) by xmas as I have a feeling with the economy as it is there will be some crazy bargains to be had in the january sales and i want a whole new wardrobe of clothes ;-)

Hello! I have (nearly) finished day 1 of Go Lower. Its been good so far.
Dinner was lovely. Struggling a little with the breakfast - but I think I will get used to it!

ooh yes - focussing on January sales is a great plan ;-)

that is a real shame, address the issues and then maybe find a new counsellor, there are other ways and means

Go Lower does it really work

Hello All
I just had to post a reply regarding the Go Lower programme. I started it 8 weeks ago and I have lost 2st and 3lbs! It is the easiet diet I have ever done, never feel hungry and the weight is falling off. I feel so healthy too!
I would srtongly recommend it!

Hi John,

Congratulations for losing so much weight. I use to be really active, working out at the gym regularly, doing exercise classes and then I broke up with my boyfriend, the gym closed down and I put on nearly 6 stone. I feel so uncomfortable in my clothes, it is the heaviest I have been since having my son 8 years ago. I am desperate to lose this weight now. I went for a free consultation with a counseller at Lighter Life but the food they provide in that programme appear to be mostly shakes and soups and are charging £66 per week. I have just read the Go Lower programme and it seems much better, providing proper food and much cheaper do you recommend this as it sounds much more appealing. I would love to know your views.

Take care

Barbara

Hi John,

Congratulations for losing so much weight. I use to be really active, working out at the gym regularly, doing exercise classes and then I broke up with my boyfriend, the gym closed down and I put on nearly 6 stone. I feel so uncomfortable in my clothes, it is the heaviest I have been since having my son 8 years ago. I am desperate to lose this weight now. I went for a free consultation with a counseller at Lighter Life but the food they provide in that programme appear to be mostly shakes and soups and are charging £66 per week. I have just read the Go Lower programme and it seems much better, providing proper food and much cheaper do you recommend this as it sounds much more appealing. I would love to know your views.

Take care

Barbara

Hi Barbara - hope you don't mind me jumping in to answer your question.

I have tried a diet like lighter life called cambridge diet where you have shake or soup 3 times a day. There are many people on here who do it successfully but it definately isn't for me long term - i feel deprived all the time and crave something to eat. If I'm honest i struggle to get beyond day 3!!

Three months ago i joined Go Lower and am 2 and a half stone down - the food tastes lovely, there are options if you want to eat out with friends/family, you can still drink (althou I haven't) and I haven't felt deprived at all (except xmas but i just came off it for 2 days lol).

It's basically high protein low carb where they deliver the food to you and i'm so grateful i found it. Not only do i think it's been great for losing weight I think it's going to be great for maintaining my weight lose as it will be no problem just jumping back onto it for a couple of weeks if i've put on a few pounds.

It's not cheap but I highly recommend it and the weight loses are pretty impressive - a lot of people are averaging 12-14lb a month - not as fast as LL but for me easier to sustain

Hi Lou, thanks very much for your views on using Go Lower. It is great to hear from other people who have been using the Go Lower products to hear their honest views. Congratulations on your weight loss. I definitely am going to give it go, I have tried the other diets which just consist of soups and shakes etc and have felt so hungry and end up cheating so the food choices seems really good on Go Lower. I know it will be expensive but it will give me the incentive to keep it up and not to cheat. I am determine to lose my excess weight before the summer.

Thank you very much and will keep you posted on my progress

Regards

Barbara

so glad you're going to give it a go. Just one word of warning which I didn't realise at the time of ordering - if you are signing up for a programme longer the 28 days make sure they are totally clear what you recieve and when. I signed up for the 12 week programme thinking i'd get 12 weeks of food but actually I got 8 weeks of food then only half the food for 2 weeks then none of the lunches or dinners for the final 2 weeks (they call this transition when they encourage you to start cooking for yourself). Which is fine if i'd known this up front but i'd worked my finances out on not having to buy main meals for 12 weeks not 9 weeks!!

Just make sure they give you all the info upfront

Hi Funkylady and Lou, I have just joined the go lower diet too. I have tried meal replacement but shakes just are not for me. Go lower seems much more my style and the meals sound awesome. I have just signed up for a 16 week programme so fingers crossed.
Lou you have done amazing, well done!! I'm hoping I can have the same story as you. Any tips for success?
Funkylady have you signed up yet?
Here's hoping it all works. Xx

hi both - i use the go lower forum under the same user name if you ever log onto that one.

If you do you'll see that I was really good up until xmas - didn't drink, hardly had any of the snacks and found it embarrassingly easy.

Struggled a little more this year with a couple of big nite out but still managed to lose 9lb so far this year and have about 7 to 11lbs to get to goal so almost there.

My tip for success is not to break the diet - once you're in ketosis it really is easy and you don't get hungry which makes it pretty easy to stick to - it's only head hunger that causes the cravings not real ones.

I'm in those amazing last stages where everyone is commenting, i can get back into my small clothes and life is just fabulous - if i could bottle it and share the feeling i really would because it's so motivating to get the results. Every day it seems like someone else notices and comments

stick at it and let me know how you get on - any help I can give you just pm me on this site or emai me on the go lower one

Hello, Well my box has just arrived nice and prompt and I have just ripped into the granola straight away (even though I have already had toast - let it be said in public, my last piece) and had it with some plain yogurt and a couple of blueberries (37p in asda!! Bargain!), it was so tasty.
Going to have pea & ham soup for lunch and chicken, leeks and cream for dinner with broccoli. I'm feeling super confident that this is the plan for me, all the meals sound really good and way fancier than anything I would ever cook (or order in ;) ) for myself.
Lou you are my inspiration, here's hoping for the comments coming in soon. Xx

great way to start - how did you find the meals? - i love them and like you i really enjoy the breakfast - i always have with rasp and single cream (not sure if your "supposed" to but I figure it's low in carb so it's ok) - it's such a treat every morning

Morning, I thought the pea & ham soup was ok and the chicken, leeks and cream was so good, added a little salt and pepper to my own taste but so impressed, I was half expecting it to be like a frozen ready meal with fake style meat but it was a proper good bit of chicken.
Yum, I might try the cream on the breakfast, it sounds lush, I would imagine you are allowed if there is cream in some of the meals. Just had it breakfast just now, I would happily just eat it all day!! Going to go for the mushroom soup today for lunch and beef bourginon (sp??) for dinner, going to try and make the celeriac mash recipe from the go lower website to go with it. Hopefully it is a good replacement to potatoes, they are one of my major downfalls...mmm chips, crisps, mash, roasted, how am i going to cope??! Xx

Back