Go Lower

Hi Heather,

Well done on your weight loss. I think we started roughly the same time. I have completed 2 weeks now. I will do my weigh-in and measurements tomorrow. I think I also have lost 5lbs which would make a total loss of 14lbs in 2 weeks.

I too have not felt hungry since the beginning of the week. On Friday I took out some berries which I should have added to the Granola and plain yoghurt but after getting my son ready for school, I only realised when I got to work that I still had not had my breakfast. At 1pm in the afternoon I still was not feeling hungry and forced myself to have the soup even though I was not that hungry. I have to say that I am pleased that I am not feeling hungry as that was my downfall before when I felt hungry and would reach out and grab anything in my sights. For the last week I have been getting up early and going for a powerwalk for an hour and half and will increase it gradually but I do feel good when I return from my walk.

Heather try not to go all day without eating something even if you feel that you are not hungry, try and eat something. The other day I did not feel for a meal sachet so just had some vegetables so just try to adapt around it but well done for your progress.

Will post my results tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

Barbara

Last edited:
Thanks Barbara, I forced the meals down yesterday, enjoyed the tex mex soup but struggled with the evening meal, again today I have not had anything! Need to start having a big telling off to myself, I don't normally have a problem stuffing my face with food so I'm not sure what's going on at the moment! I'm sure it will slow down my weight loss as well and plus I'm not paying all this money for fun! Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how you get on x

Morning ladies, it really is important to not miss meals, if you do your metabolism will slow down and thats not good. It is just a sign of ketosis, try and always have something other wise you will go into starvation mode.

Did you all have a good weekend? Karen so glad your back and you can do this! Xx

Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone
I've just sat down and read all the posts in this thread and am full of enthusiasm now. (Thank you bigbum09 for pointing me in the right direction).
I've just starter Go Lower this weekend (Day 2 today) I've got a week's worth of packs from ebay to try it out. Unfortunatly, the pack has no breakfasts so I've had eggs this morning and have ordered some granola from another low carb site - hopefully it will arrive very soon as I like the idea of granola and berries to start the day. So far so good - it is only day 2! no headaches and not feeling hungry but I am really struggling with the water, I absolutely hate the stuff! Is it possible to use a no sugar squash?
Yesterday I had pea and ham soup (nice) Sausage cassarole (hmmm! not sure) and today it's Tex Mex soup (Fabulous!) and Chicken, Leak and Cream (nice). But I have needed the bacon snacks to appease my crisp habit and am beginning to panic as it's only day 2 and I've eaten 2 of the 4 I have :eek:.

I'm looking forward to joining this group; you are all so supportive and full of great advice. Hopefully I 'll be reporting weight loss too.

Jay

Good evening everyone. Welcome Jay to the group. I have been on the Go Lower diet for 15 days now and weighed myself this morning. I have now lost 14lbs in total which I am really pleased about. I have loved all the food on the diet. I love the Granola with berries and plain yoghurt which gives me the kick start to the day. I have a pair of size 12 jeans which I bought from Next a couple of years ago and still has the tag on. I am so determined that I would like to lose the weight and fit into them.

Heather I hope you are feeling better today and have been able to eat something (however small).

Take care

Barbara

Product Recall from Go Lower

Hi all,

Just copying and pasting what I received from Go Lower tonight. Hope your meals do not include this batch!

Dear Customer,

Beef Bourguignon batch 09104 is being recalled due to a possible foreign body contaminant. Please be assured that this is an isolated incident.

Please do not eat any of the Beef Bourguignons from this batch, we shall be in touch to confirm free of charge replacements.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Susan

Susan Taylor
New Product Development Manager
Go Lower Ltd

Starting tomorrow!!

Hi all

I finally received my box today, so will be starting tomorrow/Wednesday!

Really looking forward to something new and inches lost.

I do have a question, how do I set things up so I know when people post to this thread?

Thanks

Liz

I really don't see the big deal about Go Lower, you get pre packed food and granola? okay the food tastes okay but you could buy them meals from Tesco's or Asda. You have to buy all your fruit and vegetables which I truly hated.

Im now on The Bodychef were everything is done for me, all the meals are delivered to me with all my side dishes, condiments, fruit and vegetables and the food is fresh and extremely tasty.

Bettyboop, seems like you may be trying to sell bodychef? Do you work for them :)?

Hey Lizzy, I have never managed to figure that out, I go into quick links and subscribed threads. Hows your first day going?

I spoke to Go Lower this morning and they assured me that they are recalling as a precautionary measure and the beef bourg is not going to make you I'll or anything if you have already eaten it.

How is everyone today? Xx

Day 4!

Hi Everyone

Have made it to Day 4 and still no sign of headaches (yippee!) but got to say that one side effect appears to be what my 3 year old describes as a "squeaky bottom!” Have many people experienced bad breath etc? As I was told that was something to look out for

Still liking the food, I was pleasantly surprised by the mushroom soup which tastes homemade (well better than my homemade!) and now I have some granola breakfasts are far easier.

Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning, as I was sure I would not have lost any weight - I seem to be eating far more than usual and not hungry at all. I was amazed to see that I've lost 4lbs and I'm only half way through week 1 - So thrilled!!

Am hoping to get some more tex mex from a girl selling packs on gumtree which helps keep costs down.

Liz - to get notification it’s Quick Links - Subscribed Threads, then tick the box next to the thread and go to the drop down menu below and select notification instant email.

