Go Lower

Hey Karen,

Don't worry - I know from previous diet experience that sometimes it's just hard to get back into the groove...

Have a stress free and relaxing weekend (but don't go mad.. and get that start a diet on monday have to eat and drink everything in sight mentality) and then gear yourself up for Monday.

It must be a mental block and thats all, if you need motivation just look back through this thread and see how well you have done and how much your hard work paid off x X x You can do it!

Hx

Hi all,

No granola for me this moring could not face it and its only my third day?? had scrammbled egg instead? Yayhelen in my go lower book that I got when I ordered the diet it does say if your hungry eat a pure protien so the sausage and cheese will be fine. It does say dont drink alcohol and avoid aspartame which is in all diet drinks? so I am drinking suger free flavoured volvic and tesco flavoured spring water which I checked with go lower and is ok to drink. i feel much better today than the last few days. I was ready to give up day 2 as I felf awful but woke up today feeling quite energetic, so i will see how it goes.

Bev

Glad you feel better today Bev x I am on day five, yesterday I felt ace, woke up full of energy and today I still feel great x

Shame about the granola but no point trying to force yourself. I am the same with the pea and ham soup - yuck! Can't bring myself to eat it but know if I don't I am going to end up having to have it for a week at the end of the month or throwing it away which seems a bit of a waste...

Shame about the booze.... oh well just have to keep thinking it will be worth it in the end!

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend x H x

Hi all, Day 1 of Go lower for me today, I had the granola with greek yogurt and rasberrys for breakfast (yum) blue cheese soup for lunch, (yum) and the spinach and leek balls for tea with broccoli yum! Very impressed so far, I do feel very lightheaded though and have had a head ache all afternoon! x

Hi

I am feeling better but had a bit of a panic this afternoon. What happens when i have completed the diet and start to eat "normally" again I am going to put all the weight back on. Hopefully the Go lower team can help me out.

Bev:eek:

Thank you bigbum09 for suggesting cream and mixed berries with the granola. So much nicer than the greek yougurt. I actually ate it for a change.

Bev

Hurrah!

First weigh day and I have lost 8 pounds! Whoopee!

Feeling good - although missed lunch as I was out car shopping (v.exciting!) and by the time I got home at 5pm I felt awful (even though I had a chocolate nut bar about 3).

No skipping meals and go lower for Helen..... :wave_cry: Noooooooooooo

Glad your getting into the Granola Bev - Hurrah!

Hi Everyone, new to this forum and to Go Lower.

I'm getting a months supply from a friend who wasn't keen on the meals.
They'll be in the post Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be starting with Go Lower by the weekend.
Any tips on how to prepare before it arrives?
Can I drink tea and coffee?
Some definite "no-no's" and "must do/have"?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Hi Everyone, hope you are all enjoying the Bank Holiday. I have finished a week on Go Lower and feel great. I have been lucky not to have any side effects and have enjoyed all the food. I did not think that I would like any of the mushroom meals but I really do quite enjoy them. My definite favourite soup is the Pea & Ham and I love the Granola with berries and Greek yoghurt in the morning.

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 10lb in my first week so I am really pleased. I know that when I combine it with exercise I should hopefully keep this sort of weight loss. I am so proud of myself to not give in to temptation especially as I have to cook for my 9 year old son and he loves his pepperoni pizza and nuggets and chips and I did not give in and finish any leftovers he had.

The last couple of days I have been suffering some back pain which I think is attributable to me doing a car boot sale on Saturday and lifting heavy boxes but I am really pleased with the weight loss. I know it will be a while before I notice any difference in the way my clothes fit as I was over 5 and half stone over weight but can't wait to be able to put a shirt on without me feeling that if I breathe the buttons might pop off and being able to button up my jackets.

To give me some inspiration to keep this up I have entered both the Flora London Marathan 2010 and the Playtex London Moonwalk. I won't know for a while whether I have been successful but it would be great to get one of these as they are both worthwhile activities and it would enable me to get in shape and also raise money for charity. The Playtex London Moonwalk especially interests me as it is a 26 mile walk through London at night as Women of all ages dress up in various bras supporting various charities and having a good time.

I have previously done a 5K and 10K run so I know it is not beyond me but would need a lot of training.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.

