Go Lower

hi karen an bigbum,thanks for the comments.i think it was cuz i was goin into ketosis.had a headache all weekend an was sick yesterday.felt like givin up an havin a sarnie but i got thru it an im feelin good now.u r both doin well.not long til our weigh-in karen!

Weigh in day and there doesn't seem to be any change, it is TOTM so I am not too stressed though, going to call CS and see what they say.

How you all doing today?

Covkirst glad you are feeling better, going into ketosis can be really rubbish. Xx

Morning all,

I was talking to someone the weekend who told me something interesting, she told me to check the medications I am taking cause certain perscription drugs can seriously slow or even stop weight loss :eek: Guess what!!! the one I take (Prozac) is the worst culprit of all :mad: this could explain why my losses have been slower than everyone else :(

Well I decided to talk to my doc yesterday and we have agreed to start cutting the dose, it will take me about 6 weeks to come off them totally but hey its worth a try, I'd rather be depressed than fat ;)

Covkirst glad you are feeling better, well done for sticking with it :)

Bigbum just remember that totm is just fluid retention, you will still have lost fat, so you will have a good loss next week :)

Karen x

yes i agree with karen.i was gonna say the same thing,that u shud have a gd loss next week bigbum.how come prozac slows down weight loss??jus wondered.has it got sugar in it?

Apparently prozac screws up your metabolism here is a quote i found online:-

With Prozac weight gain, it is not the amount of food eaten, but the body’s crippled metabolism. If you have already cut your food intake, have eliminated fatty foods, exercise on a regular basis and you still are gaining weight, your metabolism is to blame. If you are taking Prozac, chances are Prozac is contributing to the sluggish metabolism. The only true solution to Prozac weight gain is not to take Prozac.

Most people slowly return to their pre-Prozac weight after discontinuing Prozac use, but the emphasis is on the word “slowly.”

Weight gain with SSRIs is tricky because SSRIs give an appetite suppressant feeling and some weight loss in the beginning. It isn’t until after a few months that the weight gain appears.

SSRIs were originally thought to reduce appetite and promote weight loss. Many people will experience weight loss in the first months of taking antidepressants but that side effect is short-lived. It is now known that long-term use of SSRIs like Prozac are associated with weight gain. It is common for people to report weight gains of 20, 30 and even 60 pounds several months into treatment.

:eek: Karen x

Woah, thats quite interesting Karen, I had never thought about it but when I was on prozac a couple of years ago it does coincide with a weight gain, I had just put it down to feeling pretty glum and comfort eating. I have to say I actually felt really relieved when I came off the prozac and a lot happier - I don't think it worked too well for me and I was expecting a lot more from it. Xx

Morning Ladies, Hows everything today? I am so happy it is the weekend, its been a long week.
Hows the weigh ins gone today? Xx

Morning all,

Weigh in today and I have lost another 1lb, still very slow but I will stick with it and hopefully it will speed up soon :sigh: I am going to try and do some exercise next week maybe that will make a difference :)

Covkirst how have you got on?

Karen x

hi every1

i was gonna log in this mornin but didnt get chance.ive lost 4 an half pound.thats a total loss of a stone yayyy.im 11st7an half an now im 11st3 so im really happy.

Well done covkirst :clap:

Thats a great loss and reaching the stone is brilliant :D

Karen x

Hey all,

ive not been on for a while. Ive been really ill the last couple of weeks, ive just started on some tables to try and help but being referred to hospital for some test so doc advices no dieting until I see consultant. Well not this diet anyhow, which is a huge shame as I lost over a stone. So im going to move over to one of the more plain healthy eating diets.

If anyone wants to try the diet or wants more food I have a months worth here - PM if ur interested

Sounds like everyones doing great tho, keep it up!

x

Hey Jellibabe :wave_cry: sorry to hear you have not been well, whats the problem if thats not too nosey :eek:

Please drop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on! Which diet are you going to move onto :D

Karen x

Morning All.

Well done covkirst, thats great!!

Jelli, sorry to hear you've not been well, I hope you get better soon and do keep in touch. Wishing you all the best. Xx

Hey ladies, can't believe it, I lost another 5lbs this week, must have been a good amount of water retention last week. I stuck completely to plan this week and added in a bit of swimming. Over the moon!!

Hope you are all well. Xx

Hey Bigbum :happy096: thats fantasitc girl, over half way now then plus 2 stone next week, you must be very excited.

Karen x

Thanks Karen, Its great, I am now back into a pair of 14 jeans (not quite comfortably but defaintly fitting, hopefully next week I'll be able to sit down in them! hee hee).

Hows things for you this week? You managing to stick to plan? Xx

hi every1

well done bigbum,ur doin gr8!! i have signed up for the 12 week programme but ive decided to give it up and go back 2 diet chef.its just i cant have a little treat now an agen such as crisps cuz i will come out of ketosis an the weight goes bk on.im not likin the soups on go lower and am goin right off the food.i still have 2 weeks of food left so i will be doing go lower til then.hows it bin goin this week for u karen??

Morning Everyone,

Weigh in today and I have lost 2lbs this week, I am very happy with this cause I have got a rotten cold so I have been feeling a little sorry for myself and have strayed a little the last few days, I even treated myself to 3 pieces of Kentucky Chicken (15.4g carbs) for lunch on Tuesday :eating: Wow did I enjoy that! Just goes to show Covkirst you can have a treat sometimes as long you choose wisely - hope your weigh in goes well :)

Bigbum swimming is a great idea, I haven't braved that for ages, might give it a go next week if I can get rid of this damn cold :D

Karen x

Back