Go Lower

Woo hoo, thats great heather, well done.

Lizzy thats great that your loving it. I don't think it is that low cal after you have everything you are allowed, especially if you have the mushroom strog or any of the creamy meals. The reason it works is because the carbs are reduced. Go Lower want to keep your cals up so your body doesn't go into startvation mode. Xx

Hello everyone,

I have not been around this week so I have just been playing catch-up, hello Lizzy and Katiekitty :) welcome to our group!

Well done Heather thats a great loss, just try to eat all your meals to keep your metabolism going :)

I had a look at Bodychef cause I'm nosey like that :eek: its over ninety quid a week :eek::eek::eek: I'd want it delivered and served to me for that much, lol...

I forgot to mention my weigh-in today went well, I have lost 4lbs this week and am very happy with that :D

Bigbum, have a great holiday, I am going away for a few days next Sat so might not catch up with you for a while.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Karen x

Woo, Well done Karen, so glad you've had a good first week back on it.

Will catch up with you all soon and be good. Xx

hello :)

Hi everyone,

I've been reading your thread for a few weeks now & have finally taken the plunge & bought 2 weeks worth from e-bay. I hope you don't think I'm 'cheating' but I couldn't justify the full price to myself until I'd tried the food.

I got all the other supplies I need today but not sure whether to start tomorrow or Sunday but will defo be starting before Monday.

I've got approx 3st to lose but go on hols in 5 weeks so hope to lose around 1st before I go

Wish me luck

WOW!!!!! Im so off to read up on the web site, sounds soooo good!

Well done girls (and boys) you have all done so well and come so far!

Im sure I will be back!

Woofy X

Day 7

Hi Everyone - Hope your week has gone well.

Well I made it to end of first week. Still really enjoying the food and amazingly I still have a full fridge at the end of a week - (and there was me thinking it was the kids that did all the eating!)
Not had any headaches at all and managed to resist carbs - although sorely tempted by bananas and oranges in the fruit bowl.
Am mixing the Go lower packs with "real food" and that makes it feel like normal eating, which I think helps me.
Does anyone know if you can buy individual soup and meal packs? - I just love the Tex Mex Soup, but only had one pack in my box and 4 Pea and Ham would love to swap flavours.
Can't wait for final weigh in as I feel realy positive about the weight loss and it will help boost me for next week.
How's everyone else doing? I'm realy inspired by the weekly updates that show everyone's progress. :)
Jay

Hi. Does any1 know how many carbs they have in a day? Ive looked at the site and cant find any info. Im doin Atkins at the moment and having around 20g/50g a day depending what Im doing. Im not on induction, have been doing it a few months and as much as I enjoy cooking sometimes if you would great to put my hand in the fridge and pull something ready made and lovely out. The food looks gooood! I would like to shift another 1 stone, maybe 1.5 stone. Im looking at getting the trail week then the 28 days. How does that sound?

Woofy X

Ive done it. Ive dipped my toe to see what its like. Ive order the weeks trail today : 0 )

I take itI will be getting this:

Breakfasts

7 x Granola Clusters

Lunches

2 x Pea & Ham Soup
2 x Mushroom Soup
1 x Tex Mex Soup
2 x Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup

Dinners

Chicken Chasseur
Chicken Fricassee
Beef in Thyme Gravy
Chilli Beef
Beef Bourginon
Sausage Casserole
Chicken Curry

Snacks

2 x Coconut Nut Bar
2 x Raspberry Nut Bar
2 x Smokey Bacon Crunch
1 x Choc Nut Bar

Treats

Chocolate Crème Bar
Plain Chocolate Brazils

Only 2 treats for 1 week : o (

Roll on next week as I cant wait to get my goodie box, its going to be like xmas hahahahahah

Woofy X

Hey well done Woofy!

I had the Beef in Thyme gravy this evening with asparagus - really gorgeous.
Good look with the weight loss you've done so well already I'm sure it will fly off!
Jay

Hello Murron, no one could accuse you of ‘cheating’ for trying the food first, lots of people buy from ebay, I actually have some listed on there simply because I had a bad few weeks where I didn’t use the packs so I am a bit overrun with boxes! Good luck with the stone for your hols, you can do it :)
Hi Jay, hope the weigh-in goes well, I think you have the right idea about mixing the packs with some good old home cooking, just make sure you stick to low carb ;) I have done the same since I started again and it is suiting me better as well, this morning I made a huge scotch egg for breakfast by hard boiling an egg then wrapping around sausage and baking in the oven, it was a nice change :eat:
Welcome Woofy, I asked Go Lower the question about carb limits, they said they recommend up to 40 a day during dettox (the first 4 weeks) then up to 60 a day after, but everyone is different, some can get away with more some less! I usually have around 35 a day. Like you say it is great to have quick tasty meals to hand, 3 ½ mins in the microwave and you are eating :D p.s. I have seen some of the atkins posts, I hope you don't get that whip out over here, lol...
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone and wish us luck in the eurovision, I wonder if we will get a point this year ha ha...
Karen X

***Morning girls***

kj2s, Ive left the *whip* with Jim Jim lol I cant wait for the box to come, I ordered Saturday so will get it Tuesday(wishfull thinking to get it monday)

Letsgetslim Beef in Thyme gravy with asparagus sounds lush. Does it say on the packet how many carbs in it, babes? Tex Mex Soup seems to be every1`s fav.... Oh I cant wait. I need it now! now! now! lol

Murron, I love Ebay! Im sure your getting the same stuff just at a cheaper price, clever you I say, babes!

