Go Lower

Morning everyone, welcome Diana, nice to see more joining on the Go lower journey.

I've been away with work since Friday and I was a little bad on Saturday and may have had one too many vodkas, that may have lead to one or two cocktails, woops!! Didn't stray fromt he plan except for the alcohol and everyone was in high spirits so it would have been rude not to join in.

Anyway its good old weigh in day and just down 2 lbs this week (alcohol and fruity cocktails may have had something to do with that!) Still a loss though so I am happy.

Hows everyone else getting on? Craig hae you started yet? Guys do lose faster so your goals are totally achievable, my dad started on the plan last week after seeing my results and he has lost 8lbs all ready, he says he's going to get a standard order for the 28day plan so he never has to cook again (he's not good at all - comes from my mum spoiling him when they were together). Xx

Hey BB. I've not started yet. I ordered the 7 day trial pack first to see how I get along with it and if it can get me into ketosis with all those treats then I might go for a 12 week or 28 day program. Not really sure what to do yet as my original idea was to drop into Nerys and Indias Idiot Proof Diet once my 7 days are up. The pack will be delivered to my parents house tomorrow so I'll collect it and start on Friday. What exactly do I need to buy? Single cream, some frozen berries (will just take out what I need the night before and leave to defrost in the fridge (used to do that ll the time when I was lasy on Atkins, serving with Greek yoghurt in them days) and veggies that can be steamed. Is there a specific list?

Hey, they supply a list in the programme booklet. Its mainly everything green or cauliflower or celeriac. I think you can have greek yogurt if you want, just check the carb content and go for the lowest - I didn't think they would vary that much but they totally do. I just buy frozen berries as well and then fresh strawberries for a treat at the weekend. I'm doing eggs every second day for breakfast this week to try and lose a bit more next week.
I either get celeriac and make mash out of it (or chips) or i go for broccoli - boil or steam and then give it a quick fry with garlic - yum. I'm not that adventurous with my veg I have to say. Xx

Oh, or I grate cauliflower into a bowl, put a little bit of butter on top and micro on high for just over 1 minute and then you can have it as an alternative to rice to go with curry. Xx

Does it really work as a rice substitute? This all sounds so easy!:whistle:

yeah, its really good and because its not boiled it doesn't really taste like cauliflower and gives a good rice texture substitute, you could even put some turmeric over it to make it even more authentic. It totally is easy. Xx

bb - Well done! Your doing so well!!!

Craigyd - I got the pig2twig receipe book yesterday, the diet sounds just like GL. Have you got the diet book? what is there concept?

It's a combination of all the various low-carb/GU diets and they have chery picked the best bits. You still have an induction phase and again ketosis is the key as with many diets on here. I've not read it all yet in fact I'm only on page 66.

Hiya, thanks BB.
Well, I didn't get my pack today :sigh:. I rang GL, they said that apparently citylink tried to deliver it to me today but obviously they ignored my instruction where to leave if I'm not in. :mad:
Greigyk you were lucky to get 7 days pack as GL removed this offer from their website. Caroline, no more trial packs either. xxx

Diana - I was thinking about what bb said about eggs for breakfast, i think it would be because of the lower carbs, its granola for breakfast with GL so egg, being protein, would reduce carb intake... but missing out on some important fibre so I dont think it would be a good idea to egg it everyday but bb has a great balance eating every other day.

I had gammon for tea, it was sooo nice. Im not a fan of the GL food at all, im so looking forward to getting off it to start eating solid food again. But i did the Ketostik test today and it was bright purple so good to know its working.

Hi Diana

Just got in from celebrating my hubbys birthday, my daughter is away at uni and we surprised hubby by both son and daughter turning up for a fab surprise celebration...so after having had the most fabulous Italian blow out I am now ready to knuckle down and start Go Lower tomorrow!!
One question...in my pack I had 2 chocolate brazil nuts I just wondered have they forgotten the other 8 ???? 2 ???? what on earth is that going to do for my chocolate cravings LOL
Hope your pack arrives tomorrow I will let you know how I get on!

C xx

Thanks Jellibabe for good news! To lose 4 stone GL support recommended me to take 20 weeks program .... ohhhh ... can't imagine staying on Granola for 20 weeks! I am glad that at least we can eat some other ''real'' low carb food for breakfast like eggs and still losing weight. How long have you been on GL? I was ok on atkins as all food was ''real'' but I really don't have any time for planning, counting net carbs etc right now...I hope GL will help me to get back to low carb eating as it worked for me. Great you are in ketosis, you are burning fat with every breath you take, fab!
When I was on Atkins every time I ate some high carb food or drunk spirit (I know, I know...) so went off ketosis to get back on truck I had to do 50 minutes low speed treadmill on empty (important) stomach in the the morning and wait at least 2 hours before having low carb breakfast. Carbs are burning off as energy and providing you eat low carb you are in ketosis by the same evening. LA fitness gym instructor recommended it to me and It def works, I did ketostick tests etc. I'll do it before starting GL. Just have to drink plenty of water.

Hi Caroline.

Glad you had a fab time&meal, love Italian! Now you are ready to start!
Hmmmm 2 choc. nuts - tough! :giggle:They do call it the trial pack though...

I hope I get my food tmrw. :worthy: I was eating like a pig last two days trying to convince myself that it doesn't matter as I'm going on a diet soon so my last treat....

xxx

Diana

Going to start with you tomorrow as I have not had time to go out and buy necessary items and cant get out of work until much later today!

Morning all,

I had a really bad day Monday, I made the classic mistake of jumping on the scales and had stayed the same since my weigh-in Friday :mad: needless to say when I went out on the night my mineral water got swopped for red wine!! when I got home after about 6 glasses I finished the night off with a very large whisky :break_diet:

I spent all day yesterday nursing a real stinking hangover, serves me right eh... I was so disgusted with myself, I have only just signed up for the 20 week course, so today I am back on track and determine to be good :)

Hope you are all getting on ok, Jelli are you feeling better now?

Karen x

Morning all, how are we all today? I've woke up with a terrible headache, I'm not sure if the drinks at the weekend have maybe knocked me out of ketosis and I am back in now or I am getting i'll.

Swapping the breakfast clusters for eggs is something that is recommended if you have slowed down on the weight loss. I know I havn't but I love eggs and I think its good to have a bit of variety veen though I love the breakfast clusters as well - so good with cream and strawberries and so easy when your don't have time to make eggs. Xx

I would like some advice from you long standing Go Lowers could you advise me as to what essentials should be on my shopping list please?

Back