Go Lower

Sure can, My weekly shopping list looks something like this (I shop on a friday night):-

-Small tub of fresh strawberries for a treat with the clusters on Saturday morning
-Fresh single cream or a plain probiotic yogurt (I think the rule is aim for less than 4g carb per 100g)
-Bag of frozen raspberries if I have run out (much easier than fresh)
-A celeriac
-A broccoli
-Asparagus
-Sometimes go for cauliflower or spinach for a change
-A bag of babybels
-A pack of chicken drumsticks - stick a couple in the oven every couple of nights incase the munchies attack through the day
-Pack of eggs (happy eggs are only £1 in morrisons just now)

And think thats it. Xx

Hi Go Lowers

I hope you are all having a good dieting day? Karen and Bigbum I hope you have recovered from your hangovers/headaches....I know the feeling well (its the main reason why I have a weight problem!)
Thanks for helping me with my shopping list Bigbum, I have to say I was rather dissappointed with the lack of advice in my trial pack, with regards to what I can/cannot drink and eat with the diet - it says nothing about how I should eat the granola ...with cream/probiotic yoghurt and berries and also I would have thought a list of vegetables I am able to eat with the main meal would have been included....unless I just didn't get it in my pack??
Hi Diana did you get your pack today?

x x

Hey Caroline, feeling much better now thanks. Dont know what the head was about, I've drunk a lot of water today so maybe something to do with that. I would have thought you should have got a little booklet with some info in - maybe they have missed it out by accident. Any questions just shout and I'll try to help.
Hope tomo goes well for you. Keep us updated. Off to bed. Night all. Xx

Hi Caroline, I am feeling better today as well thank you, I have learned a valuable lesson, this diet does not mix well with alcohol :( I am going out with friends Saturday but this time I intend to take the car, at least that way I can't slip up again!!!

When I got my box it came with a little white booklet called the go lower programme guide, it has all the info on the diet including which veggies are allowed and quantities, if you didn't get one just give them a call and they will put one in the post for you. In the meantime if you have any questions I'm sure one of us can help :)

Karen x

So I just need confirmation please.....
granola with single cream and fruit(berries for breakfast)
soup for lunch
1 x snack
eve meal with some cauliflower, broccoli or asparagus
??????????????????
Are there any restrictions on the amount of berries or vegetables I can have?

Is the above correct, have I left anything out?

What can I drink....is it just water

Thanks for all your help

Caroline x

Hi everyone,

I've got the trial pack today:
- One Seed&Nut Clusters (30g) - is it a standard size??
- One Pea & Ham Soup
- One Choc Coated Brazils (2 pieces??) Hmmm
- One chicken Chasseur
- One Beef Bourguignon
- One Coconut Bar
- One Nut Bar

Caroline, I've got a little booklet with it but it was more of advertising stuff and doesn't have any recommendations etc. So I believe they only send a detailed guidance if you join a programm or order 28 days box.

Thanks BB for the shopping list, I've everything I need and ready to start tomorrow!

I tried Pea&Ham soup and it was nice, just like M&S Pea&Ham Soup and has same carbs (4.5) & Sugar (1g) content. Though M&S one has some antioxidants, flavours E, so GL one supposed to be healthier.

Kj2c, hope you are feeling better and will be in ketosis soon. I will try to avoid buzz, not even red wine for my first week.

Nite nite xx

Good luck Caroline, hope we enjoy it! Will be interesting to compare our weight loss

What trial pack is that Diana? The one at £14.95? I paid £49.95 for a week's supply so I hope that it contains more than yours else I will be hungry!!

Had the pack delivered to my mums yesterday and it's currently un-opened in my boot. Gonna nip to Tesco on the way home from work to pick up my cream, frozen berries and veggies. Might get some proper butter too! This is my last day on carbs so tempted to raid the vending machine lol. I love bread so much so my last meal tonight might be a load of crisp butties!!!!:eek:

Morning Caroline,

Lets see if I can answer your questions, right you can have the granola with single cream, natural yogurt greek is advised or milk, the allowance is 250ml a day, if you don't use it on the granola you can use it in drinks. The berries allowance is one handful - 100g!
For lunch you have the soup to which you can add a handful of grated cheese if you want.
As for the veg with the evening meal there are lots of choices, here are some of them, broccoli 180g, cauliflower 180g, celeriac 150g, courgette 212g, green beans 150g, green cabbage 200g, leeks 203g, you can boil or steam them then if you like fry or mash them up with a nob of butter.
For a snck you can have the nut bar and also if you get hungry you can snack on protien foods like chicken.
As for drinks its water, yum, or you can have sugar free volvic touch of fruit.

Hope this helps x

Diana the granola is always a 30g portion, I admit it doesn't look much but by the time you have added your cream or yogurt and berries its really filling.

Good luck to both of you also Craig enjoy your last day of freedom and good luck for tomorrow.

Karen x

Thanks very much Karen for taking the time to message me, I just found the info sent a little sparse so you have really helped
Will let you know how I get on

Caroline x

You're welcome Caroline, hope it goes well! If you need to know anything else just ask :)

I am finding it a very good diet it is easy to stick to cause once you get into ketosis you just don't feel hungry and the food you eat is very tasty, I tried the £49.95 week trial and on the strength of that I signed up for 20 weeks :D

Good luck and keep us posted.

Karen x

Hi everyone,

I have added an exercise ticker, have used a festive on cause it will probably take me till Christmas haha.... :D

Well I've opened my pack and I did get the white booklet thingy (only a photocopied document but it does give you some basic information). My shopping list for tonight on the way home:

1 x large tub of Greek yoghurt (lowest carb I can find)
1 x pack of frozen berries
1 x cauliflower
1 x savoy cabbage
1 x pack of proper butter
1 x pack of babybel cheese
1 x Haribo kiddie mix (joke!)

bring on ketosis!!!!!! :):):)

Craig check the carbs on the berries as well, I just noticed the mixed berries are over 3g per 100g higher than the raspberries :(

Karen

Morning everyone, what a day I had yesterday, was at a meeting and they only had percolated coffee - yuuuummm, the smell was driving me crazy so I just had to have one - its the first caffine I have had since starting the programme and I could not sleep at all last night! They then brought out lunch - a massive selection of amazing looking sandwiches (I think they were maybe M&S), a big bowl of crisps and a selection of naughtys - caramel shortcake, chocolate muffins, chocolate biccys! Total nightmare! I chose a couple of sandwiches and ate the fillings out of them and had to just explain that I was allergic to bread.
I'm so happy its Friday, its been a long week! Going to have a treat of steak for dinner. Yum.
Hows everyone getting on?Xx

Morning all,

Weigh-in day today and I have lost 2lbs :D:D:D I am delighted with this after my meltdown Monday! :( back on track now and even more determine!!!

Bigbum your willpower is amazing, I don't know how you resisted when it was right there in front of you... WELL DONE!!!

Karen x

It was really hard but I just kept thinking about weigh in day on Tuesday and I am trying to be really good this week with no slip ups and hopefully I will be rewarded.

Well done on your loss, glad to hear you are back on track, I just keep thinking of the final product - a slim new me for the summer. I'm going on holiday in July and I want to be feel totally comfortable and not embarrased to get the bikini on. I have started using the cocoa butter body firming stuff and it seems really good and smells amazing. Xx

Thanks bigbum,

I don't think I have worn a bikini since I was a kid :( but like you say if I stay focused maybe this year is the year :eek:

The cocoa butter stuff sounds nice....

Karen x

Back