Have a fab Sunday. Keep the posts coming as I love them!

Woofy X

First results

Hi Everyone

Finally had my first weigh in and have lost 5lbs so I am delighted. Going to track down more supplies on ebay so that I can get them before this first lot runs out on Friday.

Woofy - I checked the pack and it says 1.9 Carb for Beef in Thyme - one of the lowest ones I have.

Karen - Scotch egg sounds great I think its really handy getting other ideas from the forum as people try out different foods. I'm going to have Pea and Ham soup for lunch and then try the baked Aubergine with Mozerella and bacon for dinner - not only am I starting to lose weight but I'm gradually learning to cook too!
I hadn't realised how few vegetables I tend to eat - stick to the ones the kids have so it's been sweetcorn, peas and brocolli before now - This week's adventure vegetable will be Celeriac,:confused: Thank heavens for Video Jug demos.

Jay xx

:clap::clap::clap::clap:Letsgetslim:clap::clap::clap::clap:

5 pounds is cracking babes. I bet you feel good and so you should :D

Gets some more packs and keep up the good work! Roll on next week for another cracking weight loss

Woofy X

Hiya everyone,

Well I have to say that the meals sent to me are so far delicious. I've had the beef chilli, chicken fricisse, mushroom soup and the tex mex soup. The tex mex soup is very lovely but it is a bit higher in carbs (15g) than the other meals so I'm making sure I have one of the lower carb dinners if I have this for lunch. The nut breakfast clusters are in tiny portions but actually do fill you up although I do prefer eggs for breakfast so might keep the clusters for snacks :)

2 days down, 26 to go!

Kk.

Hi Katiekitty.
Wow 15g of carbs seems high and thats not even counting the carbs from the veg. Is this the highest carbed meal, babes?

Im pleased to hear your liking the food, I cant wait to get mine. Hope to be with you on your 26 days.

Woofy X

Hey Jay, well done on that 5lb loss :clap: you should be very proud.
I love the Beef in Thyme Gravy as well although my favourite has to be the Chicken Curry, I have it with some steamed cauliflower with a knob of butter stirred in yum… I haven’t heard of video jugs before but I am going to check it out! :)
The Tex Mex Soup is the highest carb meal at 15g but I tend to have a piece of Chicken or Steak for tea that day to keep the carb count down ;)
As for the nut clusters, have you tried them with double cream and raspberries… to die for… and they call this a diet :cool:
Karen X

I just found about Go Lower by accident. I've been struggling with the Cambridge Diet as I just can't get back into it. I know Cambridge works, but I just can't stand the shakes and soups any more!

I've been looking through the website trying to find out some more details but there are a few things I can't find so I though I'd ask here for people's experiences of it.

Apart from alcohol, is is quite restrictive as to what you can't drink and do you have to drink over 2-4 litres of water a day like Cambridge.

Also, what's the average monthly weight loss? CD states 1 stone per month on average so I was wondering if this is much less.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hi Joanne,
I have tried Cambridge in the past :eek: this is much better, you still get into ketosis but have real meals to eat.
The courses do work out cheaper about £6 a day, the only thing is the food reduces as the course gets near the end, they say this is to get you prepared to carry on yourself once it has finished. You do get help and advice though and access to the members only area where you have forums and recipes, give them a call and they will explain everything to you.
Another option is to do what a lot of people do and buy some from ebay to try before you commit ;) you can usually pick up a bargain. There is also a 1 week trial pack available from Go Lower for £49.95 (I think)
As far as drinks go you can drink water, decaf coffee, herbal teas and volvic touch of fruit sugar free. You are supposed to drink at least 2 litres of water a day. After dettox (the first 4 weeks) you are allowed a glass of red wine or a measure of vodka etc with a slim-line mixer :D
The weight loss is dependant on the person, Go Lower say you can lose a stone a month, I am a little too keen on the vodka myself!
I Just noticed your summer goal, I have a target of 28lbs by 17th July as well, maybe we can inspire each other :)
Hope this helps a little.
Karen X

Hi Karen

I've just realised I'm bidding on your ebay stuff!! lol

Jay

Small world eh Jay, I hope you get it :D

Karen

Back