Can't wait to be able to add a proper weekly countdown!!!

Jay

Bettyboop, seems like you may be trying to sell bodychef? Do you work for them :)?

Hey Lizzy, I have never managed to figure that out, I go into quick links and subscribed threads. Hows your first day going?

I spoke to Go Lower this morning and they assured me that they are recalling as a precautionary measure and the beef bourg is not going to make you I'll or anything if you have already eaten it.

How is everyone today? Xx

No lol but its hard to say companies like Go Lower and Dietchef are good because its just prepacked meals? nothing special goes into them, just a jumble sale of food that's thrown into a box and called a diet because its low in calories. Do you work for Go Lower? seeing as your defending there product? its a forum and I am aloud to give my opinion :copon:

Day 1

Well I enjoyed my first day on GoLower.

Eaten breakfast for the first time in ages, pea and ham soup for lunch, and coq au vin with spring greens for dinner.

I looked at bodychef, but it's twice the price...even with buying veggies today I spent no where near that.

I don't think the prepackaged meals at Tescos and Asda etc quite measure up to what I had today.

I figured out the subscribe, thanks all.

Making ends meet

I've looked at quite a few of these replacement meal diets and think they are really expensive, especially given the current economic climate.
I don't think I've saved much on my regular shopping as I've bought quite a range of veg I wouldn't normally buy (and I still need to buy normal food for the family).
However, I'm full of enthusiasm and learning the low carb principles quickly. I know it's probably not the done thing to not commit to the whole go lower programme especially at the start but I've taken the basic ideas - I got a pack of one week's food from ebay (£30) and have stretched it out buying granola elsewhere and switching between the go lower stuff and real food based around the low carb ideas (Grilled Chicken with asparagus and a knob of butter tonight for dinner). I've got a freezer load of veg now so hopefully next week's food bill for the family will be much lower and even if it means it takes me longer to get to my target weight, it's more affordable this way.
I'm amazed at the wealth of information on Low carb recipes and substitue food on the Internet including video advice on You tube. I've worked out that my £30 of go lower bits can last two weeks with some real food bits switched in. I'm sure the purist (and those involved at Go Lower) would be against this approach but it means I can afford a sensible diet which seems to be reaping rewards (fingers crossed, still early days!).

Dieting is never easy and needs to involve a lifestyle change to reap true sustainable weight loss. By mixing real food and the produced packs I really think this makes Go Lower an affordable and achievable diet method.

This thread is really great because it's not only supportive of everyone posting but also shares ideas and recipes. Thank you to everyone who contributes here I think its brill.

Jay

I also didn't buy mine from the actual website, but from a friend who wasn't keen on the meals.
So I was very lucky and got the 28 day plan for £100.
It's just me and hubby at home, and as he is also diabetic he can enjoy a meal with me too, no need for separate meals or "family shopping".
He's always basically ate the same as me, no matter what "diet" I've followed, just adjusted the carb portions, so this right now is perfect, and it will get me to eat more regularly.

One thing I noticed...it is my first day.. I also track calories, is that so far today I've had under 700 calories and am stuffed!
That's with breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner!

Hi everyone :p

I'm new to the forum so I'd like to say *hello*!

I've just ordered my 28 day supply of golower foods and can't wait for it to arrive on Friday. As a type 1 diabetic I've been low-carbing for about a year for health rather than weight loss reasons but I really need to lose a stone and I'm hoping that having all my meals pre-made for me will help me out.

Wish me luck!! :)

Hello all, how we all today?
KatieKitty welcome. Hope you like it, keep us up to date.
Lizzy, thats bargainous!! I'm just finishing and although I know I can carry on myself now and cook my own meals I love having the ease of the packs if I'm late home and can't be bothered cooking, I've just been buying the odd couple of pouches from their website.
Jay that sounds fine what your doing and 4lbs already is awesome! there are some good recipes on here, you should try Jims curry - lovely!! "Squeeky bum" :) it does pass as you get used to the increased amount of fibre.
Lol bettyboop, don't take offense, I was just pulling your leg. Just found it funny cause you came onto a Go Lower thread and started praising a different diet, come join us, all welcome. I liked the sound of bodychef too because its fresh but because I'm away from home so much Go Lower was better for me and thankfully its worked. Xx

Hi guys

I had the beef meals from that batch, so they are sending me replacements, I was abit worried as already ate some but they said there was a chance there could have been a bit of glass in them and that's why they were recalling them, 14th Day on the diet tomorrow, don't think I will have an amazing result, my own fault though! Keep struggling to eat the meals even though they are lovely, so I have probably slowed my metabolism down, will let you know how I get on in the morning x

Morning All,

Heather and Karen hows today gone?

I'm away on holiday tomorrow for a week, going to try my hardest not to go carb crazy but I am not expecting to lose anything next week. Xx

Morning everyone.

I'm now on my third day of golower and I feel great!
No headaches, or any kind of "withdrawal" systems.
2 days in a row I've eaten breakfast which is a first for me lol
Loving the meals so far, added extra snacks yesterday as the calories are so low, but not hungry!

Glad your enjoying it Lizzy, Bigbum have a great holiday and don't worry,

Well I have been on the diet two weeks today and I have lost 9 pounds, I am very pleased with that!

Hope everyone has a great day x

Back