Go Lower

Good luck readingite....I'm sure you'll find it as easy as the rest of us..

Veg and fruit - anything that you like is a good way to start...I love most fruit and veg and also enjoy cooking so don't worry too much about it. Probably easy to prepare stuff like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli is a good start and then perhaps strawberries and pineapple...it really does depend what you like.

Well enjoy and good luck and keep us posted.
xx

ok so week 1 is over. lost 3.5lbs but a whopping 6.5inches from all over mainly from my ribs and waist so i look a lot better than it did :) actually lost 2.5inches from my ribs so had to go get new underwear!
i totally agree with the real food idea and its possible to eat out on this diet (had a burger no bun and salad with low fat dressing last night)
unfortunately i'm on holiday for a few days next week so my detox section will be interrupted but i'm sure i'll be able to get on track as its only a few days and i'm loving this diet sooo much.
have also started back at the gym though i can't do some of the machines yet because of my foot but hopefully that will heal up quickly as i'm loosing weight :)
hope you are all doing well on the diet too ^^

Hi , wow you have done sooo well!! it brilliant when you see and feel the weight coming off, and i had to buy new underwear after 2 weeks as mine was way to big!!!
Hope your feeling ok and doing well still.
:)

HI Readingite,
Well i added a handfull of mixed berries, blueberries, rasberries, strawberries with my breakfast. Its quick to prepare which is good for me with the kids running around getting ready for school.
I like steaming brocoli, green beans, carrots etc a nice handfull to go with my meal.
And it so easy to do.
Also if you dont have much time Go Lower soups are good for a quick lunch or tea.
Drink lots of water withand in between meals that always helps me to feel full.:)

Hi Readingite

Another non-cook...... hurray!!! I am not alone!

Hubby cooks my veg, the little of it I eat.

First let me just say after a few days of the diet you will be in ketosis and you may find you struggle to eat what you are supposed to each day.

If the Go Lower meals weren't so quick and easy I would probably say somedays I can't be bothered but I know I must not skip meals anymore!

Don't forget to drink plenty of water over the next couple of days while you body adjusts.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies!

Well it's Monday now and I started on Saturday. So far I'm really enjoying my meals, although I'm still not quite over the shock of how tiny breakfast is. But the food is yummy and it's so convenient!!

Well done to Jouelles!! How long have you others been on Go Lower? I went on it because I agree with the real food thing too. I've tried it on my own though, and always failed. Now I have a simple plan every day, I know what I'm going to eat and it's ready for me - I think that is the key!!

Have a happy day all

readingite - I agree with you - Go Lower works because the meals are ready to eat and take mins to heat up. There is little planning involved and even less washing up!!

I started Go Lower back in Jan this year and so far have lost 4 stone in exactly 4 months....couldn't have asked for anything more! Loving it.

Good luck and enjoy
xx

I started Go Lower begining of november last year and my goal weight was 5 stone.
And i did it plus 6lb just maintaining. I have started doing more exercise now, but didnt do much at the start just school run and usual running around.
It was just so easy to do espeially when my OH was working funny hours, it stopped me skipping meals and then picking on rubbish in the evenings because i has a plan to follow.:)
How are you doing now?

I started Go Lower quite a few months back now and the loss has been steady and consistent.

I thought I might get bored sticking to a diet for so long but because I can eat such varied foods I am able to stick it really well and that is probably why Go Lower is the only diet that has worked for me.

I don't do any exercise but I am staring to think about doing little bits now just to tone up. Notice I am only thinking about it at this stage..........

A few months ago I would not even consider exercise but as I am losing weight I could probably cope with a little. I may actually get on a bike this week!!!

Wow those are some excellent results you guys have!!! Thanks for sharing, that is SO encouraging.

I've been walking a lot lately. I think everything is connected in terms of motivation: I feel I'm not alone in this, because I've got the support of Go Lower, and my meals are in order so I'm much more motivated to exercise as well. Plus, I really really want the weight gone!!

Wow those are some excellent results you guys have!!! Thanks for sharing, that is SO encouraging.

I've been walking a lot lately. I think everything is connected in terms of motivation: I feel I'm not alone in this, because I've got the support of Go Lower, and my meals are in order so I'm much more motivated to exercise as well. Plus, I really really want the weight gone!!

You are doing really well. You sound very motivated and in the right head space. Its good to hear. I agree Go Lower are really supportive. Wouldn't be able to do this without their help.

Good luck and keep losing
xx

I think you defenatly need to be in the right mind to be suscessful in any diet. REALLY wanting the weight off is a good start and the exercise will help alot.
I only wish i had started exercise earlier but it was hard in the middle of winter:(
Cant wait to hear how you getting on.
:)

Readingite

I think a lot has to do with the support system. I know I can call Go Lower any day and they are always able to answer my questions. My personal consultant is soo supportive.

On past diets I had to wait for the weekly weigh in before I could ask anything and by then I would normally have forgotten what I wanted to know anyway!

Thanks for sharing that Happy and Suzy - about the consultants being so helpful. Mine is very friendly but I really haven't a clue what to call about or ask about. I have never dieted with support before, not been to any "clubs" or anything like that. Sometimes I feel I just want moral support or encouragement but nothing specific so I don't know what to say. I haven't rung at all so far except for the first day when everything arrived!

Isabel, thanks for that... are you exercising more now? What do you do? I agree, in Winter I became a total couch potato. Didn't help the pounds piling back on!!

Readingite

If you need some support just phone Go Lower and say that.

I am sure they are used to all sorts of things and if you say you just want some encouragement they will give it to you.

We are also here to offer motivation and will help in any way we can.

Also sometimes reading other peoples post can help when you read how well they are doing it can make you want to be the same.

readingite, I agree with Suzy - call Go Lower, if only to say 'Hi'....and to check what you are doing is right....we are all here for you, to help support each other and to keep ourselves on track... I love reading about others stories as it keeps me motivated and makes me realise Its not just me...

Good luck, keep losing and enjoy.

xx

Hi readingite, well i only relly starting exercies in the last month or so, i joined my local council run gym, and they set me up with a program, but i also bought some dvds and do lots of walking!!

I didnt get round to doing any apart from the school run in the winter and at the start of My Go Lower diet and i still lost lots.:)

That's good to know Isabel... still, woo hoo on starting the exercise seriously!

I haven't been on the scale yet, I plan to weigh only once a week. Tomorrow is it, tomorrow I will have been on this for 7 days without deviation. That's a big, big accomplishment for a serial cheater like me!!

HI i do enjoy the exercise, it gives me a little bit of time to myself and im doing some good. Some days i work hard other days i just do a little bit but its helping move the diet on and toning up a little now ive lost.

I only weighted myself once a week at the start of Go Lower. But now i rearly weigh myself, i go by my clothes size and once i see they are alot looser i weigh myself to keep track. But now im mainly maintaining weight loss as i have lost over 5 stone.

Good luck for tommorrow Readingite, but im sure you dont need it!

Readingite

Well done for not cheating at all. I was so proud of myself when I satrted on Go Lower as I knew if I cheated it would only be myself that would feel cheated so I have stuck to it really well.

If I do have the odd slip I don't stress as I know the next day I will be good and will get back into properly as I want that weight to keep coming of and it is!

Back