Take care x

Does anyone know how to amend your details in the blue box on the left hand side as I want to add my starting weight, BMI etc and I cannot see where to amend details.

Thanks

Barbara

Hello Everyone, How are we all today? Welcome Lizzy and Heather.

Barbara and Helen congrats on your losses, thats awesome!!

Karen how was your weekend? Hope you enjoyed yourself and you are feeling ready to get back on it. Xx

Hello thanks for the welcome, I am on day 5 so far, so good. I borrowed the first 4 days of the go lower food from my mum as mine was being delivered today and it hasn't come!!! ARGH!!! I rang them and they said there was a mix up there end and they will send me some complimentary snacks, What am I going to do for tea??!!! can anyone help? Can I just have steak and cauliflower cheese? x

Hi Heather, sorry to hear that that Go Lower pack has not arrived. Don't worry too much as you can have for tea some chicken (preferably skinless), if you don't have chicken I am sure the steak should be ok with some cauliflower, broccoli, Spinach, Green beans. For breakfast you can have eggs, ham, cheese (maybe make it into an omelete. Hope this helps, I hope your pack comes tomorrow.

Regards

Barbara

Hello everyone, nice to see so many new go lower's - :welcome: to our little group.

I am back from my weekend break, but still not feeling enthusiastic about starting again :sigh: I know I have to make the effort so I am going to weigh in on Friday as normal and start fresh then (hopefully...)

I will let you know what damage I have done on Friday :eek: I am afraid to go near the scales yet!

Karen x

It started with an easter egg.......

I ate half an easter egg yesterday. I felt so bad about it that I had to have 4 gin and tonics to make me feel better. Whoops. This morning I have a headache :wave_cry:

Oh dear :sigh:

Anyway - climbing back on the bandwagon today - determined to be extra good all week to make up for it..... fingers crossed I haven't completely messed everything up!

However I am determined that I will be good now!

Karen, glad you had a nice weekend x don't get to downheartened. If you are not ready to start again then maybe you should give yourself a bit more of a break? It's a lot of money to spend if you are not going to stick to it. For a change you could always buy the Idiot Proof Diet cookbook - it's full of low carb recipies that you could try to feel like you are having a treat... thinks like 'muffins' made with whatever filling you want (like sausage or berries) and made with a mix of egg, cream and water. Like a mini quiche without the pastry and made in a muffin tray x

H x

PS - You can join the forum for IPD free at www.pig2twig.co.uk and get lot's of free low carb recipies on the recipies sticky. Lot's of stuff x

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hope everyones doing ok, I am near the end of my 1st week, weigh in in the morning, however I don't think the results are that good as have been having sneaky peaks, enjoying the evening meals but the soups are not that great x

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I am on my second week of Go Lower and things are going well. A couple of my friends at work have asked if I know anyone who would be willing to sell a couple of weeks worth of their Go Lower pack as they want to try it out for a week. If anyone can help please email me at [email protected].
I have started walking every morning for at least 1 and half hours. I do feel good afterwards and it gives me a great start to the day. What I have noticed this week is I don't feel hungry or peckish at all. I totally forgot to eat my breakfast this morning and I was not hungry at all when I warmed up my soup at 1pm this afternoon, which is great as that would have been my downfall if I felt really hungry I would have normally been tempted to eat something naughty.

Have a good evening

Barbara

I'm Back....

Hello everyone :wave_cry:

I have re-started today, I have put the gains of the last couple of weeks behind me, I am starting out fresh with a positive attitude and determination to stick to the diet properly :D we know it works!

Thanks for the tip yeyhelen, I will look into the Idiot proof Diet Cookbook for low carb ideas when I cook for mysef.

I will keep you posted of my progress, have a good weekend everyone :)

Karen

ps. I have reset my mini goal to a more realistic target of 15 and a half stone by 17th July, I know I can do it :p

Hi everyone, lost 5lbs in week one, happy with that, although I'm abit concerened as I'm not hungry at all, which is obviously a sign of keosis, but I'm finding it hard to eat anything at all, I haven't had any of my meals today and it's gone 8'oclock, It just makes me feel ill when I try to eat it, it's not like I don't like them either, abit worried as it's not very healthy is it x

Back