Go Lower

Thanks for your advice. I will not have a problem drinking water, I drink gallons of water a day so hopefully this will help in my weight loss following the programme. Just received the trial pack, I am going to go out to the supermarket and pick up the berries, yogurt and vegetables. Will keep you updated on my progress.

Morning girls,

Just reporting yesterday went well, it was made easier because I was out all night, I took my daughers to see McFly at Wolverhampton Civic, wow brilliant concert and fantastic seats, we were so close you could see the whites of their eyes, it took my mind off food anyway, lol :D

Karen X

Hey Karen,
Thats great, once you get passed the first couple of days it will get easier and you'll be fully back in the swing of things and of course back in the good old ketosis.
I'm feeling a bit miserable today, TOTM and I'm so bloated because of it and quite snappy, poor bf got it this morning when he refused to make my breakfast - I was being totally irrational, my own fault I slept in and I really was being a pain - going to make steak for dinner to make up. Xx

Hey bigbum, I think we all have days like that sometimes I could kick a kitten through a fan lol... (only joking I love kittens) hope you both enjoy the steak :D

Karen X

:eek: kick a kitten through a fan, yikes!! That would be a bad day :D. I'm much better today and steak was amazing - made a creamy mushroom and parmesan sauce for it with salad.

Hows everyone today? I'm so happy its almost the weekend, we're going paintballing and having a dinner party on Saturday, quite excited! Xx

Morning all,

Weigh in day today and I have lost 3lbs, I am well happy cause I only started again on Tuesday :D

Hope everyone is getting on ok :)

Karen X

Hi everyone, I received my trial week pack of Go Lower food a couple of days ago. I have decided to start on Monday as I want to finish some frozen food to make room for the vegetables, chicken and fruit I will be buying tomorrow. I have seen in Iceland a mixture of raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants. I know the raspberries and blackberries are fine, I just want to find out if eating the blackcurrants and redcurrants are fine to eat also with the breakfast of Granola Clusters with Greek Yogurt. Also are there any specific plain yogurts I should look for. I am really looking forward to getting started on Monday and will post my progress.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

It is all down to carbs, I started with a similar frozen berry mix from tesco but I found the raspberries were lower so I switced, also if you like cream the carbs are usually lower than the yogurt so you can have a real treat and still keep the carbs down, just don't make the mistake I made at the beginning - watch the carbs not the calories :D enjoy, and let us know how you get on :)

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow and we have just been for a family meal, we went to a carvery so I just had beef and a few veg :D then came the puddings, eveyone else indulged so I had an Irsih coffee ;) felt like I cheated but it was really allowed yeh...

Have a good weekend :)

Karen X

Hello all, Well done Karen, thats great for the first 4 days and well done on the carvery too.
Hey barbara, I think you can have all of those berries, I stick to blackberries or raspberries and occasionally strawberries. I know blueberries are the highest so generally don't have them. I use cream or total 2% yogurt. Hows your first day going?
Xx

Hi Bigbum, It was my first day on the Go Lower diet and I had a great start with a small bowl of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, redberries, pack of granola clusters and a couple of tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt which tasted great. For lunch I had mushroom soup, I am not really a lover of mushrooms but it tasted really nice. For dinner I had the Chicken & Mushroom Fricassee on a bed of Cabbage, Leeks, spinach and sprouts which I really enjoyed. I have decided that I will be chewing my meals very slowly and making each mouthful last so that it will give me the full and satisfying feeling. I was very proud of myself as I resisted temptation at work. On birthdays and treats from holidays colleagues bring in Cakes, sweets, chocolate, biscuits etc. Today I went into the kitchen at work and there on the table were loads of doughnuts, cream cakes, flapjacks, chocolates and I went and got my water and walked out and did not touch any of the food. I was so determined to stick to my diet.

I am keeping a weekly diary of my progress. I weighed myself this morning and was horrified to see 16st 8lb and 35.3 BMI. I am so determined to lose this weight as this is the heaviest I have ever been, even when I was 9 months pregnant I was only 16st. I am going to take my bust, waist, hips, arms and thigh measurements every week to see my progress. I will keep you progress posted on here to give me inspiration.

