Go Lower

Yeah it seems really good, supposed to her keep the skin tight as you lose weight.

This is the year!! We just need to dedicate ourselves and just keep telling each other that this is the year of change. I'm going to join a seamstress class so I can adjust my clothes and maybe go as far as start making my own. Xx

What a great idea!! Mind you I have an ex-catalogue shop near me and some of the clothes are really cheap so I have a bad habit of buying things a size or 2 too small so when I finally lose some weight I will have lots of new clothes... lol... :D

Karen x

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend and stayed to plan. I was out for dinner and went for a starter and main and my dear boyfriend decided to go for pudding as well - a chocolate cake!! I broke and had a bite and oh my god it was sooooo sweet and I actually didn't really like it! :) Never thought I would see the day! Xx

Good morning, I had a good weekend, I had a night out Saturday but after my meltdown Monday I took the car and drank mineral water all night, I was so proud of myself :D:D

Hope everyone is getting on ok, well done BB you only had a bite of cake not a whole one... :)

Karen x

Woo well done Karen, I'm generally staying away from the booze, not really because of the fact its cheating but more because I know I will want carbs if I get a bad hangover.

The cake wasn't good and he said it was amazing so its definately the taste buds changing. Just tasted like I was eating a mouthful of sugar. Xx

Well my first day today! Really enjoyed my breakfast of granola, greek yoghurt and raspberries. Just had the pea and ham soup for lunch, was okay but the meat was a bit too fatty (very fatty) for my liking. Had a Go Lower bar too (coconut) but I'm starving. Hope Ketosis comes quickly!!

Hi Craig, I sometimes add extra bacon and a handful of grated cheese to the soup to make it go a little further, also you could snack on chicken etc for the first few days till you get into ketosis :)

Karen x

Thanks Karen. I've got some babybels at home so might have one of them. Love chicken too, in fact I'm very tempted to nip to tesco and go and buy one of those ovenready chickens. Yum!!

Morning All

How are you all getting on?

Craig how did your first day go, what food have you tried?

Caroline & Diane did you finish your trials, what did you think?

Bigbum how did the weigh-in go?

Jellibabe where have you gone, are you still doing Go Lower?

Nosey so and so aint I :D

Karen x

Morning, where has everyone gone? How you all doing?

I missed Tuesday as weigh in because I wasn't home, weighed this morning instead and I have lost 0lbs, I have lost an inch off my waist and hips though and its also lady times so I'm not too upset.

Back home now until Tuesday so back onto the packs full time, actually looking forward to just being at home and chilling out. Since its such lovely weather I am taking a friends dogs out for a walk this weekend to get some exercise.

Going to have pea & ham soup for lunch and going for coq au vin for tea with green beans fried in butter and garlic and a little chilli. Yum yum. Xx

Morning Bigbum, I'm still here but I don't know whats happened to everyone else, I was starting to feel like Billy no mates :cry:

I'm glad your not upset about the scales, I know it happens like that sometimes and an inch off your waist and hips is brilliant :clap:

I have 2 dogs a 7 year old cross called Sandy and a Border Collie pup called Beth who has just turned 1 and has more energy than she knows what to do with, so I will be making the most of the weather too :)

I have just had my granola with cream and fresh strawberries yum! I have a piece of steak for lunch with mushroom sauce and for tea I'm going for the beef bourguignon with courgettes mashed with butter, what a diet eh.... :D

Karen x

Thanks Karen, Yeah I know, I am glad that I still lost inches. The support team always say you are better to go by inches because the scales arn't always truly reflective because you are maintaining muscle mass or something like that.

Ooohh, I didn't know you could mash courgettes, I like grilling them with a little bit of pesto and halloumi cheese. Xx

Yes I love courgettes, they are one of the lowest carb veggies, I boil them, add a large knob of Lurpak and just smush them up a bit - to die for!!! ;)

I have never tried halloumi cheese wht is it like?

Just off to take the dogs for a nice long walk over the canals now :)

Karen x

Its a white cheese from cyprus and its so good grilled, it doesn't really melt and it has quite a salty taste (I@m not making it sound nice but it is).

Think I'll go for courgette tomorrow I think. I need to start having a better variety of veges, I'm liking kale fried with garlic and bacon. Xx

You've made my mouth water now, I love cheese anyway, must look out for it next time I go shopping :drool:

Just got back with the dogs, as usual Beth is still going strong but me and Sandy are shattered, off to collapse into a nice hot bath :)

Karen x

Morning all,

Weigh-in day today and I have lost another 2lbs, if I'm honest I was hoping for a little more cause I have had a really good week :confused: the only thing I can think of is flavoured water, I have been drinking in all week so my challenge for next week is to drink more tap water :sigh:

On a more positive note I have loved the food again this week, it doesn't really feel like I'm on a diet so I just have to learn to be a little less impatient and accept that the weight is coming off :D

Karen x

Morning,

Well done Karen, no matter what its coming off, thats what I keep thinking. I was reading on another forum that when you have changed from a low cal to a low carb diet things can be a bit slower than normal but it does pick up.

I can't drink the flavoured waters anymore, find them too sweet. Some of them do still contain carbs and some are sweetened with aspartame which are nasties. Xx

Hello, if you sign up to the 12 or 16 week course it costs £46.50 per week with 1 week free at the end and the 20 weeks is the same but with 2 weeks free, if you add up what you normally spend on food this is quite reasonable. You can also buy 1 month at a time but this is more expensive I think it costs £252 a month

Hope this helps

Karen x

Morning all,

How is everyone getting on, hope you had a good wekend ;)

Ok its time to confess!!! I have been on a bit of a bender :sigh:
you see Sunday wasn't just mothers day it was my husbands birthday as well :eek: The red wine has been flowing all weekend and yesterday we went for a meal :break_diet: in fairness though we went to a carvery so I only had beef, cauliflower cheese, green beans and a bit of gravy, I even gave my yorkshire pudding to my daughter, and resisted the puddings :)

Anyway I am back on track today and being really strict until weigh in day on Friday so hopefully the damge won't be too bad :wave_cry:

Karen x

Back