Have a good evening everyone

Barbara

Helloah everyone. Been away this week and just back in the office. Looking forward to the long weekend, going to go to London Zoo if the weather is nice - staying away from the pigs though!!
Barbara glad your first day went well. Are you sticking to the recommended amount of veg? I think it is quite important to get you into ketosis and fat burning.
Karen hows it going? Is it weigh in today or tomorrow?
I've decided to order a selection of meals and soups from Go Lower to help with the last bit of weight to lose and plainly for the ease of not having to think about what to cook on certain days. Xx

HI every one. Well its my second day on go lower and I am feeling a bit weak and tired and have a bit of a headache. Finding the granola breakfast a bit hard to take but then again I am converting from coco pops, so it is probalby going to take me some time. I did enjoy the soup at lunch and meal last night and felt full after both, so hopefully this diet will work were others have failed. Any advice would be great. Thanks Bev

Newbie!

Hello All,

I am on day 4 of the Go Lower programme and feeling good, have to say I cheated and weighed myself today and I have lost 8 pounds!! OMG! It could be as my TOTM has just been as well, hope it stays that way till my next weigh day on Monday!

I bought a months supply of Go Lower off ebay for £180! Bargain, also it has about 35 main meals... a bit low on the soups though. As I have cheated a bit I don't have access to the Go Lower forum. Wondered if anybody might help me out with good recipes to replace the missing soups.....?

Figured I would stick with protien salads for lunches - like chicken salad or prawn salad... whats the general consensus? Will that be okay?

PS Bev, I had a really bad headache day 2, lots of water and an early night sorted me out! Today is also the first day that I have actually enjoyed the granola. I had it with a mixture of raspberries and blackberries and greek yogurt! Yum! Up to this point I have struggled with it - think my sweet tooth is on it's way out!

PPS - whats the deal with sugar free chewing gum? I have been eating it is it okay do you think?

Any help appreciated x H x

Last edited:
Hey Superbev, are you having a bit of plain yogurt or cream and a couple of berries with your breakfast? Its lovely like that. Xx

Hey yay helen, welcome to the group, go for green salad with prawns or chicken and some full fat mayo if you want. Sugar free gum has artificial sweeteners so Go Lower don't recommend it.

Keep in touch Xx

Hi Yayhelen, glad everything is going well for you on the Go Lower diet. I too am on day 4 and I am feeling really good. I also love the Granola and add a few raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants topped off with 2 tablespoons of plain greek yoghurt. It satisfies me and keeps the hunger off until mid morning when I then have a packet of Bacon Crunch.

For dinner I have not really been measuring the amount of veg I have, I just have a plate full of cabbage, leeks, spinach and sprouts and one of the meals which fills me up for the evening. I try and make sure I have eaten my last meal by 7pm.

I have been very lucky that I have not been feeling tired or had any headaches. Sorry Superbev2000 that you have been feeling the ill effects but I am sure once you have a good nights sleep you should feel a lot better.

Have a good evening everyone

Hi BBO9 thanks for your reply. I tried it with greek yog and strawberries this morning, going to try mixed berries and cream tomorrow. The thing I am missing most is my soft drinks? I am full enough with the food that I am not missing chocolate,crisps cakes just missing my diet drinks. Volvic falvoured water is just not doing it for me? any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Bev:wave_cry:

Felt soooooo hungry last night, finally sucumbed and had a peperami, figure this is fine as it's high protien but it does mean that aside from the normal food (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack) I also had 2 peperami and 4 babybel...... hope this will still be okay :confused: I have also had a sausage this morning....

Before this I did Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet and that worked on ketosis as well but was a lot higher in fat and had less carbs then go lower, it worked but was very atkinsesqe and felt v.unhealthy... snacking like I have would have been fine for IPD, hope it will be okay on go lower too......

Thanks for the suggestions for lunches and all the other welcome messages! Much appreciated.

Can anyone tell me if you can drink alcohol with Go Lower? I have just avoided it but do wonder? Remeber reading you could but think that it was a mirage brought on by my day 2 headache as it doesn't seem to be in the booklet.... LOL!

Hx

Last edited:
Morning everyone,

Its weigh in day so I thought I had better confess my sins :cry: I have totally lost the plot again this week, I have not been following the plan and have gained 3lbs! I don't seem to be able to get back into it at all, I don't know whats the matter with me cause I really want to lose the weight :mad:

I am going away this afternoon for the bank holiday weekend and have decided I am just going to forget all about dieting, put it out of my mind and just enjoy the break :p Hopefully I can come back and find the enthusiasm that I have clearly lost :eek:

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Karen